Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 03:32 PM

1,166 posts, read 876,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
If they have kids, there may not be much to gain financially after paying for childcare and commuting expenses for two people. So having a stay-at-home parent may make the most sense financially.

If they don't have kids, I don't know why the hell one party would accept the other not working and not bringing in an income. I'd never allow someone to sit at home on my dime.
You sir have expressed the closest thing to my feelings so far on this thread, thank you.

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Would you still feel this way if you could easily do it financially?

Again, your perceptions seem to be those of someone who has never loved someone enough to understand that relationships are not competitions, but sometimes require putting the happiness of the other above your own.
Would I still feel the same way if I could support two people with my wages? HELL yes!

There is just not an excuse for an able-bodied adult with the ability to work to sit at home and live off the income of another. If I got sick and couldn't work, I'd feel far better if my SO had a paycheck coming in that we saved.

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
This is your second thread about the same topic, OP
You asked questions, and they were answered.
//www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ives-away.html

This thread is closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships