Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 09:26 AM

587 posts, read 304,591 times

Advertisements

Oh I thankfully due to Gods grace gave up women about 8 years ago.

Chained to debt and menstrual cycles is no life for any man.

I now have Real money in my pocket !

I travel, mountain bike, jog in forrests and even have taken some college classes.

And have a large group of men friends who like me can joke and play the entire day awsy.

Men Fret not Freedom is but a phone call away.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:33 AM

1,199 posts, read 730,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
All right, I'll bite. To keep it in the PG-13 zone, in a nutshell, the Red Pill talks about how most women's loyalty isn't to their SO's, but to their emotions, and those emotions get triggered by only a small percentage of men. I'll refrain from going into details, because this is a real estate site. Its business derives from people settling down, an action the Red Pill discourages for most men. Conflict of interest, you know.
I've read plenty of TRP, though I do not consider myself part of the community. It catches a TON of bad press because many of the people do in fact have disdain for women, see them as inferior, and pine for 1950's style "traditional" relationships when women "knew their place." Guys like Roosh and other PUA's that have very nasty reputations are quite closely associated with it. It earns a lot of its bad press, admittedly.

TRP is an offshoot of the "Manosphere" which includes other subgroups such as Married Red Pill, MGTOW (Men Going Their Own Way), MRAs (Men's Rights Activists) and probably some other groups I'm not aware of.

The title of group, populated and heavily centralized on Reddit, "r/TheRedPill," is in fact a reference to the movie "The Matrix" wherein Morpheus gives Neo a choice. The red pill will pull him from the matrix and he will see the world as it is, or he can take the blue pill and continue living in a fantasy / dream world.

The general philosophy is that today's society is fem-centric and most mainstream advice given to men about women, dating, and relationships is really just about serving women's interests. "Taking the Red Pill" means you've divorced yourself from this train of thought and begin looking at the world and relationships with a different lens crafted from a different understanding of interpersonal relationships. To your point in regards to women and their emotions, one of the ideas is that women don't love you, they love the way you make them feel. A key distinction.

This "philosophy" is generally distorted and over simplified if ever discussed on the internet and usually blows threads up not set up for it's discussion, probably like this one will be.

Last edited by RedWings18; 12-17-2016 at 09:41 AM..

Old 12-17-2016, 10:11 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,981,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vette0009 View Post

I travel, mountain bike, jog in forrests and even have taken some college classes.

And have a large group of men friends who like me can joke and play the entire day awsy.

OMG, I am so sorry to hear about your menstrual cycle issues, man.

Glad you're having fun. However, urging this "freedom" on men who want a connection won't help. If they wanted that "freedom" they'd already have it. Many people, probably most people, want to ultimately connect on a romantic level. You can't really "recruit" people to want that, LOL. But do enjoy your life, and good for you for having found what works for you.

Old 12-17-2016, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post

Glad you're having fun. However, urging this "freedom" on men who want a connection won't help. If they wanted that "freedom" they'd already have it. Many people, probably most people, want to ultimately connect on a romantic level. You can't really "recruit" people to want that, LOL. But do enjoy your life, and good for you for having found what works for you.
This is a perfect example of MGTOW.

Old 12-17-2016, 10:19 AM

587 posts, read 304,591 times
Quote:

Thats fine,

Carry on in your delusion

Oh yeah no more soap opera's on the tv !

Old 12-17-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:

Not sure I understand this. Having a good woman to share your life with is such a plus.

Old 12-17-2016, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Thats fine,

Carry on in your delusion
It's actually not a delusion...the majority of people you'll meet want to have a romantic partner of some definition or other. I didn't make that up, LOL. It is what it is.

SOME people don't want that and that's fine too. But deciding you can change people to not want that anymore is kind of odd, LOL. It's like saying, "You know what? Ever since I stopped masturbating and eating foods I liked and listening to my favorite music, I was SOOOOOOOO happy. Now I never have to worry about buying foods, downloading music, or locking the bathroom door. Come on over to my side! It's GREAT!"

Not to be cruel, but I have a feeling the reason MGTOWers try to recruit more men to do what they're doing (or...what they're not doing Heh heh...sorry) is because they figure there will be this HUGE movement and therefore a dearth of men, and due to that women will be so starved for males that FINALLY we will all put out willy-nilly to just like, every single guy, including those with zero social graces who hate, fear and don't understand women but desire, from their batcaves in the basement, oodles of gorgeous, tight young women. #NotGonnaHappen

Last edited by JerZ; 12-17-2016 at 10:36 AM..

Old 12-17-2016, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
??? I am definitely NOT part of the MGTOW movement, trust me. However, if people truly don't want to have romantic relationships then they shouldn't have them. IME that's a small percentage of the population anyway. What I was pointing out is that you can't "recruit" guys in this way, IMO...telling them how great it will be when they no longer have any sex. So I was pretty much saying the opposite of MGTOW at least as far as trying to get guys to decide it's going to be so great, which is what it sounds like that poster is trying to do.

In the old days there was no MGTOW. There was "confirmed bachelorhood" and no matter who rolled whose eyes, it was ultimately accepted and continued and at the same time, no matter how much "fun" the guy was having, many, many, many OTHER guys wanted a relationship...and by no surprise, really, it's the same today.

Nobody needs a fancy anagram to just not be married/hooked up...although with "confirmed bachelorhood" you're at least allowed to still have sex, LOL, if you can find some.

Old 12-17-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
??? I am definitely NOT part of the MGTOW movement, trust me. However, if people truly don't want to have romantic relationships then they shouldn't have them. IME that's a small percentage of the population anyway. What I was pointing out is that you can't "recruit" guys in this way, IMO...telling them how great it will be when they no longer have any sex. So I was pretty much saying the opposite of MGTOW at least as far as trying to get guys to decide it's going to be so great, which is what it sounds like that poster is trying to do.

In the old days there was no MGTOW. There was "confirmed bachelorhood" and no matter who rolled whose eyes, it was ultimately accepted and continued and at the same time, no matter how much "fun" the guy was having, many, many, many OTHER guys wanted a relationship...and by no surprise, really, it's the same today.

Nobody needs a fancy anagram to just not be married/hooked up...although with "confirmed bachelorhood" you're at least allowed to still have sex, LOL, if you can find some.
I was referring to the guy you were replying to. I could care less about MGTOW. I don't understand it.

Old 12-17-2016, 10:39 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,869,398 times
Quote:
MGTOW overlaps with Red Pill, but is actually its rival in the manosphere, even though both are under the PUA umbrella. (Comparable to the schism in the Christian Church into Catholic and Orthodox.) The Red Pill focuses on women's true nature and how to leverage it in your favor, while keeping women in your life on your terms. MGTOW focuses exactly on what the acronym stands for: living your life without the romantic presence of women, because their true nature makes relationships with them impossible. So in the end, RP'ers say that MGTOW'ers are running from their problems instead of tackling them head-on, while MGTOW'ers say that RP'ers are wasting their time trying to relate to people whose loyalty isn't them.

Perhaps the biggest difference is this: RP denounces paid sex, while MGTOW recognizes the need for it. Laws nonewithstanding.
There's also MRA, but its agenda is largely political, rather than social and/or sexual; it's an ally of MGTOW and rival of RP.
PUA from early 2000's is the opposite: its agenda is entirely sexual, and it's an ally of RP and a rival of both MGTOW and MRA.
(Now, by "ally", I don't mean "best friend"; kind of like USSR/Russia and USA in World War II.)

Quote:
Not sure I understand this. Having a good woman to share your life with is such a plus.
Neither movement denies that. But under mindsets of Blue Mill and MTTL (Men Toeing The Line, pronounced [mittle]), this is likely to hurt your very badly in the long run far more often than not. Hence, the movements.

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; 12-17-2016 at 11:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships