Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2017, 07:53 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,202,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
JMA501, I'm glad you say you are happy. I think it is entirely possible to be happy on your own...however, I was trying to encourage a man who does NOT want to be alone...
My brother was like you, sounded like you, lived much like you say you live. But now, at 55, he says he regrets not finding a mate, marrying and creating a family because he is very lonely...
I never said I wanted to be alone. What I said was I accepted at 26 that finding a mate was never going to be possible for me and moved on to other fulfilling things like photographic arts. Ultimately being happy with the life I have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 08:05 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,405,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaThunder View Post
JMA501, I'm glad you say you are happy. I think it is entirely possible to be happy on your own...however, I was trying to encourage a man who does NOT want to be alone...
My brother was like you, sounded like you, lived much like you say you live. But now, at 55, he says he regrets not finding a mate, marrying and creating a family because he is very lonely...
Marrying and creating a family doesn't necessarily eventually guarantee non-loneliness.

I don't know your brother, but it seems he may have deeper issues going on.

Old 02-01-2017, 04:41 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,604 times
ya, i spoke to a couple of male Aspies who are also in their early 40's, they say they have never had a relationship for more than 2 months

Old 02-01-2017, 07:17 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,377,273 times
There are other 3's out there looking for love...

Old 02-01-2017, 07:46 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
ya, i spoke to a couple of male Aspies who are also in their early 40's, they say they have never had a relationship for more than 2 months
Great

I personally know two male Aspies (LOL I take no offense with this name but just find it to be super lame) who are in their early 30's and have had at least one relationship of 5+ years. One of them is myself. Hard to believe, I know! How do these Aspie people even manage to be able to use the internet?

And where did this post even come from? As far as I know, the OP does not claim to have Asperger's, so I'm not sure how that is relevant to this thread.

Forgive me if I'm wrong and the OP has indeed claimed to have Asperger's.

Old 02-01-2017, 08:10 PM

217 posts, read 237,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post
Great

As far as I know, the OP does not claim to have Asperger's, so I'm not sure how that is relevant to this thread.

No, I do not have Asperger's syndrome.

Old 02-01-2017, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Great

I personally know two male Aspies (LOL I take no offense with this name but just find it to be super lame) who are in their early 30's and have had at least one relationship of 5+ years. One of them is myself. Hard to believe, I know! How do these Aspie people even manage to be able to use the internet?

And where did this post even come from? As far as I know, the OP does not claim to have Asperger's, so I'm not sure how that is relevant to this thread.

Well you are an exception, it's common for a lot of male aspies to struggle in dating and relationships

Old 02-01-2017, 09:07 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,928,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MogwaiLover217 View Post
Well you are an exception, it's common for a lot of male aspies to struggle in dating and relationships
Why just the males?

I've had my struggles, but I live a pretty normal life. I think a lot of people who have Asperger's may also struggle with making friends too, not just having romantic relationships. Relationships in general.

Old 02-02-2017, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Why just the males?

I've had my struggles, but I live a pretty normal life. I think a lot of people who have Asperger's may also struggle with making friends too, not just having romantic relationships. Relationships in general.
Because guys have to be the initiators and having Asperger's affects a person's social skills, so obviously social awkwardness is going to hurt the guys more

Old 02-02-2017, 11:26 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Quote:
Why just the males?

OP struggles with all relationships and seems to have a lot of the traits. But he says he's not...

So...

To what does he attribute his extreme social awkwardness and inability to relate to his peers? Not to mention his belief that a 44 year old virgin with no sex drive or social skills is entitled to a 29 year old hottie because of a magic formula he found on the internet?

I truly am curious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships