Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2017, 06:59 AM

2 posts, read 1,072 times

Advertisements

I recently read a book "Love Warrior" by Glennon Doyle Melton and I thought the memoir was about myself and I am beginning to read it again for the second time. I am the middle of three children and it seems my whole life, I have been overly sensitive and awkward in relationship and the older I get, I do not see much improvement and I have tried. I have read books, sought counseling, psychologists, I have tried but perhaps not hard enough..... I am not sure.... Love Warrior was about a child that grew up bulimic, alcoholic, struggling with emotions and as a married adult, she still struggled, which I can relate!

My brother called me the other day and told me that I upset his wife, I said something that hurt her feelings last month (they have been together for 2 years). We were discussing how they met and I told her that I was a little jealous of her at first, my brother and I were close, but I am happy for her and I am glad she is in the family and it all worked out. My brother has never really had a relationship his whole life besides her and one lady over 15 years ago. I told him that nothing was meant by it and she told my brother, she assumes the past two years I have been fraudulent and my mouth dropped! My brother says to me, she is very sensitive and I sad, so am I!! I have not talked to my brother much over the past couple of months now and I thought it would be best to not get involved in his or his wife's life. I have always felt like the outcast in the family even though we all live very close to one another. I think my emotions get the best of me. In Love Warrior, it talked about how it was ok to be alone and sometimes I think it is best if I were just alone in a bubble but I have a teenage daughter to care for so that is unrealistic.

My husband (number 2) and I have been together for seven years. He told me last summer that I didn't have any friends, the only people that were my friends were his and they only liked me because of him. My heart was crushed but then I have to think, you are overly sensitive, suck it up and move on!

I cannot go around people without drinking, if I am sober, I am extremely quiet, which might be better then obnoxious I assume. But I get overly emotional sober or drinking. I wish I didn't wear my emotions so openly!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2017, 09:11 AM

22,615 posts, read 47,734,076 times
Sorry, but... what is your question?

Old 01-16-2017, 09:26 AM

2 posts, read 1,072 times
I am wondering how other people deal with their overly sensitivity? I seem to choose vices that don't help.

Old 01-17-2017, 04:31 AM

332 posts, read 294,855 times
Seek counseling?

Old 01-18-2017, 08:19 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,736,876 times
Being down to earth and sensitive can often be in conflict...with the wrong type of people. My wife is terribly direct and with her, you get what you see. She's an open book. My daughter (from another marriage) with whom my wife had a lot of disagreements, nonetheless praised her for this, while others have simply gone ballistic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships