Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2016, 03:06 PM

15,218 posts, read 10,312,234 times

Advertisements

I am a white Italian and we seem to age well. I think it's all that olive oil we use. :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2016, 03:23 PM

6,806 posts, read 4,906,644 times
Seems like almost everyone who posts here "looks younger than their age". Must be an exceptionally healthy and preserved bunch.

Old 11-26-2016, 04:03 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
Seems like almost everyone who posts here "looks younger than their age". Must be an exceptionally healthy and preserved bunch.
Yeah, I really hear it here on CD, but I've heard it all my life in real life too. I suppose that there are actually some people that do look 10 plus years younger, just haven't seen any of them myself. LOL.

Old 11-26-2016, 04:07 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,413,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Don't be too concerned CAjerseychick - I have had medical issues which you probably don't have.

Maybe if I met someone in real life and got to know them and liked them I would feel different. Maybe this whole online dating just isn't for me. You can't get a feeling for a guy's personality unless he has a great profile and most don't. The one guy who had an amazing profile and sense of humor lives in the Northeast. I just feel numb in my heart, I don't know how else to describe it.

Men - specifically unmarried men who date: please answer this question: are you still able and willing to have sex every single night? Is that something any man I might date would expect? I figured at that age once a week would be more the norm.

What is considered by you as constituting "sex"? To me (a male of 62 per this writing), if I am with a woman partly or fully unclothed and we are holding, cuddling, and caressing with each another, perhaps touching or stroking or otherwise stimulating one another at times in the private areas, et al, that is also considered as "sex' by me. Does the term "sex", in your mind, only mean climax-producing behaviors and episodes such as intercourse and the other known acts (trying to keep the language "PG" here, so I won't go into more descriptive language)?

What does it mean to say that one doesn't want to have "sex" hardly ever or very infrequently (if at all) with the opposite-sex person they are with? So you are not even inclined to regularly laying in bed or on the couch with the man (and beng disrobed to whatever degree -- whether partly or fully) and kissing, cuddling, caressing, touching and stroking one another, perhaps at times stimulating one another in those private areas? Or just that you don't want to regularly engage in outright intercourse nor any of the other outright climax-producing acts?

As to myself: Yes, I am willing to have "sex" every night (if not otherwise too tired or feeling physically less well or ill on any particular night) but, as I said, to me, even just engaging in holding, cuddling, and caressing with each another, perhaps touching or stroking or otherwise stimulating one another at times in the private areas, et al is ALSO considered to be "sex" by me. Am I an outlier in that regard (i.e., that most other persons do not think of that as "sex")? I don't know. Do you yourself think of what I just described as "sex" or not?

To me, "sex" and "affection" exist on a continuum. Sex, to me, is a form of "enhanced or extended affection". If I love and care for the particular woman I'm with (and why would I have her as my life partner, married or unmarried, if I didn't love and care for her?), I never grow tired of being affectionate with her. And, again, to me, "sex" is "enhanced or extended affection" . . . so why would I be mentally/psychologically wary of engaging in the continuum of "affection" (of which "sex" is part of that continuum) but rather try to keep it to a minimum (unless the woman in question evolved into someone who came to turn me off to having special feelings for her anymore and hence disaffected me from her)? And if I did truly become so disaffected from her, then presumably I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my remaining life being intertwined with her but would rather be with another woman or to be unpartnered altogether.

Old 11-26-2016, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, I really hear it here on CD, but I've heard it all my life in real life too. I suppose that there are actually some people that do look 10 plus years younger, just haven't seen any of them myself. LOL.
For the crowd that thinks they look younger than they really are, load a photo to this site. It will tell you how old you actually look.

How old do I look?

Old 11-26-2016, 04:10 PM

4,005 posts, read 4,105,040 times
Quote:
Not me. There are days when I feel as though I'm 100 years old. But when I don't, I still love intimacy (which can include many levels of being part of a couple).

Old 11-26-2016, 04:14 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metamorphosis View Post
Not me. There are days when I feel as though I'm 100 years old. But when I don't, I still love intimacy (which can include many levels of being part of a couple).
Someone up thread something along the lines of sex and intimacy has many parts. I would tend to agree, sex doesn't have to be just the ol' hammer and nail routine.

Old 11-26-2016, 04:20 PM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Comes from being on the computer a lot.

Old 11-26-2016, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post
What is considered by you as constituting "sex"? To me (a male of 62 per this writing), if I am with a woman partly or fully unclothed and we are holding, cuddling, and caressing with each another, perhaps touching or stroking or otherwise stimulating one another at times in the private areas, et al, that is also considered as "sex' by me. Does the term "sex", in your mind, only mean climax-producing behaviors and episodes such as intercourse and the other known acts (trying to keep the language "PG" here, so I won't go into more descriptive language)?

What does it mean to say that one doesn't want to have "sex" hardly ever or very infrequently (if at all) with the opposite-sex person they are with? So you are not even inclined to regularly laying in bed or on the couch with the man (and beng disrobed to whatever degree -- whether partly or fully) and kissing, cuddling, caressing, touching and stroking one another, perhaps at times stimulating one another in those private areas? Or just that you don't want to regularly engage in outright intercourse nor any of the other outright climax-producing acts?

As to myself: Yes, I am willing to have "sex" every night (if not otherwise too tired or feeling physically less well or ill on any particular night) but, as I said, to me, even just engaging in holding, cuddling, and caressing with each another, perhaps touching or stroking or otherwise stimulating one another at times in the private areas, et al is ALSO considered to be "sex" by me. Am I an outlier in that regard (i.e., that most other persons do not think of that as "sex")? I don't know. Do you yourself think of what I just described as "sex" or not?

To me, "sex" and "affection" exist on a continuum. Sex, to me, is a form of "enhanced or extended affection". If I love and care for the particular woman I'm with (and why would I have her as my life partner, married or unmarried, if I didn't love and care for her?), I never grow tired of being affectionate with her. And, again, to me, "sex" is "enhanced or extended affection" . . . so why would I be mentally/psychologically wary of engaging in the continuum of "affection" (of which "sex" is part of that continuum) but rather try to keep it to a minimum (unless the woman in question evolved into someone who came to turn me off to having special feelings for her anymore and hence disaffected me from her)? And if I did truly become so disaffected from her, then presumably I wouldn't want to spend the rest of my remaining life being intertwined with her but would rather be with another woman or to be unpartnered altogether.
Nicely put.

Why would two people who care about each other and find each other attractive not want do be doing all these things on a regular basis?

It seems as if many people's experience of sex is very limited.

Old 11-26-2016, 04:27 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,405,909 times
Quote:
Nicely put.

Why would two people who care about each other and find each other attractive not want do be doing all these things on a regular basis?

It seems as if many people's experience of sex is very limited.
In my family (at least on my Dad's side), this seems to be very common. My parents, and even my cousin has talked to me about her parents about this.

That's not to say they don't get along by any means, but they seem to be more roommates than anything else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships