Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2017, 12:34 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the minx View Post
If a man asks me out, I hope he thinks I'm special. Otherwise, why is he asking me out?
Have your cake and eat it too. I like your style. Many men will gladly pay for a date with a special lady. But in today's online/mobile dating world, men are no longer obligated to shower the woman with gifts. OP seems upset that she did not get her meal paid for by the "cheap guy".

Old 01-08-2017, 12:42 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
Have your cake and eat it too. I like your style. Many men will gladly pay for a date with a special lady. But in today's online/mobile dating world, men are no longer obligated to shower the woman with gifts. OP seems upset that she did not get her meal paid for by the "cheap guy".
Men have never been "obligated" to do anything.

Old 01-08-2017, 12:45 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
I wouldn't do this, but this apparently is the world we're living in now, just roll with it I guess. IDK.

Old 01-08-2017, 12:48 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,115,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishigas73 View Post
Men have never been "obligated" to do anything.
Just look at the OP's post, look at the wording in the title, and the wording in the post. It's all about finances and how wronged she was that she was not pampered by the "cheap men". Thankfully there are many young women out there who don't have this chip on their shoulder.

Old 01-08-2017, 12:49 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Why didn't you offer to pay the tab instead since you make more money? I don't know why how much you ate has anything to do with how much he should pay.
I'm not dictating how much he should pay. However, why should I offer to pay for him just because I make more money? He suggested the activity so I assumed he could afford it. I'm not going to jump in and say "No, I'll pay for us both because I make so much more money than you do!"

Old 01-08-2017, 12:51 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,481,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I've never once spilt the bill and now I think of it I can't think of a more awkward feeling than asking for that.
Of all the men I met and dated online, only a few (maybe 3) ever took me up on my offer to split the bill.

Old 01-08-2017, 12:52 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,609,532 times
Quote:
Just look at the OP's post, look at the wording in the title, and the wording in the post. It's all about finances and how wronged she was that she was not pampered by the "cheap men". Thankfully there are many young women out there who don't have this chip on their shoulder.
I never said I was "wronged" or that I expected him to pay for me. As I said, I've paid for myself lots of times. I only shared what happened because I've never had any guy just straight up ask for separate checks before and I thought that was interesting.

Old 01-08-2017, 12:56 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Your cognitive bias is showing here. She didn't do anything you said, she was actually pretty polite about the whole thing and she inferred that she wouldn't hold it against him for further dating.

People read and see what they want to see on this forum, it's like a disease around here.

Old 01-08-2017, 01:02 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,368,709 times
Quote:
No need for hyperbole - it's been many years since the typical women (if ever) had the expectation of getting "showered" with gifts. I don't ever remember that time - like flowers and jewelry and such? Puh-leaze...SMT - did YOU ever shower a woman....I mean with GIFTS?

Old 01-08-2017, 01:04 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,012,048 times
Quote:
And this goes to the "obligation" on men, how?

Last time I looked, men (and women) had the choice as to how they approached dating. No one is obligated to pay, or to walk someone to their car, or to do anything, really. Just as the other person is not obligated to accept actions that they don't want to accept.

And, seriously, LOL at the "chip on their shoulder" comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships