Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 03:22 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluegrassGuy View Post
I'd beg to differ on that one. I'm definitely neither desired nor have long-term potential. If I were either, I would have experienced at least one long-term relationship by now, at age 44.
Agreed but it's not impossible mate

Do you mind me asking how long you've felt this way about yourself or even approached a lady romantically?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017, 03:28 PM

217 posts, read 237,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Agreed but it's not impossible mate

Do you mind me asking how long you've felt this way about yourself or even approached a lady romantically?
Pretty much since college.. Even as a senior in HS, come to think of it. I realized my time in high school was nearing an end, and I had never dated anyone, whereas a majority of my friends had. Then I never dated anyone in college until I discovered online dating. This came in the form of free personals ads, email, IRC, then later free dating sites. Match.com was free at that time. We're talking 1995 here. I met someone on Match.com then who I really liked and was hoping to eventually get into a long-term relationship with. Well, a couple months later, she dumped me for no good reason, when I thought everything was going very well. I never did anything wrong, to my knowledge. Then it would be 4 years before I would find anyone else to date.

Old 01-15-2017, 03:35 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
Pretty much since college.. Even as a senior in HS, come to think of it. I realized my time in high school was nearing an end, and I had never dated anyone, whereas a majority of my friends had. Then I never dated anyone in college until I discovered online dating. This came in the form of free personals ads, email, IRC, then later free dating sites. Match.com was free at that time. We're talking 1995 here. I met someone on Match.com then who I really liked and was hoping to eventually get into a long-term relationship with. Well, a couple months later, she dumped me for no good reason, when I thought everything was going very well. I never did anything wrong, to my knowledge. Then it would be 4 years before I would find anyone else to date.
Based on what you've revealed here, you've done virtually nothing to get yourself into any kind of relationship, let alone a long term one. Lamenting about something you didn't achieve yet made no wholehearted effort towards.

Or did I miss something?

Old 01-15-2017, 03:37 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,518,441 times
Quote:
Awwwww thank you for sharing mate

Right so you have dated and have got experience then mate...... That means you HAVE got it and are very much dateable in someone's eyes

You say no one has shown interest in you since but what about yourself have you shown interest in anyone and made it known to them?

Old 01-15-2017, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoncowboy30 View Post
Awwwww thank you for sharing mate

Right so you have dated and have got experience then mate...... That means you HAVE got it and are very much dateable in someone's eyes

You say no one has shown interest in you since but what about yourself have you shown interest in anyone and made it known to them?
Yes, several women. But the ones I want are already in long-term relationships. In fact, one just got engaged last summer.

And maybe I USED to have it, but I certainly don't now. I'm nowhere near as good looking now as I was then (not that I actually was then either). I have very little dating experience. I did the math on all of my past relationships, and the TOTAL time is only 8 months. And that's counting the times where I wasn't in the area, thus unable to spend time together (since most of them were long-distance ones that I met online).

Old 01-15-2017, 04:41 PM

11,784 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
Yes, several women. But the ones I want are already in long-term relationships. In fact, one just got engaged last summer.

And maybe I USED to have it, but I certainly don't now. I'm nowhere near as good looking now as I was then (not that I actually was then either). I have very little dating experience. I did the math on all of my past relationships, and the TOTAL time is only 8 months. And that's counting the times where I wasn't in the area, thus unable to spend time together (since most of them were long-distance ones that I met online).
We're in a brand new year now. What are your plans for doing something differently to achieve the results you want? You haven't really tried, you have a negative view of yourself and you have fairly strict parameters for a woman to date. From the other post you wrote about yourself and your life, job, home, etc., it really sounds like you're just looking to slot a woman into what you already have. It doesn't work that way.

You need to get out of your comfort zone, seek therapy, take steps to grab life by the horns instead of just existing from day to day and wallowing in self-pity. I am the same age you are. We aren't getting younger. I plan for me to be a better version of myself this next birthday. And you?

Old 01-15-2017, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
I am the same age you are. We aren't getting younger. I plan for me to be a better version of myself this next birthday. And you?
I plan for 2017 to be just as dateless as 2016 was. My last date was on 12/21/15. And you guessed it - only a first date. She never was interested in a second.

Old 01-15-2017, 05:28 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Means he's available to mingle with since he's single.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:44 AM

11,784 posts, read 12,022,471 times
Quote:
I plan for 2017 to be just as dateless as 2016 was. My last date was on 12/21/15. And you guessed it - only a first date. She never was interested in a second.
Aren't you just a neat little bundle of self-fulfilling prophecy.

What a waste of a life.

Old 01-16-2017, 05:47 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
I plan for 2017 to be just as dateless as 2016 was.
Then you'll likely succeed.
Be careful what you wish for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships