Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 03:12 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeonthelittlemountain View Post
If I was dating a man for over a month...and sleeping with him....yeah, I think you have an obligation to disclose the fact you're sleeping with others.

But what do I know? I've been married for a long time. I suspect times have changed. If it were me, I wouldn't sleep with a guy unless I knew I'd be his only lover. I'd be too attached after we had sex....I guess it's an old-fashioned woman thing. I'd have this talk up front before we had sex. If he wanted sex with others, no big deal...we could still be friends and go out.
I don't think I'd be sleeping with a man for a month solid without knowing first that we were exclusive (which can only happen by us being upfront about that and making the agreement), so for me, this works the opposite way.

Now, he might be sleeping with...whomever, and I wouldn't know, if we hadn't had the exclusivity talk yet, but that's him. Until that point, it's not up to me to decide he shouldn't sleep with someone else, OR for me to assume exclusivity because we have slept together.

But for me personally...if I'm getting in there, I'm knowing first that he's not getting anywhere else.

Pretty simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2016, 04:11 PM

602 posts, read 395,928 times
As long as you're okay with her dating you and sleeping with other dudes on the side....

Old 12-14-2016, 04:31 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfRescuingPrincess View Post
As long as you're okay with her dating you and sleeping with other dudes on the side....

Well of course.

But no exclusivity, and its fine. Be safe. Get tested. Be honest when asked.

Old 12-14-2016, 04:32 PM

5,896 posts, read 6,100,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I don't think I'd be sleeping with a man for a month solid without knowing first that we were exclusive (which can only happen by us being upfront about that and making the agreement), so for me, this works the opposite way.

Now, he might be sleeping with...whomever, and I wouldn't know, if we hadn't had the exclusivity talk yet, but that's him. Until that point, it's not up to me to decide he shouldn't sleep with someone else, OR for me to assume exclusivity because we have slept together.

But for me personally...if I'm getting in there, I'm knowing first that he's not getting anywhere else.

Pretty simple.
I agree. I guess some people are ok with having sex with someone they're in a non-serious relationship with. Even so, I would think after a month, you'd have invested enough into the relationship that it's time to talk about exclusivity to avoid ruining it.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Well of course.

But no exclusivity, and its fine. Be safe. Get tested. Be honest when asked.
yes, normal guys expect that it would go both ways - that's why I posed that statement on this forum...

Old 12-14-2016, 09:24 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Unless WE have agreed on exclusivity, I'm a free agent, that includes my uglies.
This for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfRescuingPrincess View Post
Fine with me. We're both fair game if not exclusive, I wouldn't expect it to be okay for one party and not okay for the other.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:26 PM

126 posts, read 156,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by memph View Post
I agree. I guess some people are ok with having sex with someone they're in a non-serious relationship with. Even so, I would think after a month, you'd have invested enough into the relationship that it's time to talk about exclusivity to avoid ruining it.
The thing is, in that month period we've seen each other like 4 times. The last two times we spent weekends together, cuddling and doing couple-y things. He's going to be gone for a month (work) and I don't know if it's the right time to approach the subject.

We're both guys, btw.

Old 12-14-2016, 09:28 PM

4 times in one month is a good amount IMO. And you can't go a month without getting your needs met? LOL

Old 12-14-2016, 09:28 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Are you saying you want to be able to sleep with other guys while this guy is working out of town but don't know how to bring it up???

Old 12-14-2016, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Are you saying you want to be able to sleep with other guys while this guy is working out of town but don't know how to bring it up???
that's what it's sounding like to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships