Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2017, 09:56 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times

Advertisements

The main problem seems to be that you're having sex without intimacy, and you can't reconcile your feelings with the dearth of information you have about his feelings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2017, 10:05 AM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post

You complained before that he doesn't kiss you after sex. Now he did it and it wasn't good either. WTF?

The issue is that she wants more of a traditional relationship, and in her gut, he's not going to give her that. She knows what the situation is; however, is having difficulty with swallowing her feelings and accepting the arrangement. I don't think the guy is interested in her more than an FWB. He has likely has too much on his plate to offer anything more than some bedroom frustration release. The OP doesn't just want sex, but doesn't want to give him up either. She may even have a desire to wait it out and slowly try to fix him and mold him into what she's looking for. She's not the first woman to do that and she won't be the last.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:24 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,806,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
The issue is that she wants more of a traditional relationship, and in her gut, he's not going to give her that. She knows what the situation is; however, is having difficulty with swallowing her feelings and accepting the arrangement. I don't think the guy is interested in her more than an FWB. He has likely has too much on his plate to offer anything more than some bedroom frustration release. The OP doesn't just want sex, but doesn't want to give him up either. She may even have a desire to wait it out and slowly try to fix him and mold him into what she's looking for. She's not the first woman to do that and she won't be the last.

That could be true (that she's just a FWB), but it could be just as true that the guy was serious when he said he was looking for more. He's coming to the end of writing a dissertation and they've only been dating a few weeks. He may see them as casually dating and seeing were it leads.

Either way, the OP just refuses to tell the guy how she feels and why then see how he reacts. Dude has no idea she's reading his every move for the secret squirrel signs. LOL

Old 01-25-2017, 10:28 AM

109 posts, read 52,412 times
But I already told him I wasn't looking for anything casual. And he is done btw with his dissertation. Now, he is applying for a new position (full time job) and is in the process of interviewing.

As I said, depends how I feel and what he suggests for next date. I might or might not accept it.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:30 AM

4,829 posts, read 4,281,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
That could be true (that she's just a FWB), but it could be just as true that the guy was serious when he said he was looking for more. He's coming to the end of writing a dissertation and they've only been dating a few weeks. He may see them as casually dating and seeing were it leads.

Either way, the OP just refuses to tell the guy how she feels and why then see how he reacts. Dude has no idea she's reading his every move for the secret squirrel signs. LOL

Of course. Why risk something when it's not all bad? I mean, she is getting sex that she enjoys (somewhat sarcastic). I think we've all been here before. Knowing we want more, but unsure if the person can, or is unwilling, to give us that. You're also afraid of communicating your wants, because you already feel you're on some rather shaky ground with the person. You're in that I'm not so sure stage, to where you feel one false move can jeopardize the whole situation. It's a tough spot to be in.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Of course. Why risk something when it's not all bad? I mean, she is getting sex that she enjoys (somewhat sarcastic). I think we've all been here before. Knowing we want more, but unsure if the person can, or is unwilling, to give us that. You're also afraid of communicating your wants, because you already feel you're on some rather shaky ground with the person. You're in that I'm not so sure stage, to where you feel one false move can jeopardize the whole situation. It's a tough spot to be in.
It is not at all like that. Yes, I am unsure about what he wants. Actually, I think he wants fwb situation. However, the reason I am not communicating is because I have already brought it up and got the answer. So what would be different this time? He will say he enjoys spending time with me and hopes for more. Yeah right. I wont believe it because his actions dont really communicate that.
If you remeber, I already left once, and this time I approached the whole situation with caution. It won't be much more difficult to walk away again. The reason I am staying is that he is nice, treats me well when we are together, and I have a little hope he might really want something more. How longer am I going to put up with that? Not sure. I might also talk to him (in person this time) and walk away or just be fed up and text him.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:48 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linguist View Post
I might also talk to him (in person this time) and walk away or just be fed up and text him.
... just like he might stay as-is or he might profess his love. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At some point, one of y'all is gonna have to say SOMETHING.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:51 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,806,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linguist View Post
But I already told him I wasn't looking for anything casual. And he is done btw with his dissertation. Now, he is applying for a new position (full time job) and is in the process of interviewing.

As I said, depends how I feel and what he suggests for next date. I might or might not accept it.

You told him you didn't want casual, but you didn't tell him what you see as clear signs he's serious. He doesn't know he's being judged harshly and why.

Quote:

True.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
... just like he might stay as-is or he might profess his love. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

At some point, one of y'all is gonna have to say SOMETHING.
Hahahaha "profess his love." I am afraid he will give me the same answer as before (the answer I want to hear). I would rather see his actions first (this time) and decide what I want.

Old 01-25-2017, 11:14 AM

11,784 posts, read 12,022,471 times
This is what settling looks like.

Being willing to take whatever you get and hoping that it might change is not something any good relationship should consist of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships