Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2017, 08:15 AM

888 posts, read 555,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhead4 View Post
SERIOUSLY? ??? It does matter because it clearly shows that the OPus boyfriend doesnt care

Really? So posting on social media automatically means someone cares about you? Not thinking so. I would put much more stock in how you are treated on a day to day basis. So what if this guy posted tons of pictures, but treated her badly? That means he cares I guess. Believe me, I care about my husband, but I barely ever post pictures of him. And I don't think I have ever posted one of us together. It's usually of my foster animals or my child's sports activities....on the rare time I do post something. People really do choose to get upset about the silliest things. You have no idea if the boyfriend cares about her. Neither do I. But this one thing means nothing in the grand scheme of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2017, 08:23 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,191,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangirl_2015 View Post
Really? So posting on social media automatically means someone cares about you? Not thinking so. I would put much more stock in how you are treated on a day to day basis. So what if this guy posted tons of pictures, but treated her badly? That means he cares I guess. Believe me, I care about my husband, but I barely ever post pictures of him. And I don't think I have ever posted one of us together. It's usually of my foster animals or my child's sports activities....on the rare time I do post something. People really do choose to get upset about the silliest things. You have no idea if the boyfriend cares about her. Neither do I. But this one thing means nothing in the grand scheme of life.
Agreed. Some don't wanna share their private lives online. And some may hate taking pictures. For me, it's both. I have 1 pic on Facebook, and the only reason it's still up is because I haven't been on since 2007 and don't remember my Login info. lol

It seems people put too much stock in social media. My brother and his girlfriend are that way. Anytime they do something, or get something, the pictures have to go on Facebook. And their relationship is a mess.

If you like taking and sharing pix, it's cool. But that's just it. Let if be something you can both do if you're both interested. Let it be an activity at best. Don't weigh it as a testimony of love. No more than you'd say "He must not love me because he doesn't wanna go a concert with me."

Some people have pix posted with their SO, and meanwhile they're running around on them in their spare time.

Last edited by HappyRain; 03-09-2017 at 09:02 AM..

Old 03-09-2017, 09:36 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangirl_2015 View Post
This is so silly. I have been married for ages, I don't need to " show off" my husband to social media. Neither does he. I stick to what I said before, this has nothing to do with not caring. Not everyone wants to post all the time on social media. Especially in a new relationship. I could care less if my husband post pictures of me. I can't even remember the last time I went on his facebook actually.
I'm talking about people who regularly use social media and who haven't been married for ages.

Old 03-09-2017, 03:56 PM

162 posts, read 153,837 times
While some people are right about the idea that your partner not posting pics of you together doesn't necessarily mean they aren't into you (and shouldn't be used as some kind of measure of that), I feel they're neglecting the flip side. It can definitely be a matter of your partner wanting to hide you from their social circle, and/or wanting to appear to be single to others. I say this from experience (and that was exactly the case). That is a problem. Your partner basically does not want other people to see you with them. I've been there and it was a red flag.

So it can be both. Maybe they just don't want to broadcast all of their business on social media. Fine. OR maybe he wants to hide you because he doesn't want Jane to know that he's dating you. OR maybe she once dated and still talks to and flirts with Jim (behind your back of course), so if he sees a pic of her and you he'll go WTF, and that will mess things up (and she doesn't want that to happen).

If the person regularly uses social media and updates pics (and people tend to post pics of things they value, or pics of them and their friends) etc, but never posts pics of you together, or doesn't even have one pic of you together, then I feel it's natural to want to question. Ultimately all you can do is talk to your partner and see what's up.

Last edited by Lovebird-; 03-09-2017 at 04:04 PM..

Old 03-09-2017, 04:31 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Personally I wouldn't care.

I don't understand the stigma attached to keeping your relationship private. I think this is more of a communication/trust issue. If your partner tells you that it's not because they want to hide you out of shame/or possession issues, believe them. If it bothers you that much, leave. If I had a bf I wouldn't want to plaster him on my page either. I've seen so much drama attached to that and I want no part of it. Everybody doesn't need to know who you've been with.

Old 03-09-2017, 05:29 PM

169 posts, read 134,383 times
Reminds me of my husband. He cut me off a picture and just post his face on his FB. I was like 'thanks for cutting me off the pic, biatch'. He was like make an FB account and cut me off the pic too. And he said that is his FB. He can be a douche. His status says married though. But honestly I really don't give a sht really.

I am not an attention ho and I actually deleted all my social media acct. I have them all even myspace.

He loves going to FB but I honestly don't care I know he is not cheating and that's all that matters. Really don't care about his FB 'life'. Coz he lives his REAL life with me, 24/7, unfortunately.

Old 03-12-2017, 06:25 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shailene View Post
Reminds me of my husband. He cut me off a picture and just post his face on his FB. I was like 'thanks for cutting me off the pic, biatch'. He was like make an FB account and cut me off the pic too. And he said that is his FB. He can be a douche. His status says married though. But honestly I really don't give a sht really.

I am not an attention ho and I actually deleted all my social media acct. I have them all even myspace.

He loves going to FB but I honestly don't care I know he is not cheating and that's all that matters. Really don't care about his FB 'life'. Coz he lives his REAL life with me, 24/7, unfortunately.
Sounds like you're happily married.lol!

Old 03-12-2017, 07:59 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
I'm in the vast minority as I can't stand the love affair America has with social media sites. I find it very superficial and fake. "Look at how great I'm doing" kind of thing. The reality is often very different than the pictures posted.

To get upset about this is equally artificial, fake, and I'll add childish. IMO

Old 03-13-2017, 03:36 PM

169 posts, read 134,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I'm in the vast minority as I can't stand the love affair America has with social media sites. I find it very superficial and fake. "Look at how great I'm doing" kind of thing. The reality is often very different than the pictures posted.

To get upset about this is equally artificial, fake, and I'll add childish. IMO
Word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Sounds like you're happily married.lol!
I am satisfied and happy for the most part. I think it's pathetic to base someone's relationship is happy and perfect based on their social media content/posts. See the bolded quote above. Which I 100001% agree.

Also when I read your post I check my husband's profile pic guess what? He did not cut me off this time. Still don't care though.

What's more important to me is what's happening behind the social media posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships