Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2016, 10:04 AM

52 posts, read 73,115 times

Advertisements

Hun, take a deep breath and really think about your life and how you want to spend the rest of it. Your husband may be going through somethings but that doesn't give him the right to take everything out on you and he is definitively taking you for granted. The part that gets me is that he disrespected you in front of everybody, seems like he no longer cares. Not only that, he didn't check up on his sick wife when you were out on the road. I'm not going to say divorce him because I just went through a divorce and it sucks but you may be already on the way to one if things don't change for the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2016, 10:08 AM

1,585 posts, read 1,923,514 times
These types of actions should not surprise or bother you, just as they shouldn't surprise or brother you in the future. You are well aware of the man you married, and have taken no steps to change it, infact put up with it years. As of right now this is your life and this type of stuff will happen in the future, unless you take steps to move on.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:08 AM

102,132 posts, read 107,402,364 times
Wait, what? Your hubs shouts at you that you're not part of the family, and have no right to talk to your own kids "that way"?! What the heck is that all about? You've had two daughters with him, right? Or not? Sorry, I'm out of the loop. And why would anyone get upset that you don't allow kids who can't swim to get in the pool? Unless they had inner tubes, or some other flotation device?

Has much of the marriage been like this?

Old 12-19-2016, 11:11 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,176,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Wait, what? Your hubs shouts at you that you're not part of the family, and have no right to talk to your own kids "that way"?! What the heck is that all about? You've had two daughters with him, right? Or not? Sorry, I'm out of the loop. And why would anyone get upset that you don't allow kids who can't swim to get in the pool? Unless they had inner tubes, or some other flotation device?

And the pool deal is discussed in this thread. You'll get the full picture here.
//www.city-data.com/forum/grand...pas-wrong.html

Old 12-19-2016, 11:13 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,358,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

I don't have any kids of my own. His kids are m y kids, and have been for 15 years, because his ex-wife has been in prison all their lives.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:13 AM

29 posts, read 24,436 times
damn, i would go with you lol. sorry that happened

Old 12-19-2016, 11:20 AM

^^^ Thank you, Vanilla-C. My question still stands: has much of the marriage been like this? I was thinking that couple counseling might help, but that's not going to turn him from a supreme jerk into a normal person.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:24 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,843,183 times
Why were you throwing up? Were you sick or that upset?
I say quit counting on other people for things that important. Learn to go it alone, you may end up that way, and you'll be ready.

Old 12-19-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Why were you throwing up? Were you sick or that upset?
I say quit counting on other people for things that important. Learn to go it alone, you may end up that way, and you'll be ready.
This is what I was wondering. Was it stress, or did you pick up a 24-hr. flu bug?

Old 12-19-2016, 11:42 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,761,388 times
Have y'all never been so stressed/anxious/worried/upset that you became sick to your stomach???

Meeting the child she gave up for adoption, with all the anticipation, worry and fears about that, is stressful enough, not to mention all the husband stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships