Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2016, 07:02 PM

11,395 posts, read 24,438,947 times

Advertisements

My husband and I often go a number of hours if we're away visiting family or old friends. We touch base to let each other know we arrived safely, etc. but we're not big on staying in touch more than once a day or so.

I have been known to go out of my way to check on the wellbeing of former boyfriends, while we still were dating. In retrospect, it was a waste of time and energy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2016, 09:01 PM

466 posts, read 314,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
My husband and I often go a number of hours if we're away visiting family or old friends. We touch base to let each other know we arrived safely, etc. but we're not big on staying in touch more than once a day or so.

I have been known to go out of my way to check on the wellbeing of former boyfriends, while we still were dating. In retrospect, it was a waste of time and energy.

At least you keep in touch once a day, but nothing from my ex wife... even during holidays.

Old 12-25-2016, 09:16 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Who cares,everyone will disappoint anyway.

Old 12-25-2016, 09:28 PM

539 posts, read 566,196 times
... ... ...

Soooo. To clarify, she's not an ex, she IS. Separation still means married. You never wanted to speak to her again. Blah blah blah. You keep winding back up with her, keep separating. You want her to leave you alone and let you move on with your life, but..... You become so upset that you have to vent to an online forum, because she didn't wish you a Merry Christmas. If I recall correctly, weren't you just with her last week, and you were upset because blah blah blah, i want her out of my life, yet i made things serious again, then uncomfortable, so she wanted out again, SO NOW YOU WON'T STOP CONTACTING HER.

That's a very shortened version, but that's the gist.

Why? Why do you continue to actively seek other partners, while married, while still diddling with wife, while posting on the dating advertisement board recently so probably other sites too, yet EXPECT, WANT, CRAVE, to receive attention from the wife you're supposedly running away from?

With that, you continue to poke at her, until she retaliates, then you get confused and act helpless and act like you have no idea why she's going crazy on you.

Just leave her alone. I'm beginning to see why that pallet of crazy chips is turning into isle 15.

Old 12-25-2016, 09:33 PM

1,440 posts, read 4,415,461 times
Guess I'm guilty of partially ghosting a time or two in my life. My first ex-wife would probably chalk it up to me being, as she said it, "a self-centered, egotistical, arrogant bastard". Can't say I could find an arguing point in her thinking, I am somewhat notoriously hard to live with.

Back to the topic though. Ghosting is actually quite a cruel thing to do to a significant other, as in being completely out of contact beyond the time when you could reasonably be expected to be back home, or at least out with a decent excuse. These days a simple text takes only seconds and while not solving the problem, it at least gives some comfort to those who might care about you.

Old 12-25-2016, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Who cares,everyone will disappoint anyway.
You are right Raena but I'm gonna be more selfish and focus on my own happiness regardless how it hurts this person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MigratingCoconut View Post
... ... ...

Soooo. To clarify, she's not an ex, she IS. Separation still means married. You never wanted to speak to her again. Blah blah blah. You keep winding back up with her, keep separating. You want her to leave you alone and let you move on with your life, but..... You become so upset that you have to vent to an online forum, because she didn't wish you a Merry Christmas. If I recall correctly, weren't you just with her last week, and you were upset because blah blah blah, i want her out of my life, yet i made things serious again, then uncomfortable, so she wanted out again, SO NOW YOU WON'T STOP CONTACTING HER.

That's a very shortened version, but that's the gist.

Why? Why do you continue to actively seek other partners, while married, while still diddling with wife, while posting on the dating advertisement board recently so probably other sites too, yet EXPECT, WANT, CRAVE, to receive attention from the wife you're supposedly running away from?

With that, you continue to poke at her, until she retaliates, then you get confused and act helpless and act like you have no idea why she's going crazy on you.

Just leave her alone. I'm beginning to see why that pallet of crazy chips is turning into isle 15.
This woman is my wife however she at any moment would create distance between us for weeks to months at a time. Recently she bull****ted about getting engaged with another man however I'm starting to think that she's just playing me with others. This separation has been going on for almost 2 years (on and off due to her), mind you I have not once did this to her. This is always happening to me when she is upset, and or busy doing her where she will take 1-2 days without a single text or hello. I wanted to fix my marriage with her but she refuse counseling and we have been having trust issues for the longest. I'm 99% sure she is ****ing with other men and way before I had sex with 2 other woman (during her absence for 3 months, claiming she was engaged with another man). as to what you said, I had just spoken to her yesterday and we were in contact several times through the day. I told her about this non sense of disappearing and taking space when the best way to solve any issue is to speak about it during an appropriate time. I also told her that I will never sleep with another woman again but you cannot vanish for no reason, communicate with me. I always tell her that it's about us, not just her which is very selfish and problematic for our marriage. To clarify I am not running away from her, she keeps running from me, have you not read my previous posts? since you seem to have some information but it's not accurate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazzwell View Post
Guess I'm guilty of partially ghosting a time or two in my life. My first ex-wife would probably chalk it up to me being, as she said it, "a self-centered, egotistical, arrogant bastard". Can't say I could find an arguing point in her thinking, I am somewhat notoriously hard to live with.

Back to the topic though. Ghosting is actually quite a cruel thing to do to a significant other, as in being completely out of contact beyond the time when you could reasonably be expected to be back home, or at least out with a decent excuse. These days a simple text takes only seconds and while not solving the problem, it at least gives some comfort to those who might care about you.
It's very abusive to ghost on someone that is relivant in your life. A simple text would at least allow the person to know there's no issue or that you are not 6 feet under but she doesn't give a **** about me but claims to be in love with me. Yesterday she told me "I love you" several times and in reality she is truly telling me "I love me, myself and I" this is the only person she cares about but I have these dumb asssss feelings for her.

Last edited by StarfoxGod; 12-25-2016 at 10:13 PM..

Old 12-25-2016, 10:46 PM

4,857 posts, read 7,606,006 times
I thought ghosting was a permanent thing. Not the same as ignoring someone for a day or two.

Old 12-25-2016, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
I thought ghosting was a permanent thing. Not the same as ignoring someone for a day or two.
ghosting can mean either or, but it's when a person just stops contact with you for long periods of time or permanently.

Old 12-25-2016, 11:54 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Depends on the urgency.

Old 12-26-2016, 12:19 AM

4,857 posts, read 7,606,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfoxGod View Post
ghosting can mean either or, but it's when a person just stops contact with you for long periods of time or permanently.
That sucks.

If I say "She's ghosted me." I'll have to clarify what I mean, because I could mean one day, a weekend, or maybe I mean she cut me off completely.

It's just a new, lame way of saying 'ignoring'... Lame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships