Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 07:10 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,974,571 times

Advertisements

OP what is the real issue here?

You think people sitting around collecting welfare is okay from the other thread you started about lazy people collecting welfare but you have an issue with men who choose to work and financially provide for their wives?

So it is better if women sat on their asses and collected welfare vs sitting on their asses and having a man take care of them financially and not depend on tax dollars? Not understanding the logic here...

Old 12-30-2016, 07:14 PM

602 posts, read 395,698 times
a good friend of mine has this arrangement with her husband. The catch is that they have 3 kids under age 5, so it makes pretty much no sense for her to work as daycare would eat up her entire paycheck and then some. They are both in the service industry but in relatively well-paid areas (he is management so he makes a lot more than she does). She works a part time job but it's hard for her to find a babysitter that won't break the bank. And she can't wait til he's home to work as he works almost every day from early morning to late night. I've visited her many times and I guarantee that anyone who spends 5 minutes in her house will see that she is most definitely NOT sitting on her ass doing nothing.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:24 PM

426 posts, read 351,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy12345678 View Post
To me, there's not a girl out there hot enough to make me go out and work my life away while she gets to sit at home on her ass all day. I've seen so many suckers who spend 12+ hours a day at work while their wife has never worked a day in her life, and I just want to know what's wrong with you guys? Why is that woman worth letting her stay home and do next to nothing all day, everyday. Me personally, if I have to work so do you, you're not hot **** and I'm not gonna give my life away so that I can fund yours. What do you guys think about the subject?
I think this is mean. I have a couple of relatives who are house wives. My family is very old fashioned. Remember not long ago women weren't allowed to work. Now they can work but then men complain that they don't want a woman who's strong and makes more money than them because then they feel emasculated. So it's like you can't win either way. Me personally, I feel like I'm in the middle. I would still like to hold on to some old fashioned values but I'm never gonna be a trophy women either and own a corporation. I just want to make a decent living that is all.

Last edited by Yourgermanicanish; 12-30-2016 at 07:59 PM..

Old 12-30-2016, 07:26 PM

1,166 posts, read 875,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shysister View Post
OP what is the real issue here?

You think people sitting around collecting welfare is okay from the other thread you started about lazy people collecting welfare but you have an issue with men who choose to work and financially provide for their wives?

So it is better if women sat on their asses and collected welfare vs sitting on their asses and having a man take care of them financially and not depend on tax dollars? Not understanding the logic here...
I never said sitting around on your ass collecting welfare was OK. That thread was bringing up the point that that is not the main reason why our country is in debt or the biggest waste of our tax dollars, as many people like to believe. That is a completely different issue.

As far as the point of this thread, I'm mainly talking about men and women who take all kinds of **** from their wife/husband, and basically do as they say, all the while while they don't work and get to do whatever they want all day.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:52 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,974,571 times
Quote:
I never said sitting around on your ass collecting welfare was OK. That thread was bringing up the point that that is not the main reason why our country is in debt or the biggest waste of our tax dollars, as many people like to believe. That is a completely different issue.

As far as the point of this thread, I'm mainly talking about men and women who take all kinds of **** from their wife/husband, and basically do as they say, all the while while they don't work and get to do whatever they want all day.
Oh okay I don't have any experience pertaining to that kind of arrangement. All the housewives I know still contribute to their household in other ways that aren't monetary and their husbands are satisfied.

Old 12-30-2016, 07:57 PM

2,704 posts, read 1,829,673 times
Quote:
I am learning that people are a lot dumber than I could've imagined But if you are saying that the things I'm talking about don't happen that's totally false. I am just bringing up things I've observed in my life and using CD as a soundboard to see what others think about them. I have observed plenty of men who have a fat, ugly wife who doesn't work and wonder "Why is she worth that?" Or a lazy ass guy who doesn't work while his hot wife does. I just wonder why they get to be so lucky. What makes them worth it?
Since you know people like this well enough to know for a fact that one spouse is "sitting on their ass all day doing nothing" why don't you ask one of them?

I do know of some non-working wives as well as non-working husbands, but I don't know any who are sitting around doing nothing. They are making valuable contributions towards the family and household in other ways besides another paycheck.

Please clarify how you think being "hot" (or not) makes a difference in the value of a spouses contributions?

Last edited by Butterflyfish; 12-30-2016 at 08:06 PM..

Old 12-30-2016, 08:00 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Are you referring to women who stay at home who DON'T have kids? If so, I actually agree with you. No way I'm going to support a woman, to sit at home and not bring any income in. You don't have kids so you have no excuses.

Old 12-30-2016, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyfish View Post
Since you know people like this well enough to know for a fact that one spouse is "sitting on their ass all day doing nothing" why don't you ask one of them?

I do know of some non-working wives as well as non-working husbands, but I don't know any who are sitting around doing nothing. They are making valuable contributions towards the family and household in other ways besides another paycheck.

Please clarify how you think being "hot" (or not) makes a difference in the value of a spouses contributions?
apparently if you're hot, you can get away with doing nothing. (eye roll)

Old 12-30-2016, 08:45 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
Why are you worried about it?

Are they hurting you?

Old 12-30-2016, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Why are you worried about it?

Are they hurting you?
Right?! I wish I had no real problems so I could sit around and concern myself with things that have zero impact on my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships