Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 09:14 AM

95 posts, read 83,670 times

Advertisements

In my previous post, I discussed all the issues i've been having with my husband. We have only been married 8 months. He had sent p*rn scenes where he photoshopped his head on the man & his friend's sister on the woman to a friend, he has messages from his ex fiancee & her best friend (not terrible, but not "right" to talk to them), he told me I'm not allowed to take photos with other men...when he saw a pic of myself and my longtime coworker at a work Christmas party posing with a prize we won.

To make a long story short, last night I finally confronted him about the pics. He claims that his friends send him p*rn but he tries to delete it. He got mad about an acne mark I had on my neck and asked me who made the mark....then he got angry that I am going to visit my aunt & 2 female cousins in Louisiana next weekend alone. The last time I asked him to go in March, he told me "I hate Louisiana, no. It's all voodoo magic and h**kers" and he never takes off work to go places with me cuz he works construction.

He was even more angry because my female cousin & I were going to have a "girl's night" and go out dancing at a bar. My husband knows I LOVE to dance, it's one of my passions especially latin dancing. I have not gone out with ANY friends alone this year, even tho I am 25 years old. He said "If you go to Louisiana next week, you will come back & I will be gone. You will be single. I'm not going to control you it's your choice." I reminded him I let him go out alone this summer with his friend i'll call "Mike" multiple times to go to a bar downtown and to his friends house to drink/play video games till 2 am...he said that it was ok for him because I was sick with my heart problems so I couldn't go due to the hot weather.

We scream and cry for an hour over other things. I then say "Ok, am I allowed to go to Louisiana if I don't go to any bar, just spend time with my family?" He said "It's not a good idea. I don't like that idea at all. I have a bad feeling in my chest that something will happen if you go alone without me there to protect you." I said "You never have that premonition when I go to work alone in Alabama. why did you marry me if you don't trust me?" Then he says "No it's not about trust. I just have this bad feeling in my chest that something bad is going to happen. You aren't my slave so go if you want, but I don't like the idea at all." I asked him if he still loves me & he said "i'll love you forever."

So....now I don't know what to do, I feel sick. If I don't go see my family, my husband will be happy. If I do go see them, my husband has threatened to leave me. I don't know what to do, is this normal for a husband to not want his wife to go on vacation alone???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 09:20 AM

22,584 posts, read 47,649,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.mhernandez View Post
Husband told me he'll leave me if I go visit my family alone. What to do?
Have a great trip.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:22 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,248,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Have a great trip.
And make sure you pack enough of your stuff to never need to come back.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:23 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Have a good trip. Re read your other threads.

Of course, this marriage doesn't sound any more real that your first one. This one must have married him the week after you divorced for it already to be 8 mos as you were still married to your first husband less than a year ago.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:24 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,033,533 times
I Agree with both previous posters. You go and don't look back.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:30 AM

95 posts, read 83,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Have a good trip. Re read your other threads.

Of course, this marriage doesn't sound any more real that your first one. This one must have married him the week after you divorced for it already to be 8 mos as you were still married to your first husband less than a year ago.
Thanks, and yes I will go on the trip...just don't know if I will go dancing or not like I want to

As for the timeline, I filed for divorce from my first husband in March 2015 after about 4.5 years together. I met my current husband in August 2015 and we got married end of April 2016. My divorce took 1 year to actually go thru (so finalized Jan 2016) because my ex-husband refused to sign....

Old 01-05-2017, 09:31 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,523,736 times
Quote:
Have a great trip.
Yup

OP I'd personally go a day or 2 earlier

Old 01-05-2017, 09:32 AM

6,558 posts, read 8,389,581 times
Quote:
He said "If you go to Louisiana next week, you will come back & I will be gone. You will be single. I'm not going to control you it's your choice."
"I'm not going to control you. I'm just going to issue this ultimatum in an effort to stop you from going. And if you go, I'm going to "punish" you by leaving you. But it will be your choice (your fault) that I'm leaving. But, hey, I'm not trying to control you."

OP, going on this trip will benefit you in two ways.

1.) Spend time with your family.
2.) Get rid of your terrible husband.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:32 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,150,246 times
Quote:
Have a great trip.
I would say the same but he'll be there waiting when she gets back.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:33 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,951,955 times
Quote:
Thanks, and yes I will go on the trip...just don't know if I will go dancing or not like I want to

As for the timeline, I filed for divorce from my first husband in March 2015 after about 4.5 years together. I met my current husband in August 2015 and we got married end of April 2016. My divorce took 1 year to actually go thru (so finalized Jan 2016) because my ex-husband refused to sign....
Sorry for the mix up. That's still insanely fast. You were married when you met your second husband and married him before you could really get to know him at all. This is not surprising. You should still be dating, not married.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships