Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2016, 05:46 PM

466 posts, read 314,606 times

Advertisements

If you are seeing someone(girlfriend/ wife/ boyfriend/ husband), how long would you allow someone to disappear for? Ex. you call someone or text and 2 hours go by, you try again. Then another 3 hours go by an you reach out and still no reply. Assuming the whole day goes by after 2-3 calls and 2-3 messages what would you do? I always felt that if a person tries to contact you, you would get back within an hour or 2 but some people are very distant or too caught up with what they are doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2016, 06:03 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarfoxGod View Post
If you are seeing someone(girlfriend/ wife/ boyfriend/ husband), how long would you allow someone to disappear for? Ex. you call someone or text and 2 hours go by, you try again. Then another 3 hours go by an you reach out and still no reply. Assuming the whole day goes by after 2-3 calls and 2-3 messages what would you do? I always felt that if a person tries to contact you, you would get back within an hour or 2 but some people are very distant or too caught up with what they are doing.
What basically go missing?

It depends on if I know or suspect they are busy or not, I'm easy going but if I'm actually with someone then yes at some point in the day I'd like it returned.

I'm not sure what you're getting at mate?... How long would it take before I think they have ghosted/left me?

If so it would depend on our usual level of communication... If we talked all the time and she didn't get back to me say later on in the evening or the next morning I'd be more concerned she had an accident or worse.

I'd think that before I worried or thought she ghosted me without saying a word ( Never happened to me thankfully as it's an awful thing to do and especially if we're exclusive )

Old 12-25-2016, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
What basically go missing?

It depends on if I know or suspect they are busy or not, I'm easy going but if I'm actually with someone then yes at some point in the day I'd like it returned.

I'm not sure what you're getting at mate?... How long would it take before I think they have ghosted/left me?

If so it would depend on our usual level of communication... If we talked all the time and she didn't get back to me say later on in the evening or the next morning I'd be more concerned she had an accident or worse.

I'd think that before I worried or thought she ghosted me without saying a word ( Never happened to me thankfully as it's an awful thing to do and especially if we're exclusive )
Yeah ghosted where she just stops communicating for a day or 2 but then returns like it's ok saying that she was busy or her phone was off(mind you she can reach you several ways but thinks it's not that important). I just hate the feeling of not being important to people I care for.

Old 12-25-2016, 06:08 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Depends how involved I am with that person. A spouse: I would want a quick reply or I'll begin to get worried. Girlfriend: I can go a few days. Ex/FB/FWB: I could really care less if they ever call back, to be quite honest.

Old 12-25-2016, 06:09 PM

Happy Christmas guys and girls!!! How is your holiday Londoncowboy?

Old 12-25-2016, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Depends how involved I am with that person. A spouse: I would want a quick reply or I'll begin to get worried. Girlfriend, I can go a few days. Ex or FB/FWB I could really care less if they ever call back, to be quite honest.
I would agree with that but if when it's your wife or close girlfriend goes missing especially on Christmas and holidays, it kinda hurts honestly. I'm not feeling all that good.

Old 12-25-2016, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Yeah ghosted where she just stops communicating for a day or 2 but then returns like it's ok saying that she was busy or her phone was off(mind you she can reach you several ways but thinks it's not that important). I just hate the feeling of not being important to people I care for.
If I knew she was busy ie work/break etc then that's fine as I know what's going on beforehand mate but yeah to suddenly shoot off and no contact then that would annoy me a touch as I'd think she's hurt/had an accident or something so it is rather insensitive.....this if she were an actual SO.

But there's too many variables to take into factor.... The level of communication, How busy we are, How close/exclusive we are etc to give an accurate answer

Quote:
Happy Christmas guys and girls!!! How is your holiday Londoncowboy?
Mines been terrific thank you ( I've just left a rep wishing you a good day as well lol )

Old 12-25-2016, 06:18 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
I would agree with that but if when it's your wife or close girlfriend goes missing especially on Christmas and holidays, it kinda hurts honestly. I'm not feeling all that good.
If it was my wife or girlfriend ever ghosted me the entire Christmas day/Holidays, I'd say we have a f-up relationship.

Personally, I would never let it get to that point.

Old 12-25-2016, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
If I knew she was busy ie work/break etc then that's fine as I know what's going on beforehand mate but yeah to suddenly shoot off and no contact then that would annoy me a touch as I'd think she's hurt/had an accident or something so it is rather insensitive.....this if she were an actual SO.

But there's too many variables to take into factor.... The level of communication, How busy we are, How close/exclusive we are etc to give an accurate answer

Mines been terrific thank you ( I've just left a rep wishing you a good day as well lol )
I know there are too many, when my woman has been upset she would ghost about 2-3 days straight ignoring all my calls and texts. I'm glad it's going great!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
If it was my wife or girlfriend that ghosted me the entire Christmas day/Holidays, I'd say we have a f-up relationship.

Personally, I would never let it get to that point.
Yeah well I know I did. Wish I could have prevented stuff like this.

Old 12-25-2016, 06:26 PM

Quote:
I know there are too many, when my woman has been upset she would ghost about 2-3 days straight ignoring all my calls and texts. I'm glad it's going great!!!!

Yeah well I know I did. Wish I could have prevented stuff like this.
Yeah if we have had an argument/something/she was upset and needed her space then I'd know that's the reason why I've not seen her/returning my calls but at least I knew she was safe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships