Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 12:51 PM

16 posts, read 12,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
Ick. Will you mind if she calls you "Daddy?"
Not at all.

Old 01-07-2017, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I was 17, he was 22. He had his own apt and let me drive his truck to school. That was part of the attraction.
What were the other parts of the attraction? By the way, 5 years is hardly an age gap. Now 43 and 20, that's an age gap.

Old 01-07-2017, 01:04 PM

602 posts, read 395,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngerberry View Post
I guess it's different for women. Most men like a woman who is considerably younger. So would you not have been interested in an older man back when you were young?
I'm 34 and don't want to date a 45 year old man NOW, no way would I have considered it 10 years ago. I do tend to go younger though, but not younger than 26-27.

Old 01-07-2017, 01:36 PM

352 posts, read 234,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm not so sure, there are a few guys here I know that would probably feel like a perv. I for one would, .
Exactly.

I don't know where the mental age line falls for many....and to each their (legal ) own....but anyone that's lookin' like one of my daughter's goofball friends is ....ugh!

Old 01-07-2017, 02:16 PM

52,202 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck-67 View Post
Exactly.

I don't know where the mental age line falls for many....and to each their (legal ) own....but anyone that's lookin' like one of my daughter's goofball friends is ....ugh!
I don't have kids myself, but a few of my friends do and they are late 40's and their daughters are pretty, probably around 19 or 20 or so, not sure, but they look like infants to me. LOL. I couldn't imagine at my age (later 40's) messing around with a 20 yr old girl. That's what she is a girl, not a woman yet, she may be legal, but she ain't a woman as far as I'm concerned.

Old 01-07-2017, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfRescuingPrincess View Post
I'm 34 and don't want to date a 45 year old man NOW, no way would I have considered it 10 years ago. I do tend to go younger though, but not younger than 26-27.
Why do you like younger men?

Old 01-07-2017, 02:29 PM

602 posts, read 395,775 times
Quote:
Why do you like younger men?
I don't date younger as a rule, it just ends up that way sometimes. I am attracted to guys that seem youthful and fun. 30-somethings can be those things, but of the guys I've dated the 20-somethings tended to make me laugh more and brought out the fun side in me. Of course I'm talking a 7-year difference, not a 20-year difference. 18-year-old guys are like babies to me and I definitely wouldn't want to date one.

Old 01-07-2017, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfRescuingPrincess View Post
I don't date younger as a rule, it just ends up that way sometimes. I am attracted to guys that seem youthful and fun. 30-somethings can be those things, but of the guys I've dated the 20-somethings tended to make me laugh more and brought out the fun side in me. Of course I'm talking a 7-year difference, not a 20-year difference. 18-year-old guys are like babies to me and I definitely wouldn't want to date one.
If you gave all men of 40+ a truth serum, and asked them if they'd like to date a young woman of 18-25, 99% would say oh yeah. But for some reason many men nowadays don't want to admit it, and of course older women tend to have a problem with it. It's completely natural and normal for a 40 year old man to be interested in young women, and it's also normal for younger women to be intrigued by older men.

Of course, it's not universal. In some cultures it's frowned upon, whereas in many cultures it's completely accepted as normal.

Old 01-07-2017, 03:18 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,945,242 times
Quote:
What makes you think there's anything perverted about it?
Quote:
You mean the thought of being with a 20 year old young woman does absolutely nothing for you? I know there's older women reading this but it's not like you owe them anything. Come on now, are you serious? I don't believe it for a second. Close your eyes and picture a nice young 20 year old, the softness of her skin, the youthfulness. You telling me you aren't excited by that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsChick View Post
Ick. Will you mind if she calls you "Daddy?"
Quote:
Not at all.
Do you even listen to yourself?

Are you on a sex offenders list OP?

Old 01-07-2017, 03:23 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,495,745 times
Quote:
I'm in my mid 40s and I've noticed younger women (late teens to mid 20s) showing quite a bit of interest. I'm certainly very intrigued, but I wonder what the reason for this is. Have you had this happen? Is it common? I wouldn't mind dating women considerably younger than me. The more I think about it, the more the idea excites me.
You have what they don't. It happens. Likewise, I find that 20-somethings have a cute charm that women my age don't. No big deal. If you two click, great.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships