Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2017, 10:28 AM

76 posts, read 36,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Lather, rinse, repeat. Until you address your crippling insecurities, you will be making these threads forever.

I don't know if it's a question of insecurity or what the hell it is

let's break it down like this - I'm currently 100% happy with just about every part of myself. My appearance, my personality, my job, who I am as a person, my sexual abilities, my lifestyle, my friends, family, hobbies, etc... I have absolutely nothing to feel reserved about. i am the best version of myself I've ever been

If I sometimes feel that an attractive woman would not like me, it's because I assume that they have impossible standards/are impossible to please/have no interest in being approached.

It's a combination of a very defeatist attitude mixed in with a strong fear of rejection

Old 01-15-2017, 10:31 AM

162 posts, read 153,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roycethe59 View Post
I don't know if it's a question of insecurity or what the hell it is

let's break it down like this - I'm currently 100% happy with just about every part of myself. My appearance, my personality, my job, who I am as a person, my sexual abilities, my lifestyle, my friends, family, hobbies, etc... I have absolutely nothing to feel reserved about. i am the best version of myself I've ever been

If I sometimes feel that an attractive woman would not like me, it's because I assume that they have impossible standards/are impossible to please/have no interest in being approached.

It's a combination of a very defeatist attitude mixed in with a strong fear of rejection
Well you answered your own question here. And the answer to your thread is yes, because of a lack of confidence.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:34 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
Does posting the same story here all the time help you, OP? I'm just curious.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:37 AM

48,519 posts, read 34,833,342 times
You ARE very vain, and very metrosexual.

You are groomed within an inch of your life, and your clothes are VERY fitted.

Yes, you are handsome, and well built, but for a lot of women you are going to seem too...... too..... something. Combine that with your failure to ask and "wa-la!". Here you are.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-15-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovebird- View Post
Well you answered your own question here. And the answer to your thread is yes, because of a lack of confidence.

can you say my situation is a lack of confidence if I'm very confident when I go out on dates/am actually in a relationship? The problem is that getting dates is impossibly hard for me

Online dating would be perfect for me - the process to get a date is way easier than traditional means but I know the difficulty curve for men is astoundingly high, especially for guys like me in their late 20s with no kids who want a cute mid 20s woman with no kids. Every douchebag on the planet is going for women in my demographic. I can't even imagine how many hits an attractive/fit 25 year old woman is receiving on there. No matter how good of a catch I may be, I'm not a male model or a pro athlete or movie star. That's about what it takes to be successful on there if you're going after women in my demographic

Old 01-15-2017, 10:40 AM

2,953 posts, read 2,900,011 times
Fearless in the face of failure. How does a woman expect a man to protect her if he can't even approach her?

No way around it, confidence is look's trump card.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:44 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
Lack of self-confidence is often the reason for grandioise claims of greatness (minus the part where you always claim to look like Mario Lopez--is that supposed to be a good thing?). Textbook, literally. Narcissism is rooted in extreme insecurity.

Everyone here sees it and has for all the years you've posted the same thing, so it's likely people out in the real world do as well.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:46 AM

18 posts, read 18,085 times
Lmao you're coping, whatever helps you sleep at night I guess. Women just don't find you desirable at all because you're completely unattractive to them. If you are so handsome like you say you are then these women would give you obvious body language signs to approach. Sorry bro this is just the brutal honest truth that a lot of people here won't say.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
You ARE very vain, and very metrosexual.

You are groomed within an inch of your life, and your clothes are VERY fitted.

Yes, you are handsome, and well built, but for a lot of women you are going to seem too...... too..... something. Combine that with your failure to ask and "wa-la!". Here you are.

I just got done cutting weight to 180 LBs and 8% body fat. The most ripped I've ever been, if you think I looked good before, I look like an absolute stud right now. My face looks so chiseled

Here's what it comes down to. It's not that I try sooooooooooooo hard to look good because it matters that much to me. I want to meet someone so badly - I've struggled miserably my whole life because of my lack of dating success- and I feel that I have to be impossibly attractive to have even the tiniest chance in hell of meeting someone. I feel that mildly attractive women have absolutely impossible standards to begin with. I don't know how the hell average looking dudes do it - out of the 100 men in that club last night, I was easily among the top 3 or 4 best looking and it's still incredibly hard for me to even say hi to a woman I'm interested in. All I'm thinking is that she has no interest in being approached and maybe if I look like a male model, I might have a chance

if I had a normal dating life, I wouldn't try so hard to look good. It's been my lack of success that has pushed me harder and harder and harder and harder and harder for success in all areas. Same thing is true with my job. That's why I push myself to work 60 hours a week - I feel that maybe if I get to a point where I'm earning 200K a year and I'm a millionaire by 34-35, there will be a woman who likes me.

BTW, I still consider myself manly looking. I don't get my eyebrows waxed, I have facial hair. Me having perfect looking skin is just a result of good genetics and good diet. I don't wear weird creams. I get ready to leave my house in 15-20 minutes

The weird thing is that I have a ton to offer beyond anything superficial. I can hold a good conversation on any subject matter. I'm considerate, affectionate, incredibly loyal, supportive, understanding,etc.. The woman I was seeing last year still raves and raves and raves and raves and raves about how good of a person I am at heart.

What it comes down to is if I've made dating so hard in my mind, women so unreasonable, their standards so impossible that me being a good person at heart, earning huge amounts of money, working so hard to look good, it's not enough. I have to keep pushing myself harder and harder and harder and harder and make myself impossibly perfect for an attractive woman to like me.

Old 01-15-2017, 10:53 AM

162 posts, read 153,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roycethe59 View Post
can you say my situation is a lack of confidence if I'm very confident when I go out on dates/am actually in a relationship? The problem is that getting dates is impossibly hard for me

Online dating would be perfect for me - the process to get a date is way easier than traditional means but I know the difficulty curve for men is astoundingly high, especially for guys like me in their late 20s with no kids who want a cute mid 20s woman with no kids. Every douchebag on the planet is going for women in my demographic. I can't even imagine how many hits an attractive/fit 25 year old woman is receiving on there. No matter how good of a catch I may be, I'm not a male model or a pro athlete or movie star. That's about what it takes to be successful on there if you're going after women in my demographic
Who the hell cares what other people are doing? And why call them douchebags? By your own words they are going for women and you admittedly are not. You have this all mixed up.

There are plenty of people who go out on dates and are in relationships who are not confident in themselves. She could be 25, fit, a pageant, blah, blah. Says nothing about her personality or if she's even worth getting to know. The only one making this process difficult for you is yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships