Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2017, 09:32 PM

645 posts, read 750,767 times

Advertisements

Better have your wallet handy if you keep dating this cheap ass dude. I have never had a guy ever do that on a meet up/date. Seems a bit rude and cheap.True gentleman you got there...not!

Old 01-07-2017, 09:33 PM

636 posts, read 392,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBurgh View Post
Now I think you're just trolling , or you may be the OP's date
I'm legitimately curious about your comment.

Old 01-07-2017, 09:34 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,906,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
YOU said it couldn't.
Right, but you didn't tell us what you mean by "overall low funds"

I stand by what I said.

Old 01-07-2017, 09:36 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reen79 View Post
Better have your wallet handy if you keep dating this cheap ass dude. I have never had a guy ever do that on a meet up/date. Seems a bit rude and cheap.True gentleman you got there...not!
LOL, yup! Like I said, I generally do offer to contribute to the bill, but I've never had a guy ask for separate checks. Luckily, I didn't mention to anyone I know that I was meeting up with a guy tonight. This is the kind of embarrassing stuff that you can only share anonymously on C-D!

Old 01-07-2017, 09:38 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,481,472 times
Honestly, the going Dutch thing wouldn't have phased me. Although as a rule, I would do anything to get out of a dinner date with a guy from OLD. Some were horrible dates and I'd hate to have to sit through a long meal/terrible date. I rahter pay the Chinese food delivery guy $20 and eat at home with a good book than spend all the time and trouble for a crap shoot of a date.

What really bothered me is the lack of concern for you. A gentleman would walk you to your car, even if he wasn't interested in you. To me, the lack of caring, based on what I've seen from people, would be a sign of things to come considering people put their best foot forward on dates. Might be why he's divorced.

Sound like this guy need to focus on himself and get his life together before dating. He's not "there" yet.

Old 01-07-2017, 09:42 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,906,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
Honestly, the going Dutch thing wouldn't have phased me. Although as a rule, I would do anything to get out of a dinner date with a guy from OLD. Some were horrible dates and I'd hate to have to sit through a long meal/terrible date. I rahter pay the Chinese food delivery guy $20 and eat at home with a good book than spend all the time and trouble for a crap shoot of a date.

What really bothered me is the lack of concern for you. A gentleman would walk you to your car, even if he wasn't interested in you. To me, the lack of caring, based on what I've seen from people, would be a sign of things to come considering people put their best foot forward on dates. Might be why he's divorced.

Sound like this guy need to focus on himself and get his life together before dating. He's not "there" yet.
Agree, he definitely needs to get his own life together first

Old 01-07-2017, 09:46 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
You have a right to do that if you want. How are you going to go about it? Are you going to ask for separate checks when it's time to pay like this guy did?
No, one check, split. She pays for hers, I pay for mine.

Old 01-07-2017, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
No, one check, split. She pays for hers, I pay for mine.
But how will you let her know that you want to split? Will you tell her ahead of time or when the bill comes? Will you slide the bill over to her when it comes and then put your money in and say "This is for my stuff?"

Old 01-07-2017, 09:57 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,481,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
But how will you let her know that you want to split? Will you tell her ahead of time or when the bill comes? Will you slide the bill over to her when it comes and then put your money in and say "This is for my stuff?"
I don't think a man should have to ask. Every date I'd been in I offered to pay. Most said no, but some took me up on the offer.

That said, I think it would be polite for a man to let his date know he wants to split before the date happens. I always have a card on me, but splitting a bill is much easier with cash. Besides, saying you want to split the bill before the date gives a chance for the woman to cancel (and wouldn't a man who believes in going Dutch want a woman who doesn't to cancel since they are incompatible?)

Old 01-07-2017, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLind View Post
I don't think a man should have to ask. Every date I'd been in I offered to pay. Most said no, but some took me up on the offer.

That said, I think it would be polite for a man to let his date know he wants to split before the date happens. I always have a card on me, but splitting a bill is much easier with cash. Besides, saying you want to split the bill before the date gives a chance for the woman to cancel (and wouldn't a man who believes in going Dutch want a woman who doesn't to cancel since they are incompatible?)
It just seems like it would be an awkward conversation to have. "Looking forward to meeting you! By the way, we will be splitting the bill." lol But if you just ask the server for separate checks, no discussion is needed and that makes it very clear what your intentions are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships