Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 02:21 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,810,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
You haven't told us if you're into him, except to say he's a good dancer. Do you even care if he's into you, except that he kind of showered you with attention that first night when you ran into him? Some guy 10+ (probably more like 15+) years older calling you "baby girl"? Not really worth the energy to figure it out, IMO. If your friend is right about him, he'll eventually make a move, at which point you can decide if you're interested. Until then, I wouldn't give it another thought.
I can't really say I'm super into him or anything. I have seen him around before and thought there was something sexy about him (could just be because of his dancing lol), but he's not someone who really stood out to me or anything. But if he were to ask me to grab a drink or something with him I wouldn't turn him down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2016, 03:09 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
I can't really say I'm super into him or anything. I have seen him around before and thought there was something sexy about him (could just be because of his dancing lol), but he's not someone who really stood out to me or anything. But if he were to ask me to grab a drink or something with him I wouldn't turn him down.
Well, it's always flattering to be the object of attention of what I assume is at least a halfway-attractive guy, but usually, if someone's much older or much younger, I'm not interested. And the "baby girl" thing would be a turnoff.

Old 12-17-2016, 03:11 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,658,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebe182 View Post
When I said goodbye to this guy he hugged and kissed me and said "good night baby girl".

?
Who says something like that? Sounds like a player with that corny line. That alone would creep me out.

Old 12-17-2016, 04:12 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,810,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, it's always flattering to be the object of attention of what I assume is at least a halfway-attractive guy, but usually, if someone's much older or much younger, I'm not interested. And the "baby girl" thing would be a turnoff.
The age difference wouldn't be a factor for me since I tend to date older men anyway.

Old 12-17-2016, 04:19 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986pacecar View Post
Who says something like that? Sounds like a player with that corny line. That alone would creep me out.
I agree.

OP, ff he was interested in taking you out he would have asked your number and arranged a date.

You and your friend are spending too much time analyzing. Move on and keep dancing!

Old 12-17-2016, 05:11 PM

70 posts, read 46,521 times
I don't really think every man necessarily asks for personal contact right away. He might be interested and invite you out later.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:08 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGi87 View Post
I don't really think every man necessarily asks for personal contact right away. He might be interested and invite you out later.
"Right away"? He's had several opportunities. But, sure, he "might" invite her out "someday", and he might not. What's your advice?

Old 12-17-2016, 06:11 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
"Right away"? He's had several opportunities. But, sure, he "might" invite her out "someday", and he might not.
It's true; he's been participating in the salsa club probably since she joined in the summer or shortly thereafter, and didn't show any interest until they happened to be at the same alternative venue one night more recently. Then went back to behaving more or less indifferently the next time they were at the salsa club, except for the goodbye hug/platonic kiss.

Old 12-17-2016, 06:14 PM

70 posts, read 46,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
"Right away"? He's had several opportunities. But, sure, he "might" invite her out "someday", and he might not. What's your advice?
There's no advice to give here. Unless the guy makes a move nothing is going to happen anyway.

Old 12-17-2016, 08:29 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Is this the same guy who "randomly kissed you on the neck?"

//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...kissed-me.html

I think you need to be a bit more forward if you are interested in any of these guys. If they don't reciprocate, you can assume they are not interested and move on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships