Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 08:41 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,159 times

Advertisements

My first real long term girlfriend of 5+ years, broke up with me in early December. It was back in 2008. My birthday is also on Christmas, so it kind of sucked. She was considerate and said she felt bad for breaking up with me, since it was my birthday soon. She originally broke up with me on November 30th and we patched things up and last were together physically on December 7th of that year, which was her birthday. It was completely over after that.

I really don't like this month, most bad memories of mine have been in December.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 11:15 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,405,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
My first real long term girlfriend of 5+ years, broke up with me in early December. It was back in 2008. My birthday is also on Christmas, so it kind of sucked. She was considerate and said she felt bad for breaking up with me, since it was my birthday soon. She originally broke up with me on November 30th and we patched things up and last were together physically on December 7th of that year, which was her birthday. It was completely over after that.

I really don't like this month, most bad memories of mine have been in December.
5+ years? Damn...

You have a fiancee now, but that must have sucked when it happened.

Old 12-05-2016, 11:49 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
5+ years? Damn...

You have a fiancee now, but that must have sucked when it happened.
It didn't suck nearly as bad until it hit me about 6 or 8 months later. In less than 48 hours, it will be exactly 8 years since I last hooked up with/kissed her. It seems like it was more like 4 or 5 years ago.

The weirdest thing happened to me that gives me shakes to this day and still spooks me out. I received a call on the evening of December 7th of 2013, 5 years after the breakup. My dad had died and had been dead for days when he was found. He was not in contact with anybody in his family anymore, except for my cousin occasionally and the people he worked with. I knew as soon as my uncle told me he had been dead for days that he most likely died on November the 30th. It was just a feeling I had. Then I found out they determined that he died on November 30th, exactly 7 days before. I'm not sure how accurate those are, but I'm pretty confident that he died on the 30th of November. He died of a heart attack and no one was in touch with him. It took a week of not showing up to work for someone at his work to send someone to check on him.

I wasn't in contact with him for almost 4 years before he died, so that didn't hurt me at all. But it was creepy as hell. I'm still a little uneasy between November 30th and December 7th of every year now. I have a lot of paranoia and anxiety for this week, always think something else weird will happen.

Old 12-06-2016, 01:30 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
If *cuddle season* isn't all the time you are with the wrong person.
Break up now which makes it easier for both of you to move on to someone who is more compatable.
Cuddle season is between thanksgiving and valentines day. One thing I noticed is that up here in northern parts of the USA. Plenty of people put big emphasis on relationships during this time period of winter. I tell guys that if you don't find a woman before thanksgiving day, expect to play with your hands for a few months until the 1st day of spring arrives. Unless if you are really good looking, or have a lot of money, its going to be real hard to find a woman when its cold outside because hardly anyone comes out or is in a nasty mood due to the cold weather.

The reason why I want to break up is that my girlfriend lied about her age. I had to take it or leave it. I did the former and said hell it with, she's just a person and I have a good heart. But deep down inside, I'm like no. I cant be with this woman if she has difficulty of reproducing! Again I'm thinking realistically because I'm in my early 30s. It has nothing to do about looks, money, education, hobbies or interest, its all about the future and looking ahead. Another thing is that she is afraid to meet my relatives which I find kind of upsetting, but its her loss. Female relatives will point out her age in an heartbeat. To make matters worse, I met a few women during our relationship, some dates, some nights I got lucky. I even went across the border to the north where a woman liked me for who I was. I would love to pull the rug out under her now, but since its the holidays. I'm going to have to hold it off somewhere in between New Years or Valentines day, or after. Plus I live in NYC. Its extremely difficult to find someone. Women here are extremely picky. ON one end of the spectrum, swag and good looks matter. While on the other end, status, career, what college institution attended and hip neighborhood you lives in matters. Being in between both spectrums only does a disserve to a fella like myself. Again not all women are like that what I have mentioned, but most are and I respect that.

Old 12-06-2016, 07:57 PM

12,968 posts, read 9,651,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
How common is it about breaking up during. The holidays? I have been on the fence about breaking up with my gf. But because of the holidays I decided not to do so and possibly wait until cuddle season is over. Any tips and pointers on here?

Just go ahead and do it. If your heart is no longer in it, then don't use the holidays as an excuse. Don't put yourself through the fake emotions with family and friends during the holidays. Spare everybody and just get it over with already.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:37 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Quote:
How common is it about breaking up during. The holidays? I have been on the fence about breaking up with my gf. But because of the holidays I decided not to do so and possibly wait until cuddle season is over. Any tips and pointers on here?
Just do it but she might end up hating you for doing it during this time.

Old 12-06-2016, 09:07 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,480,798 times
It might not be true, but I remember reading that a lot of people break up in January to avoid breaking up during the holidays.

Not sure the depth of her lie to you, but lying is not a great start. It's a bad sign. And she doesn't want to meet your family? I think you should sit down and think what's best for you and put yourself first in this. If you are contemplating marriage, it's not her age and ability to reproduce that should concern you. It's her deceat and evasion that should bother you.

And if you decide on breaking up, the sooner the better so you (and she) can move on.

Old 12-06-2016, 11:18 PM

345 posts, read 276,340 times
Quote:
Cuddle season is between thanksgiving and valentines day. One thing I noticed is that up here in northern parts of the USA. Plenty of people put big emphasis on relationships during this time period of winter. I tell guys that if you don't find a woman before thanksgiving day, expect to play with your hands for a few months until the 1st day of spring arrives. Unless if you are really good looking, or have a lot of money, its going to be real hard to find a woman when its cold outside because hardly anyone comes out or is in a nasty mood due to the cold weather.

The reason why I want to break up is that my girlfriend lied about her age. I had to take it or leave it. I did the former and said hell it with, she's just a person and I have a good heart. But deep down inside, I'm like no. I cant be with this woman if she has difficulty of reproducing! Again I'm thinking realistically because I'm in my early 30s. It has nothing to do about looks, money, education, hobbies or interest, its all about the future and looking ahead. Another thing is that she is afraid to meet my relatives which I find kind of upsetting, but its her loss. Female relatives will point out her age in an heartbeat. To make matters worse, I met a few women during our relationship, some dates, some nights I got lucky. I even went across the border to the north where a woman liked me for who I was. I would love to pull the rug out under her now, but since its the holidays. I'm going to have to hold it off somewhere in between New Years or Valentines day, or after. Plus I live in NYC. Its extremely difficult to find someone. Women here are extremely picky. ON one end of the spectrum, swag and good looks matter. While on the other end, status, career, what college institution attended and hip neighborhood you lives in matters. Being in between both spectrums only does a disserve to a fella like myself. Again not all women are like that what I have mentioned, but most are and I respect that.
Jesus, please break up with her. You'll be doing both of you a favor.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:50 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,721,722 times
Post holiday season breakups where I live are enormous. It's a combination of dark winters, stress in already bad relationships and too much alcohol and unrepentant lust at office parties (which are held annually here in almost all offices, public and private sector). After that, the annual dating cycle restarts.

Old 12-07-2016, 03:36 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:

Why do you need to have biological kids so badly?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships