Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 10:42 AM

1,199 posts, read 730,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillennialUrbanist View Post
The Red Pill focuses on women's true nature and how to leverage it in your favor, while keeping women in your life on your terms].
I'll agree with as much.

Old 12-17-2016, 10:49 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,300,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vette0009 View Post
Oh I thankfully due to Gods grace gave up women about 8 years ago.

Chained to debt and menstrual cycles is no life for any man.

I now have Real money in my pocket !

I travel, mountain bike, jog in forrests and even have taken some college classes.

And have a large group of men friends who like me can joke and play the entire day awsy.

Men Fret not Freedom is but a phone call away.
Why did you give up? Not saying you're wrong because dating can be hard and a pain in the a**. I don't have the best track record with women but the success I have had is enough for me to try again one day.

Old 12-17-2016, 11:18 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,606,006 times
Quote:

I travel, mountain bike, jog in forrests and even have taken some college classes.

And have a large group of men friends who like me can joke and play the entire day awsy.

And here you are in the relationship forum. Chuckle out loud.

"I gave up women" = I'm horrible at dating so I stopped trying.

Old 12-17-2016, 11:34 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,860,321 times
So incredibly sick of this crap, I thought this was against TOS to keep dragging out the MGTOW / RED PILL propaganda? Why is this constantly being discussed on a CD Relationships forum? These guys do not want to talk about relationships, they want to make negative comments about life with women. Why do we continue to allow this crap? Please begin your own sub-forum for red pill MGTOW discussions so this much time and energy isn't wasted on deciphering where your innocuous posts are actually turning back to the same old negative drivel about how wimmnz ruined your life. Its sick.

Fans of Elliot Rodger (the guy who killed those women in a drive-by because he couldn't get laid), can relate to this talk of Red Pill, MGTOW and all the other groups based on negative themes about women and the rejection they face as men, who try desperately to point fingers elsewhere.

They are the “Red Pill” people, who cluster around a large subreddit forum of the same name and blend pick-up artistry with “men’s rights” advocacy. Its 'constitution' states that “women are irrational and inconsistent” and “machiavellian in nature”. It has 53,538 subscribers.

Another subreddit, “ForeverAlone”, is where “incels” hang out. Incel is short for “involuntary celibates”: people who define themselves solely by their inability to sleep with women. It is a definition Elliot Rodger used for himself. Forever Alone has 33,278 subscribers.

More serious Incels congregate on the innocuously named love-shy.com, where forums feature posts like “It upsets me, seeing all the Hot Babes I can't have sex with”. Love-shy has 3,689 members.

Beneath some of these forums and subreddits was PUAhate.com, which one user described as “one of the few truly ‘Red Pill’ communities”. Founded to satirise and discredit pick-up artists, it became a place where sexually frustrated men could go to vent and share pseudo-scientific theories about women. In the spring of 2013, Elliot Rodger found it.

Old 12-17-2016, 11:38 AM

24,555 posts, read 18,225,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayMoe10 View Post
Men I have encountered with this mindset have typically been "burned" by divorce; when you dig a little further you find out that they weren't exactly the greatest husbands and were just as much at fault for the destruction of their marriages, but by and large take no responsibility for their actions.

They are a particularly entitled group, which is perplexing because they complain constantly about how entitled women are...
Yep. Divide-by-2 divorce math and child support payments have created an awful lot of bitter men where they typically were at least 50% at fault for their marriage imploding.

I've been nailed by divide-by-2 divorce math. I never reproduced so I never got hit with the child support part. I don't blame anyone but myself for my relationship failures and I prefer to be more optimistic about it. I think I've learned from my mistakes and I'm going to endeavor to not repeat them the next time around. The 20-something and 30-something GeoffD was pretty awful at relationships. The 50-something version of GeoffD has a bit more of a clue.

Old 12-17-2016, 11:57 AM

5,820 posts, read 3,869,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
They are the “Red Pill” people, who cluster around a large subreddit forum of the same name and blend pick-up artistry with “men’s rights” advocacy. Its 'constitution' states that[b] “women are irrational and inconsistent” and “machiavellian in nature”. It has 53,538 subscribers.
There is no blending, at least not today. RP and MRA are rival movements, due to contradicting goals. (like the Dems and the Reps)

Last edited by MillennialUrbanist; 12-17-2016 at 12:06 PM..

Old 12-17-2016, 12:02 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Quote:

So you joined a relationships forum because you're so happy to not be involved with women?

Yeah, that makes sense.

The funny thing is, a lot of guys are able to travel, bike, jog in nature (with a gf; you should try it sometime. It has some great "fringe benefits" wink wink You're missing out!), take classes, and "have real money in their pocket" AND enjoy female companionship. Maybe you should use your class time to get an MA; that's where the more lucrative jobs tend to be. Sorry to hear you couldn't afford a normal life.

Old 12-17-2016, 12:04 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
MGTOW overlaps with Red Pill, but is actually its rival in the manosphere, even though both are under the PUA umbrella. (Comparable to the schism in the Christian Church into Catholic and Orthodox.) The Red Pill focuses on women's true nature and how to leverage it in your favor, while keeping women in your life on your terms. MGTOW focuses exactly on what the acronym stands for: living your life without the romantic presence of women, because their true nature makes relationships with them impossible. So in the end, RP'ers say that MGTOW'ers are running from their problems instead of tackling them head-on, while MGTOW'ers say that RP'ers are wasting their time trying to relate to people whose loyalty isn't them.

Perhaps the biggest difference is this: RP denounces paid sex, while MGTOW recognizes the need for it. Laws nonewithstanding.
There's also MRA, but its agenda is largely political, rather than social and/or sexual; it's an ally of MGTOW and rival of RP.
PUA from early 2000's is the opposite: its agenda is entirely sexual, and it's an ally of RP and a rival of both MGTOW and MRA.
(Now, by "ally", I don't mean "best friend"; kind of like USSR/Russia and USA in World War II.)

Neither movement denies that. But under mindsets of Blue Mill and MTTL (Men Toeing The Line, pronounced [mittle]), this is likely to hurt your very badly in the long run far more often than not. Hence, the movements.
OMG, all these rules.

Is there a flowchart?

An angry one?

Old 12-17-2016, 12:05 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,930,903 times
Quote:
MGTOW overlaps with Red Pill, but is actually its rival in the manosphere, even though both are under the PUA umbrella.

Rival in the monosphere? OMG, that's good stuff. The winner is the biggest loser.

I'm off to do sledding and cocktails, with a member of the fairer sex, no way am I ever giving up their company. More men should opt out!

Old 12-17-2016, 12:49 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,860,321 times
Quote:
There is no blending, at least not today. RP and MRA are rival movements, due to contradicting goals. (like the Dems and the Reps)
Do you think that's what the point was? I was expounding on the senseless drivel from TWDLW -twatwaffles who don't like women,- because of blending of idiot sub groups?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships