Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 12:58 PM

2,994 posts, read 5,591,209 times

Advertisements

I had to meet up with the girl i broke up with days ago on her lunch break today. I had to sign a name change paper for the cable equipment i put in my name and she gave me money for the electric bill i put in my name.

Anyway even though the breakup was pretty much mutual just knowing you will never see that person ever again still makes me sad because of all the good times we had together. Also driving to meet her today i drove by many places in town that we shared dinners at and spent time. I was at a red light and stopped right in front of boston market and looked over and thought about that spot we sat together and ate lunch. I could see the table right by the front window we sat at. I would meet her for lunch a few times a week when we first started dating. We also had lunch at the local parks and took the kids to one local park.

Now everytime i pass these places or go to these places i will think of her and our times together. Even though it didn't work out between us it still hurts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2016, 01:04 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,877,553 times
Your breakup must have been more amicable than mine. When I broke up with my latest long-term girlfriend, I was happy to get her out of my life. And driving past places where we ate dinners and what-have-you only made me shudder. At least until I fully got over the emotional abuse she put me through.

I suppose the worst thing about breaking up, is that your ex-girlfriend's dog, who started seeing you as a friend, will never understand why you stopped coming over.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:05 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,723,158 times
It's up to you whether you move on or not.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:12 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,622,789 times
I don't really see why you never have to see her again. I wouldn't until you were over the breakup in the first place, but there could be a chance in the future to be acquaintances or even friends if that is what you want. Just because you break up with someone doesn't mean you can't have that.

For me, what I missed most were the little rituals...good morning texts, inside jokes, things like that. I would know that no one else had that with me and I was never going to have that exact thing with any future SO. Those are things that don't come back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
I suppose the worst thing about breaking up, is that your ex-girlfriend's dog, who started seeing you as a friend, will never understand why you stopped coming over.
This too! Similarly, I liked my ex's family. We stayed with his aunt, uncle and cousins for a few days once and I thought they were great. It hurt me to know I wasn't going to see or talk to those people again (we didn't have a good breakup and haven't spoken in 4 years so I wasn't going to see his family).

Old 12-02-2016, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
It's up to you whether you move on or not.
I moved on already but what will stop me from thinking about our times together when i see or go to places we were?

Old 12-02-2016, 01:14 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,584,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
Your breakup must have been more amicable than mine. When I broke up with my latest long-term girlfriend, I was happy to get her out of my life. And driving past places where we ate dinners and what-have-you only made me shudder. At least until I fully got over the emotional abuse she put me through.

It's worse when your ex surrenders your (collective) dog to a shelter.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:16 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,234,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
I moved on already but what will stop me from thinking about our times together when i see or go to places we were?
Probably nothing. It hurts when the wounds are still fresh, but it time you may be able to feel more wistful than sad.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
I don't really see why you never have to see her again. I wouldn't until you were over the breakup in the first place, but there could be a chance in the future to be acquaintances or even friends if that is what you want. Just because you break up with someone doesn't mean you can't have that.

For me, what I missed most were the little rituals...good morning texts, inside jokes, things like that. I would know that no one else had that with me and I was never going to have that exact thing with any future SO. Those are things that don't come back.

This too! Similarly, I liked my ex's family. We stayed with his aunt, uncle and cousins for a few days once and I thought they were great. It hurt me to know I wasn't going to see or talk to those people again (we didn't have a good breakup and haven't spoken in 4 years so I wasn't going to see his family).
Mainly because she has children 4 and 6. They already got somewhat attached to me but just seeing them here and there wouldn't be good for them i would think. It's already bad that i'm just gone one day after they saw me everyday living with them. I don't want to confuse the childrens minds.

Honestly i guess it's more me once something doesn't work out i try to just move on completely because it makes me feel bad that it didn't work. I can't just be friends with someone after i had sex with them either.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:19 PM

10,214 posts, read 17,881,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie1278 View Post
If you're still thinking that much about your time together, then you have not moved on as much as you think you have. It takes time, but eventually you won't associate everything you see with her anymore.

Old 12-02-2016, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA2UK View Post
If you're still thinking that much about your time together, then you have not moved on as much as you think you have. It takes time, but eventually you won't associate everything you see with her anymore.
Well it's only been 2-3 days since we broke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships