Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2011, 10:40 PM

351 posts, read 537,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by round4 View Post
Southern girls are God's gift to the entire male population.
And here I thought Asian women were fulfilling that role.

Old 11-16-2011, 03:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,984 times
I went to a high school with kids from all over, from Washington, Cali, Maine, New york, Louisiana, Florida, Illinois, Africa, Mexico. Literally all over. I am a southern woman, Mississippian I have to say it doesnt really matter where you go there are going to be people who are the biggest aholes and b*tches you ever you've ever met, and then there are the once who you swear are the sweetest people youve ever met in your life. Im southern. I'm classy, make-up is not a "have to have" for me. Everytime i walk out the house, its not immediately after spending an hour on my hair. (pony-tail holder are amazing) 3 pieces of jewelry is to many for me. I am independent. Not a "DO GIRL" for my man. as in every single little thing he asked, i do- that is a defn. negative. BUT Ive met southern women who are the complete opposite of me, constant fake tan, always have to have hair fixed and make up on, lots of jewelry and clothes that show too much of what they may or may not have. I have met Northern women who think make-up and perfect hair, jewelry and skanky clothes are a must have, and i have met ones who are a little more like me. It just depends on the person, not where they are from. but i do think that there is anything sexier than a southern draw)

Old 11-16-2011, 03:45 PM

8,262 posts, read 18,478,817 times
2 things I know--Yankee women talk funny and they damn sure cant fry no chicken!!!!!

Old 11-16-2011, 04:15 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,552,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
2 things I know--Yankee women talk funny and they damn sure cant fry no chicken!!!!!
Why should I fry chicken? That's what I have a husband for.

Well, that's ONE reason anyway...

Old 11-16-2011, 04:43 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,063,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
I love ya Dan...but fried chicken is GROSS.

I've never fried chicken and I've only had it twice in my life (in the south). Never again.

There are some southern foods I love, but fried chicken is not one of them.

Old 11-16-2011, 05:03 PM

3,184 posts, read 4,844,398 times
Default Is there a difference between southern women and northern women?

Their location?

Old 11-16-2011, 09:53 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,739,144 times
I think we southern women spend more time on our appearance and are 1,000,000x more polite. We have more "charm" and that makes us way prettier than northern. A lot of guys are enchanted by our accents. I love makeup and always look presentable when I step out of the door. And yes we go to church on Sundays and we dress up for that too. I cook yummy southern/soul food (whatever you want to call it, I just call it good eatin') and I say yes/no m'am and sir. I can fish and shoot a gun. I frequent the beauty salon. I wave and smile at people. I have meat on my bones. I say "honey, sugar, sweetie, etc" I guess this seems "fake nice" to some, but that is just how i was raised.

Northern girls talk and walk fast and are not usually up for friendly conversation. They are harder to talk to, I guess. Also they are a bit "rougher" because they live in or near huge, competitive cities. I know a lot of great friendly girls from the north and there are differences. They are lovely people though, they just talk A LOT faster. I would not say they are rude on purpose, just raised in a different culture and can come across as very rude in the south.

For the record I am an Alabama girl (durty south)who is dating a NYer. Northern men are easy to charm. He says he would never date a northern girl ever again. He came down here for college, he originally thought that "down south country" girls could'nt dress or even remotely compare with girls in the north. He could not have been anymore wrong. In fact, I have seen northern women out in public who looked just like they rolled out of bed. Of course I cannot speak for everyone but this is what I have noticed.

Old 11-16-2011, 10:35 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,919,980 times
How about Eastern women and Western women?

Old 11-17-2011, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
How about Eastern women and Western women?
Eastern Tennessee and Western North Carolina?? Fine ladies!!!

Old 11-17-2011, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
I think we southern women spend more time on our appearance and are 1,000,000x more polite. We have more "charm" and that makes us way prettier than northern. A lot of guys are enchanted by our accents. I love makeup and always look presentable when I step out of the door. And yes we go to church on Sundays and we dress up for that too. I cook yummy southern/soul food (whatever you want to call it, I just call it good eatin') and I say yes/no m'am and sir. I can fish and shoot a gun. I frequent the beauty salon. I wave and smile at people. I have meat on my bones. I say "honey, sugar, sweetie, etc" I guess this seems "fake nice" to some, but that is just how i was raised.

Northern girls talk and walk fast and are not usually up for friendly conversation. They are harder to talk to, I guess. Also they are a bit "rougher" because they live in or near huge, competitive cities. I know a lot of great friendly girls from the north and there are differences. They are lovely people though, they just talk A LOT faster. I would not say they are rude on purpose, just raised in a different culture and can come across as very rude in the south.

For the record I am an Alabama girl (durty south)who is dating a NYer. Northern men are easy to charm. He says he would never date a northern girl ever again. He came down here for college, he originally thought that "down south country" girls could'nt dress or even remotely compare with girls in the north. He could not have been anymore wrong. In fact, I have seen northern women out in public who looked just like they rolled out of bed. Of course I cannot speak for everyone but this is what I have noticed.
OOOH! An Alabama farm girl!! Heck yea!! Roll Tide!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships