Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2016, 08:12 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,131,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
No. The fact is when you're circling the drain you won't regret the things you've done but will regret the things you didn't do.
What? Did you steal that from a Schlitz commercial or something? As in go for the gusto? And, by the way, how many near-death experiences have you had to inform your post?

Personally, when it's my time to go, I'd like to think that the world was better off for my being here rather than knowing that I contributed to its heartbreak. Meanwhile, the universe is filled with nitwits who thought getting laid was going to make them happier, only to rue the day they bumped uglies with the forbidden fruit.

Here's the deal. If an orgasm is the sine qua non of your life, and you'll do just about anything to have one, it means you haven't really lived much of a life to begin with. It is a spiritually and emotionally empty proposition where one lives in the moment, the long-term consequences be damned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2016, 08:32 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,398,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by underPSI View Post
No. The fact is when you're circling the drain you won't regret the things you've done but will regret the things you didn't do.
You mean before suicide or something? How nice to leave such a mess in the wake.

Old 12-22-2016, 08:45 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,068,765 times
Life is short. Things change. Lots of tentacles attached to this situation, but I wouldn't worry about "breaking up the family" or anything like that. Sounds like it is already broken.

Tread cautiously, but why not explore the situation and see where it goes? Marriages break down, and there is no repairing them once people have emotionally moved on. If there is some magic between you and this woman, appreciate the fact to have a renaissance in your life and enjoy the travels.

Not every one of these situations is breaking up a marriage or destroying a family.

(PS. I was married, and so was she. Not a day goes past that we don't appreciate how lucky we were to have confidence in ourselves--both singularly and collectively--and do what was best for us. Abusive spouses in both of our cases made staying together a remote option. Opportunity knocked and we opened the door. Thankfully).

Old 12-22-2016, 01:14 PM

17,208 posts, read 57,035,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Usually this means you'll be the next sucker and watching her cheat on you next.
This is very true. Them that will cheat *with* you, will also cheat *on* you.

Old 12-22-2016, 03:20 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,714,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
What? Did you steal that from a Schlitz commercial or something? As in go for the gusto? And, by the way, how many near-death experiences have you had to inform your post?

Personally, when it's my time to go, I'd like to think that the world was better off for my being here rather than knowing that I contributed to its heartbreak. Meanwhile, the universe is filled with nitwits who thought getting laid was going to make them happier, only to rue the day they bumped uglies with the forbidden fruit.

Here's the deal. If an orgasm is the sine qua non of your life, and you'll do just about anything to have one, it means you haven't really lived much of a life to begin with. It is a spiritually and emotionally empty proposition where one lives in the moment, the long-term consequences be damned.
I really don't understand why some people won't just exercise restraint, integrity, accountability, and humility.

Old 12-22-2016, 03:20 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,005,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
Why do so many people want someone engaged or in a relationship with someone else?

This reeks of desperation. Sounds like me at about 14 or 15 years old and younger.
You completely misread the scenario. He is not chasing her neither does he seems desperate. She reached out to him because of a broken relationship and she wanting to change her oil. He knows that a relationship with a married mother is a nonstarter, however, servicing her with NSA isn't a bad option if he is smart and careful.

Not everyone here is a prude or angel, some of us do stray and that's just a fact of life.

Old 12-22-2016, 03:34 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,199,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Little update here.

I didn't go down there last weekend, but we talked on the phone for about an hour and half Saturday. Good conversation and I think there's some chemistry, but nothing world beating.

The real juice came this week - one night she posted a business concept she was working on over Facebook. It was a cute name for a lingerie brand, and I didn't see anything similar at all when I googled the name. A couple of her friends commented that it was cute, she had great lingerie concepts, and that she hoped to be shipping some small orders by Valentine's Day. Hubby completely erupts saying the lingerie looks awful, that she's being slutty, and they go back and forth for nearly fifty wall posts.
Why are you stalking their FB exchanges. Like others have already said, what are you trying to prove by voluntarily becoming involved with this woman?

Previous to her moving away, you stated she was simply a co-worker. So, proximity was not a catalyst for attraction before she randomly reached out after she had moved away from your area and your job.

So, what exactly has become the attraction?? Is it because she is not available? A sort of conquest?

Ask yourself what possibly can be gained from something that is going to be life devastating to her, her family and you in the long run.
For some people the lure is the unattainability, the game of the forbidden attraction....It is not the same after the conquest is finalized.....it will actually be surprising to you that if you do get into a full on relationship, albeit long distance.....for both of you it will be anti-climatic.....

Why not do the right thing.....unfriend and disconnect from this person....It takes two.

Don't be passive, actively disengage from this situation while you can still look yourself in the mirror.

Old 12-22-2016, 03:36 PM

52,193 posts, read 52,623,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post

In the folly of our youth we don't always make the best choices and like you said we'd like to think that the world was a better place because of us, the royal us, or at least not a check in the negative column. One time when I was 21 or 22 I was out at a nightclub and had a few in me and I was talking to a couple of ladies and one of them was married and I was really pushing it with her, trying to get her phone number and all the usual crap.

That was the one time that I was aggressive with a married lady, I've never done it since and even though I didn't actually do anything other than make an ass out of myself I still cringe with embarrassment at my behavior. I learned a lesson about myself after that. To entertain the nonsense that the OP is here is mind numbing to me and is callous and crude and it is frankly embarrassing for him. He should be embarrassed and yet he's not. There are posters here actively supporting him and I gotta wonder where these people get their sense of ethics and what is right and wrong.

It's part of the same crowd that thinks you can be in a relationship like GF and BF and still screw around on the side because "hey, I'm not married." If someone has an expectation of exclusivity to me it doesn't matter whether or not you've got a marriage license, it should be honored.

Old 12-22-2016, 05:23 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,077,767 times
Again, it goes back to the instant gratification thing. We don't worry if we're not part of the asset column, and couldn't care less if we're in the liability column. Live for today.....

This is why the most brilliant minds are working in advertising. That Taco Bell/Burger King commercial comes on the TV at 1:00am. One doesn't even have to get out of the car to pack on a day and a half's worth of calories in the wee hours of the morn....

We don't care about any repercussions.

We're hungry NOW.

Old 12-22-2016, 06:23 PM

10 posts, read 7,904 times
I'd copy & paste this and message her on Facebook:

"I've enjoyed our conversations, but the truth is you're a married woman with 2 children who is coming off one affair and is now looking for another. No good can come from this for either of us. Therefore our communications must stop now".

It may be stern but that's what is needed. She needs to get her personal life together, and another man isn't going to do it for her. I'd give this advice even if you were head over heels in love with her (which, by your own account, you're not). So it really should be a no brainer. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships