Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2016, 06:48 PM

37,612 posts, read 45,996,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I've never seen a bigger collection of idiots that I have seen here than in real life. In real life most people are either not this bizarre or they have the decency to keep these completely moronic thoughts that I see on here to themselves. I'm getting tired of being PC, at some point you just got to say it like it is.

I have never in my whole adult life met and hung out with any dudes that think, espouse, or remotely entertain any of these ideas about male/female interactions that I see here. The PUA stuff, the Alpha/Beta male crap, the gold digging paranoia, fill in the blank with whatever else you see here that you never see in real life.

Again, maybe it exists and the guys have just enough sense to know to not voice it or it's just a small EXTREMELY vocal minority of the types you see here, IDK, I'm hoping it's the latter.
One can only hope.

Old 12-16-2016, 06:55 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Quote:
I've never seen a bigger collection of idiots that I have seen here than in real life. In real life most people are either not this bizarre or they have the decency to keep these completely moronic thoughts that I see on here to themselves. I'm getting tired of being PC, at some point you just got to say it like it is.

I have never in my whole adult life met and hung out with any dudes that think, espouse, or remotely entertain any of these ideas about male/female interactions that I see here. The PUA stuff, the Alpha/Beta male crap, the gold digging paranoia, fill in the blank with whatever else you see here that you never see in real life.

Again, maybe it exists and the guys have just enough sense to know to not voice it or it's just a small EXTREMELY vocal minority of the types you see here, IDK, I'm hoping it's the latter.
I haven't either and I hope I don't.

Then I'll really start to worry about possible relationships in the future.

Old 12-16-2016, 07:43 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
Quote:

Probably a little bit of both to be honest. It's easier for them to say the things they do behind a computer because they're anonymous. In real life, they mostly keep those thoughts to themselves.

I know of one acquaintance that thinks like this. For some reason, he feels comfortable talking to me about things like gold digging (making sure your woman has a job, etc.), never marrying because the woman will end up controlling you and cutting off sex since you married her now, following the red pill, etc. He says he keeps these thoughts to himself mostly because it's not popular, even though it's the absolute truth in his mind.

I've kept my distance from him ever since. So, these people do exist in the real world. They just keep these thoughts to themselves, or only talk about it with a select few people.

Old 12-16-2016, 08:02 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:

I'll be honest, I haven't either, unless people are just hiding things really well.

Basically, this extremely one-dimensional "my girl has to be an anime" thing is very very elementary school. I mean we DO think this way...when we are very, very, very young and have our very first crushes. We think the boy must be Ken-handsome AND incredibly kind AND incredibly loyal (to us); the girl must look literally like a supermodel with a boob job while simultaneously being an at-risk dog rescuer who is eagerly learning to cook, clean and be a good wife. We literally do think one-dimensionally as extremely, extremely young people...as actual children.

Then we start "going with" people...probably just holding hands, in middle school...by high school, many of us really start exploring. And with that very FIRST requited crush (not the first crush from afar on, of course, the most popular boy/girl in the school because of his/her looks) we look into the person's (imperfect) eyes and hold his/her (imperfect) hand and laugh at his/her bad jokes and think OH MY GOD, I like this person even though s/he isn't Barbie/Ken...I really like this person...as him/herself. It is a revelation. We know what it is not to crush on an idea of perfection but on a person, an actual, whole, complete person, warts and all.

But some people never, ever get to that point. They don't even get to the maturity of a high school sophomore. They can't be many, but they ALL seem to congregate on the internet, where they can finally be "themselves"...eternally in emotional IQ carbon freeze. Unfortunately, such people are "so special" deep inside (unlike ANYBODY else, of course) that they "deserve" a supermodel and are SHOCKED that their fourth-grade version of the perfect woman either doesn't exist, or if she outwardly appears to in one woman or another, she doesn't pick them...the special snowflakes who "deserve" that perfection. And then..the hatred and paranoia set in and only seem to get deeper over time. She can't be rejecting ME, that incredibly internally special person (#irony), so she must just be incredibly weirdly shallow, or incredibly weirdly picky, or she must WANT a "bad guy"...not me, the GOOD guy, or she must be a gold-digger looking for a rich guy...etc.

It really does have to be rare IRL, because people IRL can and do form and keep great relationships...with...amazingly...imperfect people whom they are wildly, wholly in love with.

Old 12-16-2016, 08:08 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
LOL, haven't had this much agreement with one of my posts in quite a while. Even Mrs. Chow liked it.

I guess when truth is spoken, it resonates.........

Old 12-16-2016, 08:17 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
It's no secret I've had some up thoughts on relationships that I've expressed here and hell, I still do. I'm far too smart to actually express them in real life

Old 12-16-2016, 08:22 PM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
It's no secret I've had some up thoughts on relationships that I've expressed here and hell, I still do. I'm far too smart to actually express them in real life
Yeah... but I've read your posts here for awhile and I'm not talking about you.. you have a sense of reality. I may not always agree with you, but you aren't a pinhead like I was talking about. I'm talking about the guys that are just out there, I don't think you're out there in your basic approach to things, you don't talk all the crap I was talking about.

Old 12-16-2016, 08:43 PM

5,820 posts, read 3,876,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I agree. Even though the Red Pill has a lot of truth to it, I also realize that talking about it in most circles is like discussing Judaism in Saudi Arabia. So I usually limit who I talk to about the Red Pill, in real life and online. At the minimum, I don't mention it by name, which has negative associations for most people.

Old 12-16-2016, 08:48 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
I agree. Even though the Red Pill has a lot of truth to it, I also realize that talking about it in most circles is like discussing Judaism in Saudi Arabia. So I usually limit who I talk to about the Red Pill, in real life and online.
Yeah, but Mill, you don't hide it, necessarily. Like when you told us about how you were so incredibly nasty to that one woman who was trying to let you down lightly by putting you off...yes, that was the case but I think pretty much all of us agreed you could and should have been way less nasty and condemning and presumptive...the woman said you were cold-hearted (I think?) and even the men here agreed...a person who believes in this kind of stuff ("red pill"?), well...it explodes out of him and out of his control periodically. It just does. And it causes problems in relationships.

So while you think you're "not discussing" it IRL, the mindset absolutely shows, and it pushes people very far away, even just going by what you're telling us on here.

Old 12-16-2016, 08:53 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
I agree. Even though the Red Pill has a lot of truth to it, I also realize that talking about it in most circles is like discussing Judaism in Saudi Arabia. So I usually limit who I talk to about the Red Pill, in real life and online. At the minimum, I don't mention it by name, which has negative associations for most people.
Can you expound on the 'lot of truth' about the red pill? Why not educate us, then you won't have to hide behind negative associations? I'm sincerely intrigued as I know nothing about this secret society, aside from the occasional mention here on CDF.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships