Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 03:59 PM

14 posts, read 8,960 times

Advertisements

About 2 years and a half ago at the beginning of our relationship, my boyfriend who is 37 asked me (28) to do him a favor and to please call this female ”friend” he had to give her an address (which I looked up and it happened to be of a lawyer as far as I can remember). He wanted ME to do it because the woman’s husband is somehow violent,and jealous, so basically it seemed to me that this woman is in some sort of abusive or toxic relationship, she has 2 children with her husband, and supposedly this man( her husband) has even been in jail in the past, so my bf wanted me to do him the favor of calling her, Just in case the husband picked up the phone out of rage, that way he would think I was just her friend, and would not put her in any danger,,,this man had even called my boyfriend numerous time at midnight to tell him to not engage in conversations with his wife. and also smashed his wife’s computer for talking to much on Facebook and so on.

So 5 days ago,after almost 2 years of not mentioning her whatsoever he mentions me this women AGAIN!! and the fact that now she is contacting him because she has ”suicidal” thoughts that she can handle it anymore because she is not happy with her life and her husband.., so he was emailing her back trying to talk her out of it,and told me that she is a long time friend and he is concerned of her doing something crazy, But I don’t know what can possibly be going on here, they communicate often but My bf being ALMOST a Doctor should refer her to some special center or a suicide hotline, I talked to him about it and he said that she does not have money and depends on her husband financially, also I have a strong feeling this girl is an ex girlfriend of his, He gave me a very superficial answer to who this women really is and his relationship with her, What do you think can be happening here? emotional attachment?

Last edited by alexia17; 01-09-2017 at 04:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2017, 04:04 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexia17 View Post
I have a strong feeling this girl is an ex girlfriend of his....
I agree.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:05 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,455,752 times
I'm sure a total stranger calling for someone in the name of someone known wouldn't go over well with her bf either...

the whole situion (despite the implications of good intentions) is sketchy

Too many losse connections to logic here for this to be totally on the up and up

Old 01-09-2017, 07:29 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,459,619 times
I suggest you tread lightly here. You can't win. People can have old friends who contact them for odd reasons. She may be testing the waters, but she might not be.

If you love and trust your boyfriend, take a half step back and see how it all plays out. The less you inquire the better.

You can tell him you don't feel comfortable with the situation, but beyond that you will just be wasting your breath.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:31 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,966,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
I suggest you tread lightly here. You can't win. People can have old friends who contact them for odd reasons. She may be testing the waters, but she might not be.

If you love and trust your boyfriend, take a half step back and see how it all plays out. The less you inquire the better.

You can tell him you don't feel comfortable with the situation, but beyond that you will just be wasting your breath.
Good advice.

And it would make sense that you are uncomfortable with the situation, OP, given that the other woman's BF has proven to be violent and volatile.

Old 01-09-2017, 08:12 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,637,839 times
If I had an ex (who it sounds like it probably is) or anyone else I know/knew for that matter reach out to ME expressing thoughts of suicide, I'd have no choice but to help them.

I couldn't it have it on my conscience if they killed themselves. Also I help people for a living. It's not in my blood to look the other direction.

The the bf gets all in a huff and gets violent call the cops.

Old 01-10-2017, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
If I had an ex (who it sounds like it probably is) or anyone else I know/knew for that matter reach out to ME expressing thoughts of suicide, I'd have no choice but to help them.

I couldn't it have it on my conscience if they killed themselves. Also I help people for a living. It's not in my blood to look the other direction.

The the bf gets all in a huff and gets violent call the cops.

I just don't buy that she is just a friend, I even asked and said ''hey is this woman an ex lover or something, and he just said ''no'' with a body language that expressed LIE,My boyfriend is the type of man
that says things little by little, not all at once. So I know he wont say anything else.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:26 AM

15,675 posts, read 11,531,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexia17 View Post
I just don't buy that she is just a friend, I even asked and said ''hey is this woman an ex lover or something, and he just said ''no'' with a body language that expressed LIE,My boyfriend is the type of man
that says things little by little, not all at once. So I know he wont say anything else.
I've been in this position a few times with either ex lovers or friends and I've pretty much always helped or offered to , mainly because it shows how bad a situation they are in to ask someone from their past for help and yeah I felt sorry for them....... It doesn't for one second mean I want anything in return or rekindle anything.

However if I was with someone then I'd have to think twice about it as I won't in a million years get involved in something that could effect her or our relationship.......So yeah it's a tough one.

As for the trust side if things has he given you any reason not to trust him in the past?.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Good advice.

And it would make sense that you are uncomfortable with the situation, OP, given that the other woman's BF has proven to be violent and volatile.

@Wmsn4Life Yeah I am super uncomfortable, I don't like this at all, I just have this feeling that theres something else to the story that he wont tell me, I can put my hand in fire that this is his ex, there's no way he would help her that much and be so worried if she not an ex period.even if you are the best person on the world, you would not help a friend this much.3 Years talking with this women over and over, and always some new drama. something smells rotten denmark.

Old 01-10-2017, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
I've been in this position a few times with either ex lovers or friends and I've pretty much always helped or offered to , mainly because it shows how bad a situation they are in to ask someone from their past for help and yeah I felt sorry for them....... It doesn't for one second mean I want anything in return or rekindle anything.

However if I was with someone then I'd have to think twice about it as I won't in a million years get involved in something that could effect her or our relationship.......So yeah it's a tough one.

As for the trust side if things has he given you any reason not to trust him in the past?.

My bf is an overall I don't want to say mysterious but more of a reserved type of person( Which I dont know how good can that be!!). he does not open up about hings all at once, its piece by piece, I feel this way because,, since we were dating he mentioned me this woman and her troubles and that's when my doubts began. that day he mentioned her for the first time, I remember my head was going round and round, I even thought of leaving the relationship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships