Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2016, 06:01 AM

3,118 posts, read 5,356,588 times

Advertisements

I've dated a lot of girls and never found the one. The ones that lasted beyond a few months ended and caused heartbreak for me or the girl and usually both of us. I just broke up with a great girl who I didn't have strong feelings for and fell horrible. She was so great that I actually wanted to have feelings for her and I had to break her heart. I feel like it was a waste and dating has been a waste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2016, 06:06 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jman07 View Post
I've dated a lot of girls and never found the one. The ones that lasted beyond a few months ended and caused heartbreak for me or the girl and usually both of us. I just broke up with a great girl who I didn't have strong feelings for and fell horrible. She was so great that I actually wanted to have feelings for her and I had to break her heart. I feel like it was a waste and dating has been a waste.
For me, I would say it's not worth it. I feel like my dating experiences have been a waste also and have added no significant value to my life.

Old 12-08-2016, 06:09 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Is it worth it if you never find the one? Hell no! Dating is a lot of work, it having no payoff if you don't find someone is BS.

Old 12-08-2016, 06:29 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Dating is fun. So, yes. It's just going out with people and doing fun things. There isn't a downside to dating that I can think of. Sure, it costs some money, but I'm going to be going to see bands, do road trips, etc even if I'm not dating, so its mostly a push. Even though I've not had any really LT monogamous relationships come from my dating over the past year or so, I've met lots of awesome people, made some good friends, and had lots of fun, both adult fun and just fun fun.

Old 12-08-2016, 06:37 AM

34,090 posts, read 82,975,811 times
Quote:
Is dating worth it if you never find the one?
You're putting the cart before the horse.
You don't find "the one"... you create them for each other... together.
And that takes a while to achieve.

Quote:
I just broke up with a great girl who I didn't have strong feelings for...
Good. That's what. you're supposed to do.

The deeper question though is why you're "together" enough to warrant a later break up...
if you don't have strong feelings for her (of some sort) to begin with.

Quote:
I've dated a lot of girls and never found the one.
Stop looking for that. Really.

Old 12-08-2016, 09:57 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Dating's only a waste until you find the right one or unless you're not enjoying it.

Old 12-08-2016, 10:03 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Just keep it casual (and let them know about it!).

Old 12-08-2016, 10:11 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Just keep it casual (and let them know about it!).
I did this exact thing with someone recently. You have to be upfront and honest about your feelings, because it can be the difference between having at least a friend or creating a potential enemy.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:31 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Dating is fun. So, yes. It's just going out with people and doing fun things. There isn't a downside to dating that I can think of. Sure, it costs some money, but I'm going to be going to see bands, do road trips, etc even if I'm not dating, so its mostly a push. Even though I've not had any really LT monogamous relationships come from my dating over the past year or so, I've met lots of awesome people, made some good friends, and had lots of fun, both adult fun and just fun fun.
Same here, I love the company of men, and enjoy going out. How is that hard work? I'm not desperation-dating.

Old 12-08-2016, 11:38 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Same here, I love the company of men, and enjoy going out. How is that hard work? I'm not desperation-dating.
Not everybody is like that. I found OLD and meeting all these people very exhausting and annoying. Reading a book sounds way more fun.

Going out and meeting with friends is not the same as meeting maybe future partners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships