Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 12:54 PM

5,020 posts, read 7,449,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I think you NEED to have a conversation face to face. DId you tell her "signed up for her and everything that entails"? I really feel that she's having a tough time juggling things and it would do wonders if she knew you understand and support her as a woman, love interest, and a mother.
I have to agree with this.
So what if you break down in front of her?

Unless you allow yourself to be vulnerable .. you can't have a real connection with anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2017, 01:05 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Personally, I find it odd that she is using this a reason to break up when he's been fine with everything and has done nothing to make her think otherwise.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-08-2017, 04:48 PM

807 posts, read 1,353,619 times
I asked her last night when were we going to get together. She said she didn't know right then. I told her to not close the door on me until we talked. She said she wouldn't.

It has to be soon because I can't hold this in for much longer. I actually had to leave work early today because I couldn't think about anything else. Feel like such a fool. I feel like she's already closed the door on me and it hurts.

Old 02-08-2017, 07:49 PM

479 posts, read 431,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebellious1 View Post
I asked her last night when were we going to get together. She said she didn't know right then. I told her to not close the door on me until we talked. She said she wouldn't.

It has to be soon because I can't hold this in for much longer. I actually had to leave work early today because I couldn't think about anything else.Feel like such a fool. I feel like she's already closed the door on me and it hurts.
Does she know this? I definitely think you ought to discuss everything. Does she know how deeply you feel? I think she's afraid she can't give you what you want/need. Or maybe she's unsure about your needs in the relationship and has that all askew. Do you know what you need from her? Truly need... can't live without? Figure it out, and tell her... then decide. And vice-versa for her, too.
Good luck. I'm sorry it's been hard... you seem very nice. I say keep talking about stuff, no matter how awkward or uncomfortable it may be... I mean, before you give up you wanna exhaust all the possibilities, right? Keep communication open, but set your boundaries... once you know them.
Remember, people are not mind-readers. You might remind her of that, as well. People actually have to say what they want or need from the people in their lives... We don't always 'just know' and we rarely will get any 'hints'. Do it nicely, of course... which is what I'm trying to do, here.
I'll stop rambling now...

Old 02-20-2017, 05:33 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,735,357 times
Any updates OP?

Old 02-21-2017, 09:52 AM

Well we continued to talk and I dropped her off some Valentine gifts and a hand written letter for Valentine's Day while she was at work. I didn't tell her everything in the letter because I was still hoping to see her in person. She said the letter made her smile and we pretty much talked normally up until Saturday night.

Since her divorce there has only been one other guy that got to know her kids. They only dated for a 2-3 months and the guy asked her to marry him. She wasn't ready so she broke it off. That was a little more than a year ago. She told me about this on our first date.

Well her mom had hip replacement surgery yesterday and the last couple weeks I know she has been getting behind on house chores and laundry. She stayed up one night until 2am doing laundry. So she told me she needed to tell me something Saturday night but didn't know how. She told me she needed help and that the only person she could ask was David because he's the only one the boys are use to. She said she didn't want to let me go but she had to.

I told her if we weren't going to talk in person to call me so we could talk about it. Well she never did. So I finally just had to tell her everything I felt through text. I basically told her that I would do anything for her and with the job I have now, my schedule is flexible and I could work from home some and help her with the chores around the house. I told her she was making a mistake because she told me she wasn't happy with him and she was just settling because she's going through a rough patch. Since she hadn't text or called me, I thought it was the last time I was going to talk to her. So I told her I loved her and Goodbye.

She texted me back 2.5 hours later while I was asleep saying it had made her cry and she didn't know what to do anymore. That she wanted to talk to me in person so she could make me understand but it would makes things harder. So I talked to her for about an hour reassuring her that I was here for her.

So yesterday I never texted her and she texted me around 6 saying that her mom got through surgery ok. We talked about her mom for a few minutes and that was it. Didn't hear from her the rest of the night. I'm thinking she's already contacted David but I'm afraid to ask.

So it still isn't official that we're closing communication completely. I don't know what to do from here?

Old 02-21-2017, 10:01 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
This David is still waiting around after a year??
Or have they been in touch all the time she's been seeing you?
She'd replace you with him for the sake of some housework?
This puts a whole different light on things.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:04 AM

251 posts, read 188,510 times
Is she really thinking about getting back with her ex husband because she's overwhelmed with running the house on her own or does she still have feelings for him? I'm sorry you're going through this, she sounds very confused and I hate to say this but it might be time to walk away or at least give her some space for now.

If she really did love you like you obviously love her the choice would be easy, she would pick you. You sound like a good man and deserve to be loved in return.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:07 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geminigirl7 View Post
Is she really thinking about getting back with her ex husband because she's overwhelmed with running the house on her own or does she still have feelings for him? I'm sorry you're going through this, she sounds very confused and I hate to say this but it might be time to walk away or at least give her some space for now.

If she really did love you like you obviously love her the choice would be easy, she would pick you. You sound like a good man and deserve to be loved in return.

Not even an ex-husband...
"They only dated for a 2-3 months and the guy asked her to marry him. She wasn't ready so she broke it off. That was a little more than a year ago"

Old 02-21-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
This David is still waiting around after a year??
Or have they been in touch all the time she's been seeing you?
She'd replace you with him for the sake of some housework?
This puts a whole different light on things.
Well since her mom's boyfriend is a pos she is having to take off work and help her mom until she can get around on her own.

To go into more detail, this David character was in her driveway one day when she got home about a month ago and pretty much gave her an ultimatum to marry him. I guess since he knew she hadn't found anyone else. Well we had went fishing and then out to eat one night and she told me all about it. That even though he was great with her kids she wasn't happy with him and she told me she wasn't going to marry him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships