Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2017, 02:15 PM

109 posts, read 52,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
What he did was confirm what most of us have been thinking.
I sure hope he finds somebody that appreciates him.
BTW, if all your 'other guys' have been the falling all over you type, where are they? What did or didn't they do to make you happy?
And why haven't you addressed the issue about you not wanting a relationship or casual sex or a FWB deal?
In most cases, I didnt feel anything for these guys. In one case, my ex bf became distant and his work became his priority (long distance relationship) and I ended things.

When I said, I dont want a relationship at this point, I meant: we need more time to get to know each other. I didnt want him to think I was pressuronv him into a relationship. I am ok, with just getting to know each other.
But we were not doing it. We were looking for opportunities to have fun and sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2017, 02:18 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,805,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linguist View Post
He just replied and confirmed my doubts.
I think you deserve to be in a relationship where you feel fully satisfied. Accordingly, I feel it is best to just move on. Thank you for everithing and wish you the best.
I don't think it confirms anything other than you guys are not compatible. I mean he already chased you down once before when you broke up with him and a few weeks later he's right back where he started.

This is not good match, no one has to be the bad guy here.

I hope the next guy is everything you are looking for, OP! Good luck!

Old 01-28-2017, 02:22 PM

23,170 posts, read 26,177,249 times
Shaking my head.
You have said too many contradictory things throughout this thread.
You even said you went to dinner one night and he let you go politely and without argument when you wouldn't go to his place later
You agree to sex twice very early then try to cut him off ...and he's nice about it...so you can get to know each other better....all this in only a handful of dates.

I give up

Old 01-28-2017, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
I don't think it confirms anything other than you guys are not compatible. I mean he already chased you down once before when you broke up with him and a few weeks later he's right back where he started.

This is not good match, no one has to be the bad guy here.

I hope the next guy is everything you are looking for, OP! Good luck!
He chased me down and didnt change anything. It seemed like he came back to see if he could get more sex and companionship (with minimal effort).

Old 01-28-2017, 02:25 PM

I gave him a chance to talk about this and tell him what was bothering me. I only said this is not working for me. I am not happy with the way things are. He declined it and told me to move on. That's all.

Old 01-28-2017, 02:27 PM

Quote:
He chased me down and didnt change anything. It seemed like he came back to see if he could get more sex and companionship (with minimal effort).

Quote:
I gave him a chance to talk about this and tell him what was bothering me. I only said this is not working for me. I am not happy with the way things are. He declined it and told me to move on. That's all.
It was the SECOND time you broke up with him in the.. what.. month and a half maybe you've been dealing with him? He doesn't want to try again.

If you want to believe he used you for sex, then fine, believe that. It doesn't matter anymore.

Find someone who doesn't make you feel that way.

Old 01-28-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
It was the SECOND time you broke up with him in the.. what.. month and a half maybe you've been dealing with him? He doesn't want to try again.

If you want to believe he used you for sex, then fine, believe that. It doesn't matter anymore.

Find someone who doesn't make you feel that way.
Yes, I broke up with him. He apologized and asked for another chance. Nothing changed. I told him I wasnt happy and offered to talk to him in person. He obviously knows, he cant make me happy (cant give me what I want) and told me to move on.
If he was interested, he would have been happy to put more effort and discuss what was bothering me.

Old 01-28-2017, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Yes, I broke up with him. He apologized and asked for another chance. Nothing changed. I told him I wasnt happy and offered to talk to him in person. He obviously knows, he cant make me happy (cant give me what I want) and told me to move on.
If he was interested, he would have been happy to put more effort and discuss what was bothering me.

Okay, since it's Saturday and I'm bored..

Well, lets look at this from his (possible) perspective:

I'm a dude finishing up a dissertation. I have a part time job as well. I don't have a lot of free time or energy buy I meet a girl online and we go out. She's in school and busy too. She can only see me once a week. We go out a couple of times and it's great. Good chemistry, great conversation, lots of laughs. The third time, after about two weeks of dating, we have sex. She stays over. We lay in each other's arms. I don't talk to her much during the week because we're both busy. We see each other again and this time, after sex we go out for breakfast and talk for hours. She seems really cool. A few days later she texts and ask if I want something serious. I tell her the truth - I really like her and would love to see where this goes. I'm at the point where I want to settle down with someone and this is going well so far even though it's only been a few weeks.

A couple of days after that conversation she dumps me out of the blue. She says I don't make her feel wanted. I'm confused and a little hurt. She tells me her decision is final and she's going out of town for the next week or so and can't be reached.

After 2 weeks I get up the nerve to call her again and ask for another chance. She agrees. We go out and have a good time. I pick up the check. This time she can't come over to my house. I don't make a big deal of it so she can see I like her. I call her the next day to make another date. The next time we go out I share a bit more of myself, show her I used to be a DJ. We laugh and dance and have another great night. She stays over. The next day I push her off my chest when I'm half asleep. She gets mad, and I shower her with kisses (I think she likes that?) to show I didn't mean it that way. Later that day I text her a note thanking her for the date and following up on something at work(? School?) she mentioned was bothering her. This should show that I pay attention to her life and care what happens. I text her goodnight. She answers me with a greeting the next morning. I think things are going pretty good. I can't wait for our next date.

Then I get another email saying she still doesn't feel the intimacy she wants and she's dumping me again.

Clearly this is not working. I wish her well and say goodbye.

A little while later she backtracks and says she's willing to talk. By now I'm frustrated with the hot and cold routine and I no longer see the point.

This is turning out to be too hard and I just want to find someone else.

The end.

Old 01-28-2017, 03:04 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,630,364 times
Quote:
Unbelievable. While some members are sure he is playing me (according to the signs), others get upset when I guestion his claims that he wants a relationship.
Yup, Mikelee, you might be right.
When I'm really into a girl, she knows it. There won't be any question.

Old 01-28-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
When I'm really into a girl, she knows it. There won't be any question.
Yup. That is my experience as well. And if she tells you, she doesnt feel wanted and you are really into her, next time you either show her you are, or at least talk to her about it.
And he says, we can only hang out once a week due to my schedule (it is usually Tuesday). He never mentioned another date. I am sure he was waiting for my STD results so he can schedule another sleep over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships