Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 12:45 AM

25 posts, read 31,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
That was my point, you called it FWB and didn't see anyone else, but sound mad that she did? Everything doesn't have to have a label. Things don't always work out the way we plan.

I can't be mad at her because we weren't exclusive. It's just very disappointing...especially doing that immediately after what I thought was a great date between us.

I don't know, I'm all screwed up. I guess I want to keep seeing her in hopes that she magically becomes 24 and not 44

Old 01-02-2017, 12:48 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonRMelody View Post
I can't be mad at her because we weren't exclusive. It's just very disappointing...especially doing that immediately after what I thought was a great date between us.

I don't know, I'm all screwed up. I guess I want to keep seeing her in hopes that she magically becomes 24 and not 44
Well she won't, but you will one day be 44, and hopefully you end up with the same feelings for someone else, and you are both able to have children.

Old 01-02-2017, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Well she won't, but you will one day be 44, and hopefully you end up with the same feelings for someone else, and you are both able to have children.

If I just put myself out there and meet someone else, will my feelings for her immediately go away?

Old 01-02-2017, 01:06 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,861,074 times
Ive never tried to get over someone with a new person. Maybe it works, it's what a lot of guys say anyway
Sounds like you have no choice but to move on.

Old 01-02-2017, 01:36 AM

291 posts, read 505,762 times
Oh trust me, rebounds work Lol. At least in my experience. You will find someone else and have a great time with them, even if it's just a fun little fling. Before you know it, you're not even thinking about your ex (or whatever she was to you) anymore. There are two guys throughout the course of my life who I thought I would never ever get over because I cared about them so much and the break-up was heart breaking, but here I am, going on dates and having fun. They have zero effect on me now lol.

Last edited by Bloopers; 01-02-2017 at 01:45 AM..

Old 01-02-2017, 02:58 AM

424 posts, read 236,379 times
OP, I think you need to seriously sit down and make a list of what you want in a woman.

I'm your age and had similar problems. When I made that list and realized my true value in the dating market, I went from dating promiscuous, 30-something, single mothers to late teens/early 20s, ambitious, child-free, Ivy league college students.

Guess which group makes me happier.

Old 01-02-2017, 03:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDistinguishedGentleman View Post
OP, I think you need to seriously sit down and make a list of what you want in a woman.

I'm your age and had similar problems. When I made that list and realized my true value in the dating market, I went from dating promiscuous, 30-something, single mothers to late teens/early 20s, ambitious, child-free, Ivy league college students.

Guess which group makes me happier.

I get along much better with women in my age range - say 24 to 33 than late teens to early 20s

Keep in mind I'm exceptionally well established for my age... I bought my first house at the age of 25. I was making serious money at 23. It's hard for me to relate to very young people

Old 01-02-2017, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloopers View Post
Oh trust me, rebounds work Lol. At least in my experience. You will find someone else and have a great time with them, even if it's just a fun little fling. Before you know it, you're not even thinking about your ex (or whatever she was to you) anymore. There are two guys throughout the course of my life who I thought I would never ever get over because I cared about them so much and the break-up was heart breaking, but here I am, going on dates and having fun. They have zero effect on me now lol.
that's what I figured

but this aspect of going back into dating is awfully daunting. It took me forever to find this woman who liked me. How long will it take to find another attractive one who feels the same way?

I'm right now the absolute best version of myself that I've ever been - I'm 5'10, 185, very athletic, handsome face, my career is going awesome, my self esteem is through the roof... you would think dating would come very easily but it's still a miserable struggle if I want to date someone somewhat attractive

Old 01-02-2017, 03:30 AM

424 posts, read 236,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonRMelody View Post
I get along much better with women in my age range - say 24 to 33 than late teens to early 20s

Keep in mind I'm exceptionally well established for my age... I bought my first house at the age of 25. I was making serious money at 23. It's hard for me to relate to very young people
I very well-established too: highly educated, solid career that pays a pretty penny in which I've been working for about 5 years, nice new car. I don't have any interest in buying homes, but I easily could have in my 20s if I wanted to (even more so because I'm a veteran and have the VA loan at my disposal).

There are plenty of younger women that have their [bleep] together. Obviously, you won't find them at bars and they could be difficult to access without sufficient effort and know-how.

Ultimately, it depends on what you're looking for. My current girlfriend is 18 and I can't get enough of her (for reasons outside of the physical, though the physical doesn't hurt ).

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-02-2017 at 08:36 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.

Old 01-02-2017, 03:33 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,717,447 times
Older woman fun with younger guys often re-builds or confirms her confidence in her own desirability...for a while. Once that is accomplished, emotional intimacy and security becomes a more important goal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships