Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 01:28 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,589,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post
I am exasperated right now. I have no idea what guys expect, including my own boyfriend. I see on these message boards that guys don't want to date anyone above 30, want sex right away, complain about golddiggers, etc. It is very discouraging. I own my own home and car and don't need anyone to pay my way. Plus, I cook, clean and I give whatever he needs. What is it that you guys want?
One thing I expect, is that a woman with whom I would be involved and to whom I would show respect, would not use obscene expressions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2017, 01:29 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,800,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
I kind of agree with this as I strictly don't want kids and don't want to raise any.

I'd be happy to date a single mother but there would come a time where i'd be introduced to the kid, have to get to know the kid and do things with the kid if things progressed. Given i'd want to avoid that happening then i'd go into the courtship knowing there's a shelf life on it and that's not going to work.

The problem is once you get into your 30s then the women who don't have kids tend to want them soon as the clock is ticking and a high percentage do have kids. I know some women don't want kids but they aren't easy to find and as mentioned may be workaholics.
It's not so much that their workaholics it's that they turn into Sex and the City women. They don't care about being loving, caring women that want to be in a relationship. Their dog, happy hours, career and other things are enough for them and they're happy just Mod cut. on the weekend by one of their FWB's or FB's. I only look for women without kids as well so I'm pretty much able to spot all the different types.

I mean just look at this board alone and how many single women admit they don't want a relationship. At least they admit it of course, and know themselves.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-10-2017 at 09:02 PM.. Reason: Vulgar terminology.

Old 01-01-2017, 01:32 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,579,807 times
Dating can be hard and some areas just don't have a good supply of compatible people. Perhaps you should try a different route - maybe meetups or dating in some other nearby area.

Old 01-01-2017, 02:24 PM

37,465 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
Jesus, if you have a sweet personality and 2 breasts, you sound like a catch to me. Get someone that appreciates you if your bf does not.
I agree.

To the OP, it seems to me that many adult males are yet boys. It happens. Some males will never grow out of being a boy. As such they do not know what they want. Sex, maybe. Food, maybe. A trophy, maybe.

I think it takes a bit of maturity for a male before they realize what they want.

Old 01-01-2017, 07:12 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,530,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post
I am exasperated right now. I have no idea what guys expect, including my own boyfriend. I see on these message boards that guys don't want to date anyone above 30, want sex right away, complain about golddiggers, etc. It is very discouraging. I own my own home and car and don't need anyone to pay my way. Plus, I cook, clean and I give whatever he needs. What is it that you guys want?
Sounds good to me. Hats what I looked at when my wife and I started out. I personally don't want a slug but i don't want a ball breaking bioch either.

I'm not hung up on age. I don't need a supermodel on my arm. What I would look for is someone who isn't needy and more important controlling. I want someone who works but isn't married to their job. I don't want a gold digger because I'm not interested in such person. As far as sex use I like it but I'm not expecting it immediately but I'm not waiting 9 months for her to make up her mind if I'm worthy.

It sounds me you haven't met the right guy. Personally wouldn't worry too much about some unattainable goal some guy has about dating.

Old 01-01-2017, 07:19 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,758,356 times
Don't believe a single thing on these Internet forum. Be yourselves.

Old 01-02-2017, 12:05 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,410,470 times
Its just people. People say what they want...but they never actually date/marry what they say they want. The only man I ever loved was nothing near what I thought I wanted and I plan on things being that way when I finally meet my husband too. Just human nature I guess.

Old 01-03-2017, 12:14 AM

261 posts, read 221,501 times
its quite simple really. ask girls why they are how they are! too many unrealistic and unnecessary complications and drama... even if everything is literally laid on a gold platter for them..they don't want it and be "dismissive" and "dispose" of the person. Seems like they think there is literally a factory where they can place an order and boom - out it comes!

Old 01-03-2017, 12:30 AM

997 posts, read 937,105 times
I agree with the food and sex answer.

Men are not as picky as women are, as a rule. If there is no steak on the barbecue, they will settle for a hamburger. They will be happy with it as long as it is served hot.

Old 01-08-2017, 07:49 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
Its just people. People say what they want...but they never actually date/marry what they say they want. The only man I ever loved was nothing near what I thought I wanted and I plan on things being that way when I finally meet my husband too. Just human nature I guess.
That's funny. I did!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships