Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2016, 08:13 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey4Life View Post
Of course I know that. The difference is also they can find someone they find attractive to have sex with for hookups, while most guys have to basically take what they can get. An average looking guy isn't going to get with a really attractive woman for a hookup or very rarely would he. While an average looking woman can hook up with an attractive man a lot easier.
For a quick hookup we don't need awesome-looking, LOL, we need a guy who can focus on US enough that WE get an orgasm too.

If not we can just go home and have our own orgasm, no guy needed. End of story.

What good is it to have some handsome guy grind a way for a few minutes, be done and then mumble something about how they're definitely going to text us some time, yeah, sure?

Fail.

Old 12-14-2016, 08:13 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,601,291 times
Quote:
What you're saying is exactly what guys fear though. How is a guy supposed to feel good that his girlfriend/wife only thinks he's alright/kinda cute looking? That's exactly what the OP is talking about. Men absolutely do not want to be viewed as just alright to the person they're supposed to spend the rest of their life with. I just don't get how any guy could do that unless he's completely clueless. I wouldn't want to be with a woman that I thought was just alright looking. I would want to be with a woman that I think is gorgeous. That doesn't mean a model or anything since that's likely what people would assume on here. She would just have to be gorgeous to me, which doesn't mean she would be to everyone else. At the same time, she would have to consider me really handsome too.
I just don't think it's realistic to expect women to only get involved with men who they find really handsome. There aren't enough really handsome men to go around so of course many women are going to decide that an alright looking guy is good enough. But I understand that you're saying that it's unacceptable to you if a woman doesn't find you really handsome.

Old 12-14-2016, 08:21 PM

405 posts, read 324,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I just don't think it's realistic to expect women to only get involved with men who they find really handsome. There aren't enough really handsome men to go around so of course many women are going to decide that an alright looking guy is good enough. But I understand that you're saying that it's unacceptable to you if a woman doesn't find you really handsome.
Yeah, I think men & women maybe think different on this type of thing. Supposedly women are more forgiving of a guys looks than a man is for a woman. But I just don't get how some people can be with someone they only find alright looking. I just would want for both of us to be really attracted to each other that's all.

Old 12-14-2016, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
For a quick hookup we don't need awesome-looking, LOL, we need a guy who can focus on US enough that WE get an orgasm too.

If not we can just go home and have our own orgasm, no guy needed. End of story.

What good is it to have some handsome guy grind a way for a few minutes, be done and then mumble something about how they're definitely going to text us some time, yeah, sure?

Fail.
You maybe don't NEED awesome looking, but many women would choose the awesome looking guy over an average looking guy just solely for a hook up.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:03 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I wouldn't care if you were a 10. I wouldn't date you. Too neurotic, too vain, too dense. Couldn't.
In other words: Nothing to do with looks, right?!

Old 12-14-2016, 09:17 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
I know what you mean, but I just want the woman I'm with to find me to be attractive not just alright/okay looking. I want her to be thinking "he's so handsome & cute" not "he's just okay, but his other qualities make him attractive". Of course I'll never be a GQ model in terms of looks, only less than 1% of men have model looks so that's not realistic. I know it sounds cheesy or corny but I just would want her to feel the same about me as I would her since I wouldn't be with a woman that's only okay looking to me.
If you area 5-6 and you are only attracted to hot women, then yes, she (hot woman) will never see you as a hot guy. Get over it. Date down, not up, and you won't have this problem. If you can't see yourself with a woman who is 'only okay looking' that works both ways. Hot woman doesn't want to be with someone she considers 'only okay looking'. Now what are ya gonna do?

FWIW, no woman I know, not a 1, not a 10, or anything in between wants to be with a guy who is this neurotic about appearances. Ymmv.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:19 PM

602 posts, read 395,698 times
OP needs a brain transplant to get it.... can we please bury this dead horse now? LOL

Old 12-14-2016, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
If you area 5-6 and you are only attracted to hot women, then yes, she (hot woman) will never see you as a hot guy. Get over it. Date down, not up, and you won't have this problem. If you can't see yourself with a woman who is 'only okay looking' that works both ways. Hot woman doesn't want to be with someone she considers 'only okay looking'. Now what are ya gonna do?

FWIW, no woman I know, not a 1, not a 10, or anything in between wants to be with a guy who is this neurotic about appearances. Ymmv.
I'd consider myself a 7. I've been told by an attractive woman I'm a 7 or an 8. And some other attractive woman awhile back said I'm a good looking guy when she helped me with my online dating pics when I was using it. I'd like to think neither of them were lying. I guess my height would possibly disqualify me from being attractive to a lot of women if they're only interested in tall guys. Looks are subjective as well & I'm not the biggest fan of ratings system myself but since this convo is using ratings a woman that's a 9 to me could be a 6 to someone else & vice versa.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:44 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Quote:
I'd consider myself a 7. I've been told by an attractive woman I'm a 7 or an 8. And some other attractive woman awhile back said I'm a good looking guy when she helped me with my online dating pics when I was using it. I'd like to think neither of them were lying. I guess my height would possibly disqualify me from being attractive to a lot of women if they're only interested in tall guys. Looks are subjective as well & I'm not the biggest fan of ratings system myself but since this convo is using ratings a woman that's a 9 to me could be a 6 to someone else & vice versa.
The women you are debating here cannot tell how tall you are. Being on a date with you may not be pleasant if you are this looks obsessed and argumentative.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
The women you are debating here cannot tell how tall you are. Being on a date with you may not be pleasant if you are this looks obsessed and argumentative.
I'm not argumentative at all on here. I'm just stating what I believe & it's others here getting snippy with me & calling me names. I've not once on here said anything bad about anyone yet others have called me derogatory names. If you met me in person I guarantee you wouldn't think I'm piece of crap. I'm respectful to everyone I talk to & get along with everyone well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships