Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 08:02 PM

11 posts, read 12,997 times

Advertisements

I realize this is such a stupid issue, but it's been really bothering me recently.

Background: BF and I dated like 5 years ago and have recently gotten back together a couple of months ago after not being together for a little over 3 years.

My BF uses instagram to post pictures of either himself, where he is traveling (75% of the time, I am on the trip with him), or a picture of him and his best guy friends. If you were to see his instagram, you would never know I existed.

I have either met his friends or they know about me because I have all his friends on social media, so they can connect the dots that we are posting from the same place so we are obviously together.
I just wish that he'd post pictures of me on Instagram so it at least looks like he's not single/available.

We were having a lunch date today and I asked him why he never posts pictures of me but will post pictures with him and "the boys". He told me that "it's different posting pictures with 'the boys' than it is with you. Have I ever posted just a picture with me and a girl?" And I said "uh no, because you really have girl-friends and you haven't dated anyone but me". And then he continues to post the picture on Instagram that I had taken of him at lunch today..

Does that reasoning even make sense? I don't think it does. How is it any different to post a picture with me, his girlfriend, than with his best buddies?

We are going on a trip next month, so I really want him to at least post a picture of us when we're there.

I also know he's not cheating on me or there's a side-chick because he spends most time with me and I've seen who he texts and messages and they are all names I am familiar with/people that know I exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2017, 08:38 PM

1,659 posts, read 1,256,251 times
IMO, he likes the attention he gets from appearing to be single.

Old 01-11-2017, 08:41 PM

25,569 posts, read 17,275,200 times
The OP is being sent a message.
She should read it instead of trying to get it changed.

Old 01-11-2017, 09:01 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,006,316 times
He should block you from his Instagram page and make it private.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:53 PM

3,145 posts, read 2,658,400 times
please don't make this non-issue into an issue. Maybe since you guys broke up and recently got back together, he's not ready yet to post pictures of you two. I know i don't post stuff with my gf unless ive been with her for a year or so.

Old 01-11-2017, 10:58 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,026,393 times
With facial recognition software, why would anyone in their right mind want to post their photo on facebook?

Boy to say that person is not wise is a major understatement.

PEOPLE DO NOT POST PHOTOS OF YOURSELF ONLINE!!!

OR ANYONE ELSE WITHOUT PERMISSION FIRST!!!!!

Now with the OP's concern, not sure what the concern is exactly

Old 01-11-2017, 11:24 PM

38 posts, read 45,301 times
If you guys have only been back on for a few months I can't blame him. It's really not necessary to make your relationship public when it's this new. What if it ended next month? If you feel that he is a great boyfriend you should just drop this Petty problem. But if there's other red flags as well maybe there's a fire somewhere

Old 01-12-2017, 01:41 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,010,517 times
If you gotta no other problem at all this is a good one to worry,, buy some coke and start thinking a lot,, I am on Instagram but I don't post any of my boy friends or my daughter or our family photos. I have 1500 followers I don't even know who are they. That is not because I want to show of as single my profile very boldly say Married Honestly I don't think Instagram is the place for family pics or couple pics I mostly seen two girls either set of boys very rarely I have seen entire family pics or couples or babies or so and so

Old 01-12-2017, 03:06 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times
Prehapes he just prefers to keep his relationships private?

I don't post my family online, becuase honestly it's nobodies business. It has nothing to do with hiding them away in an attempt to keep "side chicks" or attract the oppsiate sex

Old 01-12-2017, 05:05 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,721,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rego00123 View Post
Prehapes he just prefers to keep his relationships private?

I don't post my family online, becuase honestly it's nobodies business. It has nothing to do with hiding them away in an attempt to keep "side chicks" or attract the oppsiate sex
OP, I think that could well be the best answer: some people are private, while others are not. One way to check this is to compare the behavior you see in his picture posting with his more general behavior regarding relationship privacy.

I have often wondered about why some people act the way he does. In the cases I am familiar with, hiding the relationship to retain the appearance of being single has not been a motivation. In some cases, it has been due to some inner shame about being in a troubled relationship or being with a partner whom he/she regards as "not good enough" and/or is afraid others will have the same reaction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships