Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2017, 02:39 PM

345 posts, read 276,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Where do you live, Moe? Guys in their 40's wanting to change someone's feminist ways? They sound like they're 80, not 40. Acting older than you? The guys in their 40's I run into, more often than not are into Star Trek, Jedi movies (I don't even know what that's a reference to), some are into hipster clothes and skateboarding still, and behave and talk like teenagers.

OTOH, guys being pompous and trying to come across as authorities and so forth, that I've run into in a professional context. That's just good old-fashioned male ego. It's especially bad, and sad--or laughable but also aggravating--when 20-somethings try to pull it off. That's were I run into it, is guys in the early stage of their career, trying to make themselves out to be more important than they are.

Are you in a more conservative part of the country?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluegrassGuy View Post
Keep in mind that 30, or even 29, is NOT out of my age range. In case you're not aware, there is a formula. Did you (men) ever hear about dividing your age by two, then adding 7, to tell you the youngest age woman you should be looking for? Let's see.. 44 divided by 2 is 22. Add 7, you get 29. So, I could reasonably expect SOME 29-year old women to be interested in me. Especially since I don't look anywhere near 44, nor have I experienced most of the things that most men my age have by now.
But if you suck, no woman will want you whether she is 29, 44, or 80.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 02:42 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayMoe10 View Post
I'm on the East Coast, in Philly. So there are plenty of the hip guys you describe but they tend to be younger. The ones my age act like jabronis. I'm sure there are guys out there like you describe and I would like to date; but I'm bad at finding them. (I'm also not really in a place emotionally right now to look, but historically they had been scarce to find.)
Haha, really? You'd like to date 40-something-aged mental teenagers? Guys who carry their skateboards around with them like security blankets and dress like Maynard G Krebs on the Dobie Gillis show (look it up), or whose conversation topics are about sci-fi shows and video games???????????

I have trouble believing that's what you're looking for. And what's a jabroni?

Old 01-17-2017, 02:47 PM

22,591 posts, read 47,670,343 times
Quote:
In case you're not aware, there is a formula. Did you (men) ever hear about dividing your age by two, then adding 7, to tell you the youngest age woman you should be looking for?
Now that makes zero sense.

A 22 year old out of college should not be expecting high school seniors in their dating pool.

Nor should a 60 year old think that 37 year olds will be clamoring to take care of them in their old age.

Where do you get this stuff??

Old 01-17-2017, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Haha, really? You'd like to date 40-something-aged mental teenagers? Guys who carry their skateboards around with them like security blankets and dress like Maynard G Krebs on the Dobie Gillis show (look it up), or whose conversation topics are about sci-fi shows and video games???????????

I have trouble believing that's what you're looking for. And what's a jabroni?
OK good point. I wouldn't want to date a guy that immature (oh and I totally know who Maynard G Krebs, played by Bob Denver, was! My mom and I used to watch Nick at Nite together )

But I would like to split the difference between an overgrown frat boy and a guy who is 40 going on retirement age.

Jabroni is the term I use for a stereotypical Philly guy who is racist, obsessed with the Eagles and beats up Cowboys fans, acts stupid and sexist.

Old 01-17-2017, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Now that makes zero sense.

A 22 year old out of college should not be expecting high school seniors in their dating pool.

Nor should a 60 year old think that 37 year olds will be clamoring to take care of them in their old age.

Where do you get this stuff??
Numbers are the key to the Secret Of Life, dontcha know?

Old 01-17-2017, 03:16 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
And isn't it great that everyone thinks they look younger than their actual age. So how would the OP even know what women his age look like? We don't walk around with our age stamped on our foreheads. Maybe those women in his age group are actually in their 50s and look 40s, and women his age are actually younger looking than he thinks.

In addition, he was talking about FRIENDS.

Poo on the dating age kabosh. I'm 50 and would (in all likelyhood) leave him in the dust. Recent activities? Paddleboard and shark dive. I found 40 year old men (when I was dating) who emphasized how young they were........ not so much 90% of the time.

Shame on those who don't enjoy sci-fi. Shame.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-17-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post

Shame on those who don't enjoy sci-fi. Shame.
Haha. Really? OK, I'll chalk it up to my never having been able to relate to any kind of fi at all. I'm fiction-challenged.

Old 01-17-2017, 03:25 PM

4,042 posts, read 2,711,107 times
Quote:
Keep in mind that 30, or even 29, is NOT out of my age range. In case you're not aware, there is a formula. Did you (men) ever hear about dividing your age by two, then adding 7, to tell you the youngest age woman you should be looking for? Let's see.. 44 divided by 2 is 22. Add 7, you get 29. So, I could reasonably expect SOME 29-year old women to be interested in me. Especially since I don't look anywhere near 44, nor have I experienced most of the things that most men my age have by now.
NO, you can't. Not with the downer attitude you have. You want your life to be different? Then change it.

Old 01-17-2017, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayMoe10 View Post
OK good point. I wouldn't want to date a guy that immature (oh and I totally know who Maynard G Krebs, played by Bob Denver, was! My mom and I used to watch Nick at Nite together )
SISTAH! I had a crush on Maynard way back when. He was cool. To a pre-teen, anyway, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayMoe10;
But I would like to split the difference between an overgrown frat boy and a guy who is 40 going on retirement age.
Absolutely!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayMoe10;
Jabroni is the term I use for a stereotypical Philly guy who is racist, obsessed with the Eagles and beats up Cowboys fans, acts stupid and sexist.
OMG! Girl, you need to relocate!

Old 01-17-2017, 03:36 PM

Quote:
SISTAH! I had a crush on Maynard way back when. He was cool. To a pre-teen, anyway, lol.
Absolutely!
OMG! Girl, you need to relocate!
I like it here... I just need to figure out where the guys my age who act normal are hiding.

There's a really cute guy who fits what I'm looking for in my social periphery but I just found out he's only 27
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships