Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2016, 12:33 PM

951 posts, read 1,141,150 times

Advertisements

I found out that my crush is not only in a relationship, but he's gay. GAY! I guess that is what I get for not having enough guts to just talk to him, and just admiring him from afar. I'm sure I would've picked up on something if I had talked to him earlier. I'm still somewhat hoping that he is at least bisexual because I'm quite confused why he would behave like a straight man who seemed to be attracted to me as well. At this point, I don't know if I should even feel flattered or not. Such a loss and I'm so disappointed.

I knew it was too good to be true - 40 year old very good looking guy, no ring, gives me attention like no other, maybe even single? This is why I don't like to approach men! I always find out they're taken even though they may act like they're not, but this one had me by almost complete surprise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2016, 12:37 PM

531 posts, read 384,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhRainess View Post
I knew it was too good to be true - 40 year old very good looking guy, no ring, gives me attention like no other, maybe even single? This is why I don't like to approach men! I always find out they're taken even though they may act like they're not, but this one had me by almost complete surprise.
Happens to men all the time. Youll get used to it. Dont give up

Old 12-09-2016, 01:17 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Nothing bad ever.

Old 12-09-2016, 01:18 PM

1,769 posts, read 2,106,492 times
Hmm, how'd you meet him?

Old 12-09-2016, 01:25 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,013,051 times
No. LOL. Not so far.

I don't look that many people up, though. I don't think to do that, generally.

Old 12-09-2016, 01:37 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,981,005 times
how do you know he is gay?

According to google, my ex still lives with me and still owns the house. He moved out 5 years ago.

Old 12-09-2016, 04:52 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,901,836 times
I don't Google people. Feels like I'm invading their privacy. I'm weird like that. Would rather live in ignorance than find them naked on Tumblr.

Old 12-09-2016, 06:00 PM

2,144 posts, read 1,880,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhRainess View Post
..I'm quite confused why he would behave like a straight man ...
I have to wonder what this means. Do all gay men act a certain way that straight men don't act like?

This isn't a romantic situation, but I once found out a person I had hung out with on several occasions in a group was on the sex offender registry for lewd behavior with a minor.

Old 12-09-2016, 06:25 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,875,261 times
He was on Twitter asking people for sex.

Old 12-09-2016, 06:26 PM

951 posts, read 1,141,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise of virtue View Post
Happens to men all the time. Youll get used to it. Dont give up
Thanks. This has taught me to have more confidence and just talk to the guy I'm interested in from now on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealIRC View Post
Hmm, how'd you meet him?
Gym, specifically the weight room where it's usually 90% men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
how do you know he is gay?
He's been sharing the same addresses with another man his age for the last 20 years. Both never married and are not related. I doubt they are just roommates. And he said he was "seeing someone" and not "I have a girlfriend."

Quote:
Originally Posted by HansProof View Post
I don't Google people. Feels like I'm invading their privacy. I'm weird like that. Would rather live in ignorance than find them naked on Tumblr.
Even though most have disappointed me when I Googled them, it has saved me a lot of trouble from giving them further chances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murk View Post
I have to wonder what this means. Do all gay men act a certain way that straight men don't act like?
I just assumed he was straight because he kept checking me out all the time and always tried to get close to me whenever he saw me. He also had a hunky, masculine look about him versus the "pretty boy" look. Also, usually gay guys do not check me out.

He looks more like Zac Efron in this picture http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/...7477268789.jpg (but this picture of Efron only. Usually, Efron would appear too pretty for me, but in this picture he appears more masculine.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships