Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 09:06 AM

953 posts, read 842,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
Don't bother chasing someone who doesn't want you. Don't text him anymore. If he contacts you don't respond.

Don't you want a man that wants to be with you?
^^^ More good advice.

People with similar relationship dilemmas (and there are many of them) can express themselves on these forums as they wish. However, it must be pointed out that very few follow the generally sound and well-intentioned advice they receive from other members.

There may eventually be another 300 or more replies in this thread before it burns itself out like a dying star in the galaxy ... it is also free (unlike therapy sessions), but there is no substitute for making the common sense changes previously shared and moving forward with your life.

I fully understand that the OP is hurting ... but nobody can make another person respond on any of these social media sites with any greater degree of success than you can make them like you, love you or marry you. Whatever happened continues to be a mystery and a shock to the OP's central nervous system. There is always more than one side to a break-up ... leave it at that and do not make yourself crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2017, 09:44 AM

264 posts, read 190,845 times
Even after it all now being done I still can't believe he treated me so Bad.
He had me totally in the palm of his hand..

Old 01-17-2017, 09:45 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyanne29 View Post
I am sorry. Do something for yourself that makes you feel better. Surround yourself with friends and go out, have some fun. Forget that dbag.

Old 01-17-2017, 09:45 AM

6,304 posts, read 9,008,593 times
Quote:
So perhaps now it's time to reflect on your own feelings and actions and come up with a game plan on how you will learn and change from this experience?

Old 01-17-2017, 09:50 AM

345 posts, read 276,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
I am sorry. Do something for yourself that makes you feel better. Surround yourself with friends and go out, have some fun. Forget that dbag.
Good advice!

A lot of people are being way too holier than thou on this thread. It's great that some of you have the whole relationship thing figured out and are awesome at life, but sometimes people aren't so great at relationships and get screwed over. And they want to know why, even though they may never know.

Let the poor OP vent instead of putting her down. Jeez.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:02 AM

264 posts, read 190,845 times
I'm not sure if I mentioned In my other thread I suffer with anxiety/depression.
So when something happens I struggle to cope.
This has made me feel worthless,for the first time in months I felt wanted and happy.
Then he was gone..I thought he cared about me but I'm not stupid I know he didn't or he couldn't of treated me like this.
Then today when I noticed he removed me from snap chat ..a meaningless APP I felt like I was a nobody not even worthy of being a "friend" on there.
What did I do to make him dislike me so much..
I'm not sure if I'm making sense

Old 01-17-2017, 10:06 AM

345 posts, read 276,249 times
Quote:
I'm not sure if I mentioned In my other thread I suffer with anxiety/depression.
This has made me feel worthless,for the first time in months I felt wanted and happy.
Then he was gone..I thought he cared about me but I'm not stupid I know he didn't or he couldn't of treated me like this.
Then today when I noticed he removed me from snap chat ..a meaningless APP I felt like I was a nobody not even worthy of being a "friend" on there.
I understand because I've been there. It's like he threw your relationship away and never cared. But you have to realize that this is your anxiety talking. I think the logical part of you realizes that he is the a hole in this scenario, right?

Old 01-17-2017, 10:07 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,345,258 times
Quote:
Maybe the guy is just an ass. Probably. Asses do bad stuff like this. I get that you're hurting and maybe now isn't the time, but in a few days look at how much power you gave him (anyone) that removing you from an app you describe as useless made you feel like a nobody. Again later, look at his actions as being about him, and your reactions as being about you, and ponder which you have control over.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:20 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,301,772 times
He's not into you move on.

Old 01-17-2017, 10:25 AM

20,758 posts, read 19,951,234 times
Quote:
You are making total sense. It happens to many of us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships