Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 09:48 AM

264 posts, read 190,962 times

Advertisements

I'm 31 and he is 31,we started dating in September,it was so much fun and we texted and talked daily.
Every morning he would text good morning and snap chat and text through the day.
He called me his girlfriend.
He has 2 children with different women,1 he isn't allowed to see(no idea why)
He lives with a friend in his spare room and drives his car when he can (I live 50 min drive away so was hard).
Pretty soon in the relationship he showed lazy tendencys ..he loves finishing work and getting into bed and spending the night on YouTube.
He told me I was a keeper and really liked me.
Everthing was great.
He was always tired after working long hours and when he came over we only really got 2-3 hours together.
I seen him 3 weeks ago today..he drove over and we had pizza.
The Monday I said to him it would be nice to see him more and asked if he was still into this..he said yes he just has a lot on his plate but still wanted this.
Those 2 days he was slightly distant then the Thursday when he was meant to come over he didn't and we argued.
The Friday I text saying are you done with me?
He replied "you tell me,your the one who went in a huff,I've got a lot on my plate,I thought you would understand"
I apologised and said I'm sorry I still want to see you,I was upset yesterday,if you need really talk I'm here.
He waited a day and replied "ok"
I called him that night and no answer.
The next day he rang me but I was in work so I called him back and no answer.
That was the last I heard from him..no merry Christmas or happy birthday but he was still on my Facebook and watching my snapchat.
Text him yesterday after 2 weeks and said "what happened? What went wrong?"
He said "Kelly I've got a lot to deal with right now,I'm not the type of person to share things,I bottle it up and suffer,you did nothing wrong,im a closed book"
I just replied "hope your ok,take care"
And nothing
Done
What went wrong here?
He is still viewing my snapchat and kept me on Facebook
Was it the distance ? Could he simply not be bothered?
How do you like someone one day and not the next?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 10:04 AM

888 posts, read 555,643 times
The question should be, why do you want to date someone like this? He doesn't have his life together/ He needs to work on his own life and really has nothing to give to a relationship? Don't you think you can do better?

Old 01-05-2017, 10:04 AM

251 posts, read 188,542 times
I know it hurts but he doesn't sound like much of a catch anyway, he doesn't have his own place, he doesn't have his own car, he has two kids by two different women, he's lazy and he seems to be putting zero effort into the relationship. Who knows what's really happening with him but it sounds like you can do better.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:08 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
I stopped reading when the fact he isn't allowed to see one of his kids is mentioned. You should have stopped too.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:08 AM

19,717 posts, read 20,244,680 times
The *holidays* tend to mess with alot of people's emotions..

That's really all I have to say about that..

Old 01-05-2017, 10:10 AM

I think it's because he didn't know he had a son till he was 2 but the girl now won't let him see him but he hasn't took her to court but pays Maintenance.
That's my guess anyway.
I don't know what I did wrong tbh

Old 01-05-2017, 10:10 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
He didn't find whatever it was he was looking for in you

Old 01-05-2017, 10:13 AM

The thing is even up till the Thursday night he said I was perfect.
He said when we first met he had never felt like this about someone so soon.
I just keep tortuting myself thinking what could I of done different but I don't think I could.
Even our first date he was on YouTube on his phone ..should of ran then.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:13 AM

6,885 posts, read 7,890,726 times
He did you a huge favor. You want a relationship that he is not capable of.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:19 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyanne29 View Post
The thing is even up till the Thursday night he said I was perfect.
He said when we first met he had never felt like this about someone so soon.
I just keep tortuting myself thinking what could I of done different but I don't think I could.
Even our first date he was on YouTube on his phone ..should of ran then.
Maybe to him, you were perfect. But the question is: is he "perfect" for you, or anything close? Is he even stable enough for regular dates, at the very least? No.

People stay stuff. Talk is easy. But that's all it is: talk.

Love that sweet talk guy.
Until one day, no more talk.
Where did he go? Sad.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 01-05-2017 at 10:27 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships