Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 01:20 PM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,297 times

Advertisements

My struggles with women are pretty well documented on here. I've had no luck at all with women.wheter approaching or online or wherever.

I've always said i don't have rigid physical standards at all I'm attracted to a lot of different types of women but I know I'm not capable of dating a women I have no physical attraction to at all.

People said it was shallow I should give them a chance etc

So I went on a date with the first girl to show me any interest in years from old. I wasn't physically attracted to her at all and gave it a shot and while she was a very cool girl I still couldn't get over the lack of physical attraction.

Worst part was she really liked me and it was hard for me to say no to her and think of excuses to say other then I don't find you physically attractive at all.

I know no I'd rather be alone then with somebody I don't find attractive physically at all. It sucks but I just can't donitv
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 01:24 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,753,896 times
Hey all the posters who say "attraction is more than physical", read up. THIS is why some don't date people we have no physical attraction to.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:25 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,041,600 times
Well, thanks for letting us know!

I don't know anyone who isn't physically attracted to their partner, I don't think?

Old 01-04-2017, 01:33 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,015,348 times
Yeah, I'd never be with someone who I wasn't physically attracted to.

The is absolutely more to me to attraction than just the physical, but it certainly is a necessary component.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:35 PM

50,816 posts, read 36,514,503 times
I hope all guys who get angry because women who aren't attracted to them won't give them a chance anyway see this...it is not a choice to be attracted to someone, and not something within our control.

Keep trying OP, it took me years to find the combination of attraction and tenderness I was seeking, but it was well worth the wait.

That said, I wouldn't go by just pics, but if you're just not sure if there's an attraction or not, I recommend a short meet anyway, as you really can't IMO tell chemistry online. Once you meet though, go by your heart. I tried to give attraction a chance to build with guys whose personalities I liked, but it never really happened.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:36 PM

602 posts, read 396,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I hope all guys who get angry because women who aren't attracted to them won't give them a chance anyway see this
I was just about to say this!!!

Old 01-04-2017, 01:37 PM

1,883 posts, read 2,522,111 times
And you shouldn't be with someone you aren't attracted to, especially if the person is attracted to you. Not fair to you or them.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:53 PM

221 posts, read 184,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor76 View Post
And you shouldn't be with someone you aren't attracted to, especially if the person is attracted to you. Not fair to you or them.
Absolutely. Conversely, I wouldn't want to be with someone who isn't attracted to me either.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:53 PM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,907 times
It's not too late to find out. Some people can do it and some just can't.

Old 01-04-2017, 01:55 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,455,752 times
dating people you are only attracted to on a non physical level is called going out with friends

That isn't to say you CANT become attracted to someone physically given time and emotional involvement/investment, but it's not really going to work out very well in a blind dating scenario due to lack of any real initial investment at all...

The sentiment of it is nice, but the reality crushes a lot of of the good intentions when advising people to date purely for non physical connections.

Coming to see the attractive side in people sometimes takes time. Without it you're just going off of first impressions, which may or may not always be the best of impressions to take away.

Which is what people who tell others to give people chances are really trying to relate.

Last edited by rego00123; 01-04-2017 at 02:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships