Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 05:09 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,943,603 times

Advertisements

Sounds like she was a real redneck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2016, 08:01 AM

20,756 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
Some of you may know about my threads posted about a girl i was dating I broke it off a few days ago. I won't lie i feel sad real sad actually about our good times together and looking at all the pictures we took together but i deleted everything. I told her the reason why that we are just two different people with different interests and lifestyles. I also said you need a country boy and i'm not that and we also moved too fast. She agreed. She turned out to be real country redneckish which wasn't obvious until i moved in with her. That was the least of the issues though. She had two kids 4 and 6 and some things had me weirded out about how she would take care of them. The kids would hardly ever brush their teeth and rarely took baths. I'd say two baths a week and i really never saw them brush their teeth before bed except once. Also in the morning she just rolls out of bed at the last second doesn't even comb the kids hair. The one time the boy had serious bed head and man his hair was a huge mess. I said should we comb his hair? and she did. If i didn't say anything she would have just went out with him like that. Same with me mentioning they should take a bath a few times. The kids are at daycare all day with roughly 15 other kids and running around outside they need to take baths every day in my opinion and def brush their teeth every night. But i'm not a parent and i'm sure i'll have more hate on me for saying this

Anyway it's over now to some of my haters are you happy now?
It is for the better. Once the pain goes away, you'll see more clearly.

Hugs to you and I respect that you were man enough to say something to her about the bad parenting.

Old 12-02-2016, 06:55 PM

11,583 posts, read 6,729,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Well, sorry for the break up, the bigger concern of mine are these kids, she's really not on the ball it wouldn't seem.

Sorry for the kids at the end of the day. Just this little bit you posted I hope is the worst of how she raises and cares for them. Too early to scream abuse, but flags, they are a flyin'

No joke, I feel bad for you but seriously what the hell? She doesn't keep care of her kids! Kids need a bath everyday! I sometimes let them go every other day, but not often! And brushing teeth.....after breakfast and at bedtime, EVERYDAY NO EXCEPTIONS! I wonder if she even takes them for dental and doctor check ups?? Truly sad!

OP, it's ok to date someone with kids. You obviously don't have an issue with that, but you don't even have kids and know that as a mother you have to teach your kids hygiene! It's a mothers job to take care of her kids. If she's not, then that's no women for you! There are many single women out there with and without children. If you find another with children make sure she's a good mom or don't give her the time of day!

Hang in there, the one for you is out there somewhere!

Old 12-02-2016, 07:57 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,586,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
No joke, I feel bad for you but seriously what the hell? She doesn't keep care of her kids! Kids need a bath everyday! I sometimes let them go every other day, but not often! And brushing teeth.....after breakfast and at bedtime, EVERYDAY NO EXCEPTIONS! I wonder if she even takes them for dental and doctor check ups?? Truly sad!

OP, it's ok to date someone with kids. You obviously don't have an issue with that, but you don't even have kids and know that as a mother you have to teach your kids hygiene! It's a mothers job to take care of her kids. If she's not, then that's no women for you! There are many single women out there with and without children. If you find another with children make sure she's a good mom or don't give her the time of day!

Hang in there, the one for you is out there somewhere!
I do know that it's common sense. Just remember every woman who had kids wasn't a mother at first either but most of them learn to become one even you.

Old 12-02-2016, 09:01 PM

11,583 posts, read 6,729,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
I do know that it's common sense. Just remember every woman who had kids wasn't a mother at first either but most of them learn to become one even you.

What I meant is that YOU even knew that they needed baths and you're not even their dad. They are 4 & 6, she should have known by now that her kids need baths and to brush their teeth. I am also a mom of two kids and I seriously had NO clue what I was doing when I had my first child. I had never even changed a diaper, but you learn pretty quick. You read books when pregnant, take classes or ask others such as my mom, aunts, friends, etc. Bottom line, she just wasn't taking care of her kids. You're better off without her. I'm not saying rule out single moms, just bad one's.

You'll find someone great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships