Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 08:13 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,587,923 times

Advertisements

I don't know your wife. Is she a grown up who can handle a groovy lil adventure by herself or not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2016, 08:16 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,197,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cantabridgienne View Post
is "raging feminist" supposed to be an insult?
lmao!!:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Old 11-22-2016, 08:18 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,197,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by klmrocks View Post
You too ... get over it. This is not about you guys ... it is about something more important ... A CONCERT!!!!

Maybe THOSE TWO can go to a concert together!!!

Old 11-22-2016, 10:05 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,698,052 times
Default .......

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
Mariah Carey
Oh... I can't stand her ....I would pass lol. She is right up there with Ariana Grande on the list of female singers I can't stand.

Lol..it is not exactly going to be a rough crowd lol.

Old 11-22-2016, 10:08 PM

6,750 posts, read 5,698,052 times
Default No......

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
Maybe THOSE TWO can go to a concert together!!!
If I was at this concert I would have my head phones on.... I hate when she hits those high notes....blah.

But I hope she enjoys the show !

Old 11-23-2016, 05:39 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,546,425 times
Quote:
Oh... I can't stand her ....I would pass lol. She is right up there with Ariana Grande on the list of female singers I can't stand.

Lol..it is not exactly going to be a rough crowd lol.
Quote:
If I was at this concert I would have my head phones on.... I hate when she hits those high notes....blah.

But I hope she enjoys the show !
she has a ditzy persona but she probably has the most talented vocal control and range (non-falsetto highest highs and low lows) ? shes won grammys so somebody likes her.

i dont think she's a writer so her lyrics seem less authentic but her record label has a great library of ballads and uptempo songs.

thats like saying i hate leo decaprio so i cant see the departed (even though it won the oscar).

Old 11-23-2016, 05:49 AM

11,771 posts, read 11,986,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPECFRCE View Post
Good morning all,

I have a question- one in which the guys on base have discussed to great lengths.

Would you send your wife to a concert alone? One hour in a half drive each away? Factors- she doesn't enjoy driving at night; concert time 2000 (8pm). Driving in New York can become overwhelming and she's not well versed on the area.

In totality 4.5 hour drive to New York to include parking round-trip, after sunset. Insane traffic of NY and uncertainly pertaining to location of venue.

Any thoughts...i.e. Strong ideal, bad or good..
As this seems to be a gift for her, I would include transportation as part of the package. It seems incomplete otherwise.

It's a lot of stress to put on her, driving in the dark in an unfamiliar area, all alone, combined with the anxiousness and excitement of meeting her musical idol.

Old 11-23-2016, 06:16 AM

37,494 posts, read 45,798,776 times
It wouldn't be an issue for me, as a woman. If I wanted to go, I'd go. No biggie.

Old 11-23-2016, 07:25 AM

6,639 posts, read 4,546,425 times
what kind of car is it ? is she an elderly driver or does she have any affliction that mite impair driving (aside from being a woman) ?

maybe instead of a concert, putting the money towards a luxury vehicle she would enjoy ?

do people still view n.y.c. as some sort of gang-infested mafia warfare territory where if you look at somebody wrong they'll toss a molotov in your car ?

while in college, i went to a concert at an outdoor venue once and a married lady was next to me talking about how her husband didnt want to go with her. we were dancing (bumping-and-grinding) in the mosh pit area; seemed inappropriate for a married person.

Old 11-23-2016, 07:30 AM

11,771 posts, read 11,986,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley-88888888 View Post
do people still view n.y.c. as some sort of gang-infested mafia warfare territory where if you look at somebody wrong they'll toss a molotov in your car ?
Women always have their personal safety in the back of their mind wherever they go. It isn't unreasonable at all for a woman to be wary of traveling alone, in the dark, in an unfamiliar area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships