Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 12:46 PM

52,232 posts, read 52,655,546 times

Advertisements

I agree with someone that said that people are starting to have kids later in life these days, that does seem to be the current trend. I, at one time found a couple of websites that had studies that showed overall in this country that long term speaking that 80 plus percent of women had children by their 40's. I'm too lazy to look it up again, but to me that makes sense, most people I know and have known in my work/family/friends circle most typically have kids by the time their were later thirties.

Again, studies show that overall speaking that is the norm. Though it is starting to trend different a bit these days. I posted earlier that when I was dating most women I encountered all had kids, I was shocked when I met Mrs. Chow and she was 28 at the time and she didn't have kids.

I've gotten a few reps saying that it's more normal for people in their 30's to not have kids and I, and the studies I have seen, doesn't support this notion that boatloads of people in their late 30's don't have children. Just not buying it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2017, 02:32 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1end View Post
I think that is a very unfair argument to make.

Men have 2 options of birth control: Condoms, or a vasectomy. And one of those is permanent.

I believe women have about 50 odd options for birth control. Some can be used before. Some can be used during. And some can be used after.

I have considered a vasectomy myself. But then why should I limit my options for the future, based on the now? Very tough decision to make.

Birth-control is ultimately a woman's responsibility.

If I could get a temporary birth-control implant, or whatever, I would.
A Vasectomy is permanent, but it's also one with the lowest failure rate. You say birth control is for a woman to do, then when "accidents" happen, you wanna get mad. But thing is, when you put 100% responsibility on someone else, you're at their mercy.

You can say "I may want kids later." Did you know you can preserve sperm? Then when you meet a woman you wanna parent with, you could still have a biological child with her. That sounds like a lot, or weird, but it's a precaution, and possible one of the best ones to take for men who are adamant about not having children.

Last edited by HappyRain; 01-20-2017 at 02:41 PM..

Old 01-20-2017, 02:47 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,709,383 times
Is it odd for anyone if they are, say 30+, without kids? Does that raise a red flag?

Old 01-20-2017, 02:49 PM

4,575 posts, read 5,190,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
Is it odd for anyone if they are, say 30+, without kids? Does that raise a red flag?
Why should it? Just means they don't have kids.

Old 01-20-2017, 02:51 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
For some, kids pre-30 is a red flag. All depends on your perspective.

Old 01-20-2017, 03:17 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,709,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Ah very true! I think it's tougher to come into a relationship when they have kids from a past relationship. Maybe it's more of a personal thing, but it's tough to accept they're not mine .

Old 01-20-2017, 03:25 PM

52,232 posts, read 52,655,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
IDK, I think speaking for me kids pre 24 or earlier is really more of an indication. It's still pretty common for people to get married in their 20's and have kids before 30. Like you posted earlier it's changing some, but not that much in grander scheme.

Old 01-20-2017, 03:25 PM

112 posts, read 66,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattywo85 View Post
Ah very true! I think it's tougher to come into a relationship when they have kids from a past relationship. Maybe it's more of a personal thing, but it's tough to accept they're not mine .
?

That's completely normal!

What on earth would make you think it wasn't?

No sane man wants to be raising another man's kids.

It's a massive compromise. It's why I never consider single mothers for a committed relationship.

I don't want to be raising another guy's kids.

That is why it's important to have good boundaries

Old 01-20-2017, 03:54 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,733,373 times
My wife was on birth control while we were dating. When we married and had already decided not to have children, we decided the safest birth control method was for me to have a vasectomy and her to stop birth control. The vasectomy was easy and never caused any issues in our sex life.

Old 01-20-2017, 04:02 PM

6,735 posts, read 4,417,224 times
I called it the 3 D's. Doctors, diapers and daycare. Dont have any interest in none of these.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships