Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 12:22 PM

405 posts, read 325,258 times

Advertisements

I'm talking mainly physical looks I suppose where if a woman prefers tall & muscular guys but would give the short & thin guy a chance is it ever really worth doing it for the guy or would he just be wasting his time? I just think I'd feel like I'm being settled for if she preferred tall & muscular when I'm short & also thin currently. I guess I just want to feel like the woman I'm with finds me just as physically attractive as I do her & not like she has to settle for me when I know she would prefer someone taller & in better physical shape. So is it ever worth it for a guy to get with a woman that isn't in her preferences?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2016, 12:26 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,043,863 times
So would you do the same?

Old 12-11-2016, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
So would you do the same?
What do you mean? I would never date a woman that wasn't in my main physical preferences. There's some minor things that I can overlook but women's physical preferences usually have to do with something as clear as a man's height or their muscle tone which are major physical traits.

Old 12-11-2016, 12:32 PM

914 posts, read 737,927 times
Do I have preferences? Sure, but there are just that: preferences. They aren't requirements. I find all sorts of men attractive and I have dated short and tall men, thin, overweight or muscly, blond and dark haired guys. As long as she is attracted to you, what does it matter?

Old 12-11-2016, 12:34 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
I don't do pity dates if a woman isn't physically attracted to me then don't waste my time.

Old 12-11-2016, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer_Rain View Post
Do I have preferences? Sure, but there are just that: preferences. They aren't requirements. I find all sorts of men attractive and I have dated short and tall men, thin, overweight or muscly, blond and dark haired guys. As long as she is attracted to you, what does it matter?
I'd say it does matter though if there's way more physical attraction on one side than the other. For instance if the woman matches all or most of his main physical attraction preferences but they don't on her side for the guy. There would be more physical attraction on his side than on hers.

Old 12-11-2016, 12:36 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
The majority of women I have dated have not been in my physical preference. Generally they have been on the larger side, haven't really taken care of their bodies as they've aged, etc. I still would take them out on a date to meet them though. The majority of these women have been met online, but not all.

Ultimately none of the dates stuck, which when I look back ultimately is for my benefit.

I now only pursue women that are within my level of attraction that also take care of themselves as I do. The latter is more important than simply having nice looks. Time is too short to waste.

In my experience, if a man does not meet the criteria the woman has set up to a tee, they will find themselves texting after the date without ever hearing response back. aka ghosted.

Old 12-11-2016, 12:38 PM

914 posts, read 737,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey4Life View Post
I'd say it does matter though if there's way more physical attraction on one side than the other. For instance if the woman matches all his physical attraction preferences but they don't on her side for the guy. There would be more physical attraction on his side than on hers.
There is more to attraction that ticking off boxes on some sort of list of physical preferences

Old 12-11-2016, 12:38 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey4Life View Post
I'm talking mainly physical looks I suppose where if a woman prefers tall & muscular guys but would give the short & thin guy a chance is it ever really worth doing it for the guy or would he just be wasting his time? I just think I'd feel like I'm being settled for if she preferred tall & muscular when I'm short & also thin currently. I guess I just want to feel like the woman I'm with finds me just as physically attractive as I do her & not like she has to settle for me when I know she would prefer someone taller & in better physical shape. So is it ever worth it for a guy to get with a woman that isn't in her preferences?
I'm not sure this is realistic. I'm sure a lot of women (and men) aren't in relationships with their ideal physical type but that doesn't mean that they don't find their partners attractive.

Old 12-11-2016, 12:39 PM

641 posts, read 405,610 times
Why would anyone want to date a woman who wasn't attracted to them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships