Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2008, 08:31 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th generation View Post
I can only speak for northern men when I say, in the winter, we have to wear more clothes.
Northern men should learn to build a bigger fire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 09:40 PM

4,682 posts, read 12,060,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
I can only answer judging from my own experiences, but those southern (and midwest) guys always seem to address a lady as 'little lady' or 'ma-am'. They always seem to answer you as 'yes ma-am' or 'no ma-am' or they tip their hats to you and greet with smles. Im fascinated by the down-home hospitality, politeness and mannerisms of southern men, or for that matter, folks in general, though there are still some anywhere else that still hold doors open or have any class or consideration at all. Just not as commonly though. Again, I cant speak for everyone, but only from my own experiences.
lol, especially after moving to Indiana, can't count the number of times that ladies/women will get their dander up, upon hearing me say "yes ma'am" to 'em,,, claim it makes them feel old! Try to explain that such is said to all ladies, that its just a sign of respect towards them, not an age thing. Oh well...

There is indeed a difference between Southern and Northern Men [and women]. However, for example of myself, I've been told that I've the "mind" of a Northerner, and the "soul/heart" of a Southerner... guess that I like to see things improved, what w/ the engineering background too impacts that part of me, and don't have much patience at times ; but then on the other hand, I love the simple beauty of things, am proud to of my Southern heritage, and love to be able to chase a waterfall, just spend time in the woods, be it doing nothing or fishing or hunting. Both of these parts of me were quite evident esp. when lived in NE Alabama...

Old 06-24-2008, 07:23 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by undertheironsea View Post
I could actually say no to all of those things.

1. You get in a ditch, your ass is staying in that ditch unless you were sober and it was no fault of your own.

2. Eh, it's an apartment or hopefully a subdivision. The no trespassing is pretty much implied.

3. I can spot the best deal at Kroger like a madman. I've fished once and hunting is just inhumane.

4. This is true for a lot of guys, although it kinda pisses on the whole 50/50 marriage thing. I'm not very keen on being bossed around and just sitting around like a rock. That's just not healthy. I want a partner, not a manager.

5. Meh.

Holy crap.....I'm actually a Yankee......I need a shower.
A Yankee or very gay! A shower wont cure either!

Old 06-24-2008, 10:10 AM

1,100 posts, read 3,012,479 times
I definetly think there is a huge difference between southern and northern guys AND gals. (especially the ones from NY/NJ/PA!) Since I grew up in NY (Rockland County to be exact) I personally prefer northern guys (hubby's from Rockland as well). We were about 25 miles north of NYC.

There is a certain "air" "way of life" "culture" or whatever you want to call it that differenciates people from that area of the country to even people from Western, NY, (Buffalo, Catskills, Niagra Falls, etc). Some people define it as LOUD, rude, crude, agressive...?? But hey, I LIKES me my agressive, self assured, lude, crude, NY boys!!!

Old 06-25-2008, 03:56 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,381,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrot juice View Post
Southern men still open the car door for a woman.
Women are capable of opening doors themselves. I hate when men try to be chivalrous. It makes me think you think you are better than me. get it tthrough your heads fellas, women are the superior sex.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:11 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Women are capable of opening doors themselves. I hate when men try to be chivalrous. It makes me think you think you are better than me. get it tthrough your heads fellas, women are the superior sex.
Oh, well, that's how chivalry dies... Here's a female proof that the guys have a point. SHE CAN DO IT!!! IF that's a she, of course. I highly doubt any "she" would name herself "Jdawg," but I've been wrong before.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:12 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
Superior at what? Spelling and grammar?

On the lighter side, I bet you're just the bees knees on a date.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:16 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,253,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Superior what?

I bet you're just the bees knees on a date.
Or the "cats pajamas"...a little southern lingo, ya'll!

Old 06-26-2008, 06:25 AM

3 posts, read 25,033 times
Default Does religion matter in the way that northern and southern men treat a lady ?

I used to date a guy from georgia and he was nice at first. then he turned into an ******* .. i think that southern men like to rope u in. until u fall head over heals in love . then they leave you for someone else or for the Army.. but northern men stand by u no matter what... i married an northern man.. he treats me with the up most respect..maybe that has to do with him being christian.. but who knows. Does religion matter in the way that northern and southern men treat a lady ?

Old 07-03-2008, 09:27 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angel-baby2010 View Post
I used to date a guy from georgia and he was nice at first. then he turned into an ******* .. i think that southern men like to rope u in. until u fall head over heals in love . then they leave you for someone else or for the Army.. but northern men stand by u no matter what... i married an northern man.. he treats me with the up most respect..maybe that has to do with him being christian.. but who knows. Does religion matter in the way that northern and southern men treat a lady ?
May I refer you to Vince Gills "Gimme Just One More Last Chance" for the answer to your question. "SHES GOT THE GOOD BOOK IN HER LEFT HAND AND A ROLLING PIN THE RIGHT!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships