Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 01:52 AM

466 posts, read 312,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Depends on the urgency.
Of course, this applies to anything in life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dport7674 View Post
That sucks.

If I say "She's ghosted me." I'll have to clarify what I mean, because I could mean one day, a weekend, or maybe I mean she cut me off completely.

It's just a new, lame way of saying 'ignoring'... Lame.
Yes you would and it sucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2016, 01:59 AM

3,422 posts, read 3,313,134 times
If it's a gf, yes, I'd be very upset if she ghosted on me and not contacted me for 2 days. It takes, what, 2 seconds to send a simple text....no one is that busy!

If it's someone I'd just met, and I don't hear from her for 2 - 3 days, I lose her number and never contact her again. I don't like ghosting; it's a stupid, childish maneuver!

Old 12-26-2016, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
If it's a gf, yes, I'd be very upset if she ghosted on me and not contacted me for 2 days. It takes, what, 2 seconds to send a simple text....no one is that busy!

If it's someone I'd just met, and I don't hear from her for 2 - 3 days, I lose her number and never contact her again. I don't like ghosting; it's a stupid, childish maneuver!
Exactly this is why it hurts me so much. What would you do if in this situation? I try speaking to her and letting her know how I feel about her MIA behavior but she still does it anyways.

Old 12-26-2016, 04:51 AM

10,337 posts, read 5,819,104 times
I must've misunderstood something here...she was telling you she got engaged...while married to you, sleeping w/you, telling you she loves you?

Who would wait around or be interested in finding out if that was true or not? It doesn't matter! If she wanted you to believe it, there's no reason to give her a second thought.

Do you like being treated like a worthless pile of crap?

Oh, and to answer the question: 1 day max, 2 days is too long for ghosting, unless they're in a coma. Cut and dry, history is your prediction of the future.

Old 12-26-2016, 08:32 AM

8,916 posts, read 7,663,826 times
It's pretty obvious to me she doesn't want to be with you. It's time to wise up and make that tough decision. I wouldn't put up that crap.

Old 12-26-2016, 09:04 AM

3,422 posts, read 3,313,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfoxGod View Post
Exactly this is why it hurts me so much. What would you do if in this situation? I try speaking to her and letting her know how I feel about her MIA behavior but she still does it anyways.
I wouldn't even let her know. I'd just lose her number, contact info, etc. I recently had one ghost on me; she constantly cried about how she "couldn't find a man to save her life". After a couple of unanswered texts over a four day period, I thought, "Enjoy your time without a man, but don't blame anyone else for your loneliness!"

Never ceases to amaze me how people ask for something, and when it's delivered, they get stupid!

Old 12-26-2016, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I must've misunderstood something here...she was telling you she got engaged...while married to you, sleeping w/you, telling you she loves you?

Who would wait around or be interested in finding out if that was true or not? It doesn't matter! If she wanted you to believe it, there's no reason to give her a second thought.

Do you like being treated like a worthless pile of crap?

to it by flushing it down the toilet.
Oh, and to answer the question: 1 day max, 2 days is too long for ghosting, unless they're in a coma. Cut and dry, history is your prediction of the future.
I am extremely dumb and you are right, worthless crap might be treated better, at least most people attend
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
It's pretty obvious to me she doesn't want to be with you. It's time to wise up and make that tough decision. I wouldn't put up that crap.
yeah something is clearly wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
I wouldn't even let her know. I'd just lose her number, contact info, etc. I recently had one ghost on me; she constantly cried about how she "couldn't find a man to save her life". After a couple of unanswered texts over a four day period, I thought, "Enjoy your time without a man, but don't blame anyone else for your loneliness!"

Never ceases to amaze me how people ask for something, and when it's delivered, they get stupid!
Yeah it doesn't make any sense. This is what she wrote to me an hour ago after being gone for more than 24 hours.

Wow, I just opened my phone to hit you up and I find this??? You have no idea what I was doing? I tried contacting you many times before leaving for the job but you will always assume and say the same hurtful **** over and over. Think whatever you want. We don't trust each other and we don't need to waste time talking as you say if I can't even freaking work without you having a fit because you think I am up to something else all the time.

She never called nor left an email since I do not have any number of hers besides a dumb text now app number.

Old 12-26-2016, 10:30 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,302,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfoxGod View Post
If you are seeing someone(girlfriend/ wife/ boyfriend/ husband), how long would you allow someone to disappear for? Ex. you call someone or text and 2 hours go by, you try again. Then another 3 hours go by an you reach out and still no reply. Assuming the whole day goes by after 2-3 calls and 2-3 messages what would you do? I always felt that if a person tries to contact you, you would get back within an hour or 2 but some people are very distant or too caught up with what they are doing.
I'd give it about a day or two. After that, she is just not into you.

Old 12-26-2016, 10:34 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,302,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Yeah if we have had an argument/something/she was upset and needed her space then I'd know that's the reason why I've not seen her/returning my calls but at least I knew she was safe
Wow... I have a friend who often "ghosts" me. The first thing I want to know is that she is okay. But if I know she is okay and that she is just ghosting me, then I'd feel a bit better.

This one particular friend (really close friend that I've known for years) has a habit of being really self destructive. A single mother, and yet she seeks out situations where her life and her daughter's is in danger.

It is very common that I don't hear from her and I think that she's dead.

Old 12-26-2016, 10:41 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,453,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Wow... I have a friend who often "ghosts" me. The first thing I want to know is that she is okay. But if I know she is okay and that she is just ghosting me, then I'd feel a bit better.

This one particular friend (really close friend that I've known for years) has a habit of being really self destructive. A single mother, and yet she seeks out situations where her life and her daughter's is in danger.

It is very common that I don't hear from her and I think that she's dead.
Wow at your friend!!

No but seriously you're spot on mate and it's a natural feeling ESPECIALLY if you know they can be self destructive and are inclined to get themselves in trouble..

I've got a mate that's a great bloke but things get on top of him and he will lose himself for a few days at a time.... booze, sniff, fights the full monty mate. Both me and others around him know that's how he blows of steam so kind of leave him to it but obviously with that in mind it can unfortunately lead our imaginations to run wild.

That's the problem with being caring at times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships