Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 06:57 PM

5,110 posts, read 3,073,434 times

Advertisements

Basically I tried online and sent some women some messages as well as got some of my own. In fact, the ones who messaged me were more interested than the ones I messaged it turns out. So I went on a few dates with a few of them. Four to be honest.

Basically I was taking it easy after being in a long term relationship last year, and I tried dating again, but with not much luck. So I put on my profile that I was not really looking for anything serious, and just taking it slow.

One girl messaged me and asked me what I was looking for, and I said not anything serious. She said she was not also, so we agreed to meet up.

I had a really good first date with her and we had a lot of fun, surprisingly. The second date was good, but for a large portion of it, she kept paying a lot of attention to her phone, other than me, so it wasn't as good as the first date, but still good overall. And she talks to me the most out of all of them, texting wise.

Basically I took a nap a few days ago, and woke up and checked my phone. She was texting me, accusing me of "f#$@ing another girl" as she kept wording it. I said I was just taking a nap. She asked me if I had went out with any other women from the site, or just in general. I said I met up with a few others, so far, but mostly just had one date with the others, accept for one of the other three, which I had two dates with.

Now I told her I was not looking for anything serious and she said neither was she, so, was I unfair or did I cross the line since I went on dates with three other girls?

We were not in a relationship or exclusive or anything and not doing anything serious and I texted her that, but in a nice, way to try to establish things. But she didn't text me back and is now refusing to talk to me. So I was wondering if I was being a jerk or anything... What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 06:58 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironpony View Post
Basically I tried online and sent some women some messages as well as got some of my own. In fact, the ones who messaged me were more interested than the ones I messaged it turns out. So I went on a few dates with a few of them. Four to be honest.

Basically I was taking it easy after being in a long term relationship last year, and I tried dating again, but with not much luck. So I put on my profile that I was not really looking for anything serious, and just taking it slow.

One girl messaged me and asked me what I was looking for, and I said not anything serious. She said she was not also, so we agreed to meet up.

I had a really good first date with her and we had a lot of fun, surprisingly. The second date was good, but for a large portion of it, she kept paying a lot of attention to her phone, other than me, so it wasn't as good as the first date, but still good overall. And she talks to me the most out of all of them, texting wise.

Basically I took a nap a few days ago, and woke up and checked my phone. She was texting me, accusing me of "f#$@ing another girl" as she kept wording it. I said I was just taking a nap. She asked me if I had went out with any other women from the site, or just in general. I said I met up with a few others, so far, but mostly just had one date with the others, accept for one of the other three, which I had two dates with.

Now I told her I was not looking for anything serious and she said neither was she, so, was I unfair or did I cross the line since I went on dates with three other girls?

We were not in a relationship or exclusive or anything and not doing anything serious and I texted her that, but in a nice, way to try to establish things. But she didn't text me back and is now refusing to talk to me. So I was wondering if I was being a jerk or anything... What do you think?
No, it sounds like SHE was being a jerk.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:02 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,603,781 times
You go out on 2 dates with someone and all of a sudden they think they own you? Unload that drama.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:06 PM

102,218 posts, read 107,956,787 times
OP, you'll run into crazy people as you date around. That's what that one was; she started accusing you, almost hysterically, why--because you didn't respond to her texts promptly enough? Block her. Or text her that you're taking a break from dating, while you decide what you really want. Then block her.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:17 PM

Okay. I mean it is true I saw some other girls, but not at the time of my nap, when she thought I was. She asked me for some details, but I didn't feel like telling her everything, so I may have lied a bit to get off the subject, but overall told the truth...

I do like her though and would like to get her come around and be cool with me, if that's possible.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:26 PM

Quote:
I do like her though and would like to get her come around and be cool with me, if that's possible.
I think she has shown that is not possible.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:33 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,637,839 times
Quote:

Welcome to OLD.

I had a girl that I met online I was very frank up front that I was in a "dating" stage meeting multiple people. In other words, I was not committing to anyone anytime soon. I stated these precise words to her on the first date.

Well the poor girl did not get it apparently, and it wasn't long before I was receiving hostile messages from her questioning why I still had my profile up, etc. Yada yada it doesn't matter. We never even so much as kissed on two, yes only TWO dates. I basically told her I did nothing wrong and I after how she acted I didn't want to hear from her again.

It happens. You did nothing wrong. Ghost her and move on lol. You've given her more of a response than some of the girls I've dated.

Ghost, block, and defriends on facebook (if you made that error already lol)

Old 01-09-2017, 08:01 PM

Okay thanks. I haven't friended her on facebook. Well I guess I could not talk to her again, but I feel like I should at leat try to get her to give it another shot, since we had fun.

Old 01-09-2017, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Okay thanks. I haven't friended her on facebook. Well I guess I could not talk to her again, but I feel like I should at leat try to get her to give it another shot, since we had fun.
You can try, sure, as long as you recognize when she is exhibiting behavior that you aren't comfortable with. Listen to your gut when it tells you about red flags.

You aren't dating her exclusively, so she has no right to grill you about who you are seeing.

Good luck!

Old 01-09-2017, 08:10 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,482,160 times
She sounds nuttier than squirrel poop. Or paranoid at the very least blowing up your phone while you were taking a nap. If you do continue to date her, remember, this is her being her best self for you. Honestly, I think there are better women out there for you who can be just as much fun without the drama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships