Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 11:07 AM

4,525 posts, read 3,403,693 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
I don't agree on adding her or texting her as soon as possible. Some girls see this as desperation and that you got nothing going on, if you start hitting them up and blowing up their phone immediately.

If she loses interest after you not contacting her for a few days, there's a pretty good chance that she never was all that interested.
I agree with 2k, I wouldn't wait a few days to add her or text her. That's completely ludicrous, and the type of game playing I don't enjoy.

Now, I agree with not hitting them up and blowing up their phone 24/7. I don't disagree there one bit.

Old 11-26-2016, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just A Guy View Post
This is not what people with integrity do.
QFT

I couldn't believe my eyes when I read that post.

If I talk to a woman and find out she has a boyfriend, she's off limits by far in my eyes.

No wonder so much cheating happens in relationships, no respect or boundaries for other people's relationships.

Old 11-26-2016, 11:23 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,744,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Just because someone has a boyfriend doesn't mean they can't or shouldn't talk to any other guys! Remember, they aren't married or even engaged...which means they are still EVALUATING and LOOKING.
If I was hanging out with a girl who has a boyfriend and I got caught, I'd get shot. Also, not every woman in a relationship isn't actively looking.

Old 11-26-2016, 11:27 AM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevdawgg View Post
If I was hanging out with a girl who has a boyfriend and I got caught, I'd get shot.
By whom?

Old 11-26-2016, 11:31 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,744,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
By whom?
What I meant is I'd get shot by her boyfriend. Where I live, lots of people are into hunting or outdoor target practice. They even talk about how much they like it.

Old 11-26-2016, 01:00 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,713,925 times
Quote:
What I meant is I'd get shot by her boyfriend. Where I live, lots of people are into hunting or outdoor target practice. They even talk about how much they like it.
I think you are grossly exaggerating and generalizing again. It's almost like you don't know very many people well.

Old 11-26-2016, 02:55 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,435,775 times
Quote:
I'm almost in my mid-twenties and my choices are nearly dried up. The ladies in my age bracket (21-30) are either taken, or have multiple kids from different deadbeat dads. There are tons of ladies in the 18-21 bracket that goes to my college, but they're still with the same guys they've been with since High School. A main problem is that my area (200k) is mostly a sea of homes with grocery stores, chain and fast food restaurants (venues that isn't meant for socializing). I have toyed with the idea of living in a large California metro, but the taxes are outrageous and the cost of living is insane (Plus I have to deal with special snowflake liberals). I guess I have to suck it up and stay where I'm at. At least a 300k-400k house where I live would cost over 800k and I could easily get that with blackjack.
Really. Multiple women with multiple children from multiple deadbeat dads.

Please give us a number. Exactly how many women have you met, in person, who have multiple children from multiple men.

Old 11-26-2016, 03:18 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,114,589 times
Talking to women is a game. You can either learn from the people who have found success or keep fumbling along trying to figure out why women aren't into you.

Lines absolutely work and every woman will tell you they don't. These same women will tell you to call them immediately, to add them immediately, to etc etc.

Having a opening "line" is all about coming across as confident. You need to know exactly what you want to say and how you're going to say it. Just bumping into a woman and babbling about the weather isn't going to cut it. Also don't compliment them either until you seal the deal. As soon as a woman thinks you're too easy you're going to the friend zone unless you're a stud.

Old 11-26-2016, 03:21 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,927,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
I agree with 2k, I wouldn't wait a few days to add her or text her. That's completely ludicrous, and the type of game playing I don't enjoy.

Now, I agree with not hitting them up and blowing up their phone 24/7. I don't disagree there one bit.
Fair enough, but I'd wait until the next day. Unless she specifically asks for you to call that day.

Old 11-26-2016, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
Talking to women is a game. You can either learn from the people who have found success or keep fumbling along trying to figure out why women aren't into you.

Lines absolutely work and every woman will tell you they don't. These same women will tell you to call them immediately, to add them immediately, to etc etc.

Having a opening "line" is all about coming across as confident. You need to know exactly what you want to say and how you're going to say it. Just bumping into a woman and babbling about the weather isn't going to cut it. Also don't compliment them either until you seal the deal. As soon as a woman thinks you're too easy you're going to the friend zone unless you're a stud.
I will say that I do think pickup lines can work DEPENDING on the type of pickup line, and how you come across and say it. I've always said that I don't think pickup lines are bad, as long as you can talk to the woman afterwards and form a conversation.

However, pickup lines aren't for everyone, and in that case, I recommend just starting a conversation. Maybe make a comment on something you've observed.

I also think compliments are okay, but to never overdo them. 1-2 compliments aren't bad at all.

And as for your sentence in bold, that's not a woman I'd want to pursue anyway. That's called gameplaying when they say one thing, but not truly wanting you to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships