Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2008, 12:28 PM

1,100 posts, read 3,011,368 times

Advertisements

Well, I assure you, we can make ya flip in bed~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Yankee women cant make biscuits and gravy worth a flip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-27-2008, 12:38 PM

I think you have it all wrong:

Northern woman: "Honey, get me something to drink please"
Northern man: "grunt"
Northern woman: "HONEY!?" Are you DEAF?! I said get me something to drink NOW!!"
Northern man: "yes dear"

(below is a true story...)

Northern woman to southern man- "wow, that was great sex!"
Southern man: Yeah, I agree, but it's never gonna work between us.
Norther woman: "Why not??!"
Southern man- "cause I can't take ya home to meet my mama"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Northern man-" Honey get me a beer"
Northern woman-'' Who was your bi**h last week? Get your own beer.''

Southern man-''Honey get me a beer''
Southern woman-'' you want me to open that for ya baby? What channel is the Tennessee-Alabama game on? I'll flip it to the game while I'm up.''

Old 06-27-2008, 01:03 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,470,342 times
Southern women like sex?

Old 06-27-2008, 01:32 PM

52,202 posts, read 52,636,749 times
I don't know if any of this stuff is true being in So Cal and have never visted the North or the South. That being said I've heard a lot of guys say that Southern women are very nice and attractive and very approachable, especially in comparison to the ladies in So Cal. It seems like a lot of the beauty pagent winner in past years were from the south, whatever that's worth.LOL

Old 06-27-2008, 02:08 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,470,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
It seems like a lot of the beauty pagent winner in past years were from the south, whatever that's worth.LOL
Probably better personalities to start with...

Old 06-27-2008, 02:34 PM

LOL! I don't know about the women. But some of the men sure do..too bad they can't handle us NY chicks outside of the bedroom, or kitchen, bathroom, car....hmmmmmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
Southern women like sex?

Old 06-27-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
LOL! I don't know about the women. But some of the men sure do..too bad they can't handle us NY chicks outside of the bedroom, or kitchen, bathroom, car....hmmmmmmm...
No offense, but I hope that the way Hollywood portrays New York women with the gum chewing and the thick accent is just a stereotype

Or I'm I mixing up my stereotypes???

Old 06-27-2008, 05:44 PM

Is it a stereotype how Hollywood portrays southern women as delicate prudish flowers or just completely stupid? Seriously, no offense, but Hollywood can make both Northern & Southern women look like complete idiots. I am sure there is some truth to both stereotypes. But the reality is us women need to stick together no matter where we live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
No offense, but I hope that the way Hollywood portrays New York women with the gum chewing and the thick accent is just a stereotype

Or I'm I mixing up my stereotypes???

Old 06-27-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2justynsarah View Post
Is it a stereotype how Hollywood portrays southern women as delicate prudish flowers or just completely stupid? Seriously, no offense, but Hollywood can make both Northern & Southern women look like complete idiots. I am sure there is some truth to both stereotypes. But the reality is us women need to stick together no matter where we live.
Yeah you're probably right, the stereotype can be spun either way. There probably is some truth to both types. Women sticking together is good, I kinda just wish there wasn't such a "war" between the sexes to where you felt that "women" should stick together.

Old 06-27-2008, 09:42 PM

564 posts, read 2,340,989 times
Ah, I was born in the Deep South and grew up in the South one half of my life and the North (haha I'm saying this like it's 1861) the other. I've got to tell you, out of all the girls that have turned into girlfriends so far in my life, only one was born in the South. Don't ask me how, it just happens that way. I can tell you that there are sweet girls from the North and sweet girls from the South. I've actually had more northern girls approach me than southern--and actually, they've been easier to talk to. I really don't like the stereotypical elements of southern culture--the four wheeling, hunting, fishing, life revolving around church (I'm a Christian and don't mind going, but I don't need it four times a week), hate football (I love football, but it's the one where they actually use their feet), hate country music, i'm definitely not a republican... so these things get in the way eventually with the southern girls I've met so far. I know of course that's not true with all, but keep in mind that this is a town with about 25,000 in it.

I remember a couple years ago taking a girl from here out in my vehicle that I just washed, waxed and vaccumed....this girl asks "Hey, ever take this out muddin'?" (it was an SUV, of course, haha, that would've been even more stupid if I was driving a car) When I said no, she told me "Gah, you're just so 'perfect' all the time! You should have sum fun!" Later, she makes a comment about my cologne and shirt being "designer" (which was Armani Exchange and Armani Code, wasn't like I was wearing Prada or something) and tells me I can get the same stuff at Wal-Mart or K-Mart, and that me paying over 20 bucks for my jeans was a waste of money. Oh, and that I was "gay" for putting any kind of styling product in my hair. Yeah, that date ended at the end of the car ride. "Family emergency."

I never heard this kind of stuff from girls when I lived north of the old McCain-Obama/Mason-Dixon line. I actually felt good about dressing well and putting some effort into my appearance because women acted like they appreciated it. I think it's all what you're used to. Girls here are used to ballcaps, jeans, and old t-shirts, men who leave them alone in bed at 4 am to go shoot defenseless animals (with a bunch of other dudes--and I'm gay for hair wax?) and that's what a lot of them find sexy. There's nothing wrong with that--it's like going to another country, and what another country thinks is beautiful is completely different than our definition. It's sort of that way here too, just in a less dramatic fashion. Keep in mind that I'm talking about the small town South here--our larger towns and cities (100K and above) are similiar to those of our northern cousins.

So in short, there are good girls and bad girls in every state and in every corner of the country. From personal experience, I prefer girls from the north to date simply because of how much we have in common. Besides, my accent is actually an exotic and "cute" thing to them, haha...

Last edited by undertheironsea; 06-27-2008 at 09:51 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.