Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 08:39 AM

6 posts, read 2,861 times

Advertisements

i went to a few psychiatrists and it wasnt a good experience for me so i dont really want to go to one anymore
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2017, 08:46 AM

2,148 posts, read 1,697,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pringleshotandspicy View Post
i went to a few psychiatrists and it wasnt a good experience for me so i dont really want to go to one anymore
That really isn't elaborating. It sounds as though they were bringing up things you didn't want to discuss, so you cut them off.

The therapy really is dependent upon your willingness to learn things about yourself. Maybe some of those are difficult to hear, but unless you really want to change, you'll find yourself going through the same issues over and over again.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:58 AM

I mean its not easy for me to open up to people but i have someone i still talk to about my problems.. but even if i should, i dont really want to go to therapy anymore. Ive made a lot of progress on my own untillbnow

Last edited by pringleshotandspicy; 01-13-2017 at 09:06 AM..

Old 01-13-2017, 09:18 AM

22,592 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
Its hard to keep a positive mindset tough,
And you can't, since you are depressed and suicidal.
You NEED professional help!

Old 01-13-2017, 09:22 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
... but even if i should, i dont really want to go to therapy anymore. Ive made a lot of progress on my own untillbnow
You need to realize that you aren't the best one to make that decision.

In my experience, I liked talk therapy much better than the psychiatrist I saw for depression. The main goal of being referred to the psychiatrist was to get on meds, and I didn't want to be on meds either. I tried it but stopped after a while.

But it takes time and effort to find a good compatible therapist sometimes. I don't like to open up either, but in my experience, staying isolated makes depression worse.

At the very least, you could call one of the hotlines and talk to someone on the phone rather than in person.

You DO need help.

Old 01-13-2017, 11:18 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,336,686 times
Try a jungian therapist they deal with the soul and can get meaning back into your life,look specifically for a jungian,you sound listless,vague etc it's almost seems as if you feel a relationship will cover all the cracks in your life but it won't.

It may be comforting and helpful but you really have to do the soulwork yourself,try recording your dreams and discovering what's going on in your psyche yourself.

the disconnect you feel in trying to talk to people many many people feel - that's why their is an anxiety epidemic in the west,everyone's on anxiety or depression drugs.

theres not a lot of guidance or deep connection going on,that's not really your fault so don't be hard on yourself,you just sound weary and lost to me like many.

Try filling out this quiz and figuring out what your passionate about,a sense of purpose will stop you from feeling life is something you must give up.

Old 01-13-2017, 11:55 AM

ill look more into the jungian therapist thing but i dont really have answers to most of the questions in that quiz you linked me...

Old 01-13-2017, 12:11 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,336,686 times
Well believe me everyone has a purpose and the sooner you figure out yours the better off you'll be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships