Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2016, 01:43 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
More appealing than they were prior to her comment.

People want to date what they find most appealing. For 18 year old girls that tends to be older men. For 55 year old men that tends to be younger women.

She's trying to make it into a maturity issue, but maturity is irrelevant. it is a purely rational decision, driven by self interest, for both the older man and younger women.
No...I'm not...YOU said in your teen years the girls wanted the older boys...I explained why and yes, at that time, it IS a maturity issue. You mentioned teens; I answered regarding teens. See how that works? Pretty simple, really.

And I don't believe the hype that men overall want younger women. Some do, sure, but not as an overwhelming thing or a given or anything like that...numbers don't lie, and I think a lot of that is by choice; I know so many men who say they want a woman right around their age, for a number of reasons.

At least as far as marriage stats go (dating "stats" are harder to support as there's no legal paper and the status of that relationship can change instantaneously at any moment), most people choose someone within 5 years of their own age. What can I say? All that "I 'pull' 19-year-olds!!!" you read on the internet from frustrated anonymous dudes may actually not be 100% true (I know, gasp ).

But as for an attraction of an "older" woman? You brought that up, too...I don't know that this thread was saying these 50-year-old women in question want a younger man. (???) A few said they did...meh...again, there are people who do have age preferences, all different versions of age preferences. I don't recall anyone saying any man should want an older women. Don't want an "older" woman? Don't approach one. LOL. Again, pretty simple stuff here and again...it was you who mentioned this, and who now are (confusingly) objecting that you don't want an older woman. So? That's fine...what's the problem here?

So there you go...I'm not sure why you brought up this whole question in the first place, especially if only to then refute it. Confusing.

Old 12-15-2016, 02:08 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,730,722 times
Quote:
She's trying to make it into a maturity issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
No...I'm not...

it IS a maturity issue.
Good job contradicting yourself in the very first paragraph.

Old 12-15-2016, 02:26 PM

2,362 posts, read 1,923,527 times
Im 47
if your willing to cook and do my yard work, im in
Im married though, but im sure my wife will like you...she HATES yard work

If I was single Id date 50 something women...Ive always liked older women

Old 12-15-2016, 02:37 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,353,220 times
FWIW (and it's probably not much) --

I am 63, happily married, and I have been a part-time wine consultant/shelf stocker for the past nine months. In that time, I have been approached several times by men in the 55-70 age group. By "approached", I mostly mean obvious flirting, although one man actually asked me for my phone number! I am only slightly above average in face for my age, although I still have a size 6/8 figure, but more importantly, I come across as being friendly and "nice".

I think if you want to meet a man, you need to increase the number of men you meet. As I probably "meet" an average of five men in the 55-70 category per shift, I have a much better chance of meeting a potential date, if I were interested, than someone who mostly sat home all day or worked in an office cubicle.

Old 12-15-2016, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Good job contradicting yourself in the very first paragraph.
Not sure what the trouble is here, exactly. You sound a bit...agitated? And you're not even understanding what you yourself typed, much less the responses directly to that. I can only try to help you comprehend, so here goes.

What you said was a maturity issue. You spoke about teenagers specifically.

I am not trying to make this thread into a maturity issue. Hint: THAT WAS YOU.

By the way, you left out the first part of that "it IS a maturity issue," which was, "at that time..." meaning, the teen years. Which you obviously knew when you, well, specifically cut that part out.

Here you are, sweetie:

Quote:
No...I'm not...YOU said in your teen years the girls wanted the older boys...I explained why and yes, at that time, it IS a maturity issue.
Let me know if you need any more help with this.

Old 12-15-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky2balive View Post
Im 47
if your willing to cook and do my yard work, im in
Im married though, but im sure my wife will like you...she HATES yard work

If I was single Id date 50 something women...Ive always liked older women
LOL! I always tell my husband we need another wife. I am so tired of dishes it isn't even funny.

Old 12-15-2016, 05:50 PM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Here you are, sweetie:

Let me know if you need any more help with this.

It was a weird argument for him to start. It was obvious what he said.. and it's not even really that important to try and pass the ball.

You know who really, really wants to date younger women? The guys who can't get them.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-15-2016, 06:06 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,201,919 times
I wish I lived in the land of CD. Because everything is always roses and puppies here. Yes it is harder for a 50 yr old woman because MEN want YOUNGER women. Not ALL men, no. But ENOUGH do that you feel it.

I just experienced that myself. I'm 50, most people think I'm like 38, and the 43 guy I started liking (before I even how old he was) wants younger. Though he wont say it to my face, i've picked up on it. Funny people think that *I* at 50, look younger than *HIS* actually age of 43. I honest to God had a THIRTY year old try to flirt and get my number. Now, I don't expect a 30 yr old to want to date me, and he was shocked when he found out my age.

But yes, it pisses me off when a guy my age or close to my age wants someone 15 yrs younger. People act like this isn't happening a lot. It is.

Old 12-15-2016, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerFall View Post
I wish I lived in the land of CD. Because everything is always roses and puppies here. Yes it is harder for a 50 yr old woman because MEN want YOUNGER women. Not ALL men, no. But ENOUGH do that you feel it.

I just experienced that myself. I'm 50, most people think I'm like 38, and the 43 guy I started liking (before I even how old he was) wants younger. Though he wont say it to my face, i've picked up on it. Funny people think that *I* at 50, look younger than *HIS* actually age of 43. I honest to God had a THIRTY year old try to flirt and get my number. Now, I don't expect a 30 yr old to want to date me, and he was shocked when he found out my age.

But yes, it pisses me off when a guy my age or close to my age wants someone 15 yrs younger. People act like this isn't happening a lot. It is.
I don't debate that certain guys may *try* for someone younger, even though this example ^ seems more like your own insecurities since the guy hasn't even said anything, you just say you have "picked up" on it. But look around you. Look at MOST couples you know. Do most couples you know have a really significant age difference like people are claiming guys "want"? Like 15 years or more? Forget even most. How about half? Hell, 25%?

Count them up right now - family, friends, coworkers. Don't leave anybody out. And certainly include men who remarried after 40. Just everybody.

At least 25%, which itself would certainly be a minority, have the man 15 years or more older than the woman? Let's go even crazier here. 20%?

I'm guessing no. In fact, I'd bet my left ovary on it.

That's *fact,* that's what's *really happening* in the world of relationships - not wishful thinking, and not insecurities doing the talking for us. If anyone is living in some invented land it's not those of us who believe what we see rather than what we fear.

Old 12-15-2016, 07:12 PM

34,045 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mila123 View Post
I divorced when I was about 45, and have been alone now for about 8 yrs. For the most part, I like being alone, but how nice would it be to have someone to cook for and do my yard lol.

From what I see, men want younger women no matter what their age. For a woman in her 50s I'd need to find a man in his 60s or 70s. Why don't men want women their age? I guess maybe because they CAN get younger women without any problem.

I'm not sociable, I don't drink, I don't go out, there are no single older men that I would be interested in at work, so without having to join a service how does an older woman find a guy? Should I just accept that it's never going to happen for me and learn to be happy alone?

I'd love to hear stories of women over 50 (or even over 40) finding love with a man their age.

Not true. I am in my 50s, as is my gf, and there is nothing about her I would want changed. I would not want anyone else, no matter their age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships