Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 07:28 PM

2 posts, read 1,575 times

Advertisements

Background
I was sexually abused and did not start dating or really conversing with the opposite sex until i was 24.
Relationships Part 1 Initially, i was just a doormat that sought out toxic and abusive relationships. It is embarrassing to think that i entered those relationships and allowed people to treat me that way.
Then I ran into some one, who was just bad news. To this day, I am curious to what their mental illness was. But, they pretty much just started degrading and humiliating me for ****s and giggles and i couldnt walk away.
Relationships Part 2 I finally went off on him. This started a trend of me ending lashing out on people. They were never unwarranted, as i was still attracted to POS.[/FONT]
But, I would respond to the POS behavior with a slew of nonsensival crazy girl text.
Crazy Behavior:

Since I was attracted to POS, they would do something dick/****ty. My response would be a slew of crazy girl, self depreciating text most about my appearance.

Concern/Question Im terrified this will come back to bite me in the ass. Im terrified the people who say me that way, will tell other people and everyone will think im crazy.
Ive gone to therapy and had one really great relationship since then.
But, Im still afraid to really go on dates, due to this anxiety.
Any one dealt with something similar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2017, 07:36 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forgvie242 View Post
Background
I was sexually abused and did not start dating or really conversing with the opposite sex until i was 24.
Relationships Part 1 Initially, i was just a doormat that sought out toxic and abusive relationships. It is embarrassing to think that i entered those relationships and allowed people to treat me that way.
Then I ran into some one, who was just bad news. To this day, I am curious to what their mental illness was. But, they pretty much just started degrading and humiliating me for ****s and giggles and i couldnt walk away.
Relationships Part 2 I finally went off on him. This started a trend of me ending lashing out on people. They were never unwarranted, as i was still attracted to POS.[/font]
But, I would respond to the POS behavior with a slew of nonsensival crazy girl text.
Crazy Behavior:

Since I was attracted to POS, they would do something dick/****ty. My response would be a slew of crazy girl, self depreciating text most about my appearance.

Concern/Question Im terrified this will come back to bite me in the ass. Im terrified the people who say me that way, will tell other people and everyone will think im crazy.
Why did you stop therapy?

Old 01-01-2017, 07:37 PM

2 posts, read 1,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Why did you stop therapy?
i didnt. However, this is the one feeling that therapy hasnt really resolved

Old 01-01-2017, 07:41 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
i didnt. However, this is the one feeling that therapy hasnt really resolved
You have to keep working on it with your professional counselor.

I am very sorry for the things you have been through. Everyone has stuff they did in their past that they hope no one else brings up again, but as you know, you have some very serious compounding factors that only someone trained and experienced with those issues can help with.

Last edited by BirdieBelle; 01-01-2017 at 07:51 PM..

Old 01-01-2017, 07:51 PM

426 posts, read 351,886 times
Quote:
Background
Relationships Part 2 I finally went off on him. This started a trend of me ending lashing out on people. They were never unwarranted, as i was still attracted to POS.[/font]
Crazy Behavior:

you've been through a lot so it isn't your fault for acting a certain way.

Don't worry about what people think. Trust me, people will judge know matter what. If you did something stupid in the past and changed years later, a mistake from back then shouldn't stop you from living your life. Any jerk that will be that closed minded can talk all they want. You don't need people like that in your life and if people are easily brainwashed then they are weak to begin with.

Old 01-01-2017, 11:26 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
It says you 'used' to be the crazy girl.

I believe you now convince yourself and others by your actions.

Old 01-02-2017, 07:17 AM

30,526 posts, read 16,222,191 times
You've worked hard to change yourself. You're continuing the work.

You can't change the past. Just continue to be the new you and those who count will notice.

You're getting stronger. Keep it up!

Old 01-02-2017, 09:32 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,128 times
Call me cynical, but I believe that if you keep dating bad boys, you'll always be attracted to bad boys.
One day (if it hasn't happened already) you're gonna attract a good guy. He's gonna be a true gentleman, treat you the way you should be treated...only for you to dump him and go back to the bad boy!

I've seen this trend time and again - and continue to see it. Weeks later, the woman's crying and screaming, 'cause that bad boy beat the **** out of her and cheated on her! But...."she loves him!" The reason why she won't leave him - despite his beating and cheating.

Play with fire, you'll eventually get burned.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:54 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,479,020 times
Do be aware that no one can be harder on you than you, yourself. Believe me, it's not helpful. It's beyond all of us to go back and change our pasts. What we can do and should, is change how we conduct ourselves in the future and above all else, forgive ourselves if we think we need to, then get on with our lives.

Try it. I think you'll like it.

Old 01-02-2017, 06:14 PM

866 posts, read 629,931 times
Default Get more therapy

Quote:
Get more therapy and do not use acronyms such as "POS".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships